CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 02:45 PM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Vegas sounds good to me also. I haven't been there for about......4 months now.
Old 09-25-06, 04:06 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what was the total mileage roundtrip from the 1st meeting location (vons parking)? One of my friends wanted to know. thx
Old 09-25-06, 04:20 PM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

Although I only attended two-out-of-five EOS's, going up to the Bay Area with you guys for two consecutive years in a row has been the most fun and memorable thing I've ever done. Thanks a lot to everyone. It was great to see new faces and keep the good times rollin' with those familiar ones. Hope to see you all again soon.

-GS Boy formerly known as ES Boy
Old 09-25-06, 04:23 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6,746 miles.
Old 09-25-06, 08:08 PM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, the convoy back down was the best. Especially rolling with the Shelby IS350 Pace Car. hahaha
Old 09-25-06, 09:03 PM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you guys made it back okay. Here's a little something before you all left. I'll post them on the gallery later.

Dan
Attached Thumbnails EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts-img_0009.jpg  
Old 09-25-06, 10:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

thank you guys again for coming, you guys rule!!!!!!!! we are so delighted to have you guys roll all the way up for this big event, and i hope everyone had a great time!

official thank you / thoughts thread here for EOS5
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=239583

and too bad my wife missed the convoy. it's funny how she was driving crazy trying to catch up, only to find out later that she was actually way ahead of you guys!!!!!!!

and also, clark is a CRAZY driver
Old 09-25-06, 10:52 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and also, clark is a CRAZY driver
You have no idea Henry! LOL

Clark =

Glad to hear "the last dance" was a success and that everyone made it back safely.

Last edited by EXE.UCF10; 09-25-06 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-26-06, 01:20 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's a pic for Liz... although it's not quite the angle she would have liked

Javier
Old 09-26-06, 01:28 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Um, it's not the fire truck I think is hot.......

hahahaha

thanks for the effort tho!

Old 09-26-06, 02:08 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's another "Mach1" picture... For those of you that didn't come on the convoy, last night on the way back we "encountered" a blue 350Z who decided he was fast enough to join our convoy. He was peaceful for a while, but then decided he wanted to extol the virtues of his car... After discussing it very briefly on the radios, we then took quick action, and a group of 5 or 6 of us decided to show him exactly what he was messing with. The 350Z floors it, and about 10 seconds later I did the same, followed by a couple more from our convoy. We caught up to him (while he was at WOT, by the way) in a matter of seconds - probably 10. I pulled next to him, then floored it again to let him feel the power up close and personal. I backed off and let the others do the same thing. The icing on the cake was Ed (edgy) came and finished the job with his supercharged IS300. LOTS of fun, and when flipside909 and the rest of the crew caught up with us at the gas station, he already had us labeled - the Mach1 crew... After we got back on the road, we again encountered the 350Z, and all of us rolled down our windows and give him a . We then decided to commemorate the occasion by marking the kill on my car...

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 09-26-06 at 02:45 AM.
Old 09-26-06, 02:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by EXE.UCF10
You have no idea Henry! LOL

Clark =

Glad to hear "the last dance" was a success and that everyone made it back safely.
well, ritsa called and told me the 3gs and 2is both look very mean. they went in and out of traffic, very fast, she tried to keep up from time to time but couldn't really get too close. but funny thing was somehow she kept up with them pretty much the whole way!!!!!!

then yesterday when i talked to clark, he told me sometimes he did 120mph as well....

hahahaa, now i wonder how ritsa drives
Old 09-26-06, 08:54 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

I'm sorry that we missed the convoy home with you guys, but we did have a good time in Carmel. It sounds like that 350Z had no clue what he was messing with.

I'm sorry I didn't make it to that impromptu dinner last night ... my car had a prior engagement @ TM. (Mad props to Todd for staying up wicked late last night to finish her up before I headed home!). She's running like silk now and I'm out to door to AZ in five minutes.

I'll post my photos in the gallery and a recap in the other thread, but I'll quickly say that you guys made us feel so welcome and we definitely enjoyed meeting a lot of you and hanging out. I just might have to spend a little more time out here in SoCal.
Old 09-26-06, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

have a safe trip, zach!!!!!! it's going to be another long drive for ya, but i am sure you guys had a great time!!!
Old 09-26-06, 10:04 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR

I'm sorry I didn't make it to that impromptu dinner last night ... my car had a prior engagement @ TM. (Mad props to Todd for staying up wicked late last night to finish her up before I headed home!). She's running like silk now and I'm out to door to AZ in five minutes.

I'll post my photos in the gallery and a recap in the other thread, but I'll quickly say that you guys made us feel so welcome and we definitely enjoyed meeting a lot of you and hanging out. I just might have to spend a little more time out here in SoCal.

Hey Zach, seems like you guys need to spend a lot more time in SoCal. I'm glad that you got your car serviced before you leave for AZ. By the way, change your avitar man, it doesn't remotely come close to what you look like haha

p.s Make sure you call IDEAGUY if you get lost 'cuz he has an awesome Nav Unit haha

Terrance

Quick Reply: EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts