CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 10:42 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Zach and Clif, props to you guys for making the longest distance to EOS.

Thanks to all the SoCal guys for making the trip on up.

As the NorCal crew has realized when we go to SoCal events, half of the fun is the trip up and back with the camaraderie developed by those sharing the experience.

Special thanks to Ryan for his years of dedication and support for EOS and his undying efforts to promote the meet and coordinate the convoy and lodging.

Please pass the word to those who missed EOS to try and make it up next year. The SoCal crew keeps growing every year and YOU ALL will help to continue that tradition.

Though I have retired from being the organizer of future EOS meets, I will still be around to support the new crew in continuing to make this a premier West Coast Lexus Event.

Well the year isn't over yet.

So all I can say now is VEGAS . . . VEGAS . . . VEGAS !
Old 09-26-06, 11:08 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Yeah, getting up for work today SUCKED. And for all my Mach1 compadres, enjoy the new sig...

Javier

Love the Sig. Remember what we have talked about.....LSU MotorSports haha

Terrance
Old 09-26-06, 12:44 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first convoy and I have to say, it was a blast! Sorry I couldn't make it to dinner and for the trip back with you guys but the drive up was fun. 6 hours flew by with the constant chattering on the walkie talkies.

Special thanks to Ryan for organizing the caravan, although he was VERY fashionably late. Ahem.
Old 09-26-06, 02:09 PM
J1282
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eventhough I dont own a Lexus or know any of you guys/girls. It was awesome to see the convoy on friday on the 5 north. Hopefully some of you may have seen me, I believe I passed the convoy somewhere around the Bakersfield area, I was in a black 7th Gen Accord lowered with Aero kit & mesh rims. When I came behind the first group of cars which were a few GS with rims and some IS I thought it may be a caravan going from So Cal to Nor Cal for a meet, I told my gf and she thought I was crazy. Few minutes later I catched up with the bigger group and saw a line of beatiful IS250/350, right away I knew it was from Club Lexus cuz I saw a sticker on a IS 300. All i gotta say is . That made my 4 hr trip from LA to SJ a lot better. I even posted the sighting on V6P.net.
Old 09-26-06, 02:22 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by J1282
Eventhough I dont own a Lexus or know any of you guys/girls. It was awesome to see the convoy on friday on the 5 north. Hopefully some of you may have seen me, I believe I passed the convoy somewhere around the Bakersfield area, I was in a black 7th Gen Accord lowered with Aero kit & mesh rims. When I came behind the first group of cars which were a few GS with rims and some IS I thought it may be a caravan going from So Cal to Nor Cal for a meet, I told my gf and she thought I was crazy. Few minutes later I catched up with the bigger group and saw a line of beatiful IS250/350, right away I knew it was from Club Lexus cuz I saw a sticker on a IS 300. All i gotta say is . That made my 4 hr trip from LA to SJ a lot better. I even posted the sighting on V6P.net.
I didn't drive but I was riding. Were you the one with the car slammed with no gap?
Old 09-26-06, 02:31 PM
J1282
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexAristo
I didn't drive but I was riding. Were you the one with the car slammed with no gap?
Yes Sir! Slammed on Tein SS coilvers.
Old 09-26-06, 02:45 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Yes Sir! Slammed on Tein SS coilvers.
I remember seeing you, nice car.. It's all about tein coilovers!
Old 09-26-06, 03:14 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome!!! Yeah I saw you drive by. CLEAN Accord!!

Off-topic, I wonder if we'll see that Blue 350Z posting somewhere? I checked the 350Z Forums, and there is no post about a 20+ Lexus gang bang on him yet.
Old 09-26-06, 05:29 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a small world. I saw your car drive by and I thought to myself..."wow, I truly miss my old car!!" I had a '03 Graphite Pearl V6 coupe like yours. Aerokit, Volks, Tein SS-P's, lip spoiler, etc. I was also an OG member on V6P too but I stopped posting on there a long, long time ago. If you wanna look me up, my handle on there is 7thgenAV6.

Gotta say, your car is hawt! Reminds me of my former beauty.

Good seeing ya on the road!
Old 09-26-06, 05:50 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
What a small world. I saw your car drive by and I thought to myself..."wow, I truly miss my old car!!" I had a '03 Graphite Pearl V6 coupe like yours. Aerokit, Volks, Tein SS-P's, lip spoiler, etc. I was also an OG member on V6P too but I stopped posting on there a long, long time ago. If you wanna look me up, my handle on there is 7thgenAV6.

So Kari, didja fix the A/C issue? How was the drive home in defroster mode if not fixed?

Last edited by pocky; 09-26-06 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-26-06, 05:57 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

My first convoy and I have to say, it was a blast! Sorry I couldn't make it to dinner and for the trip back with you guys but the drive up was fun. 6 hours flew by with the constant chattering on the walkie talkies.

Special thanks to Ryan for organizing the caravan, although he was VERY fashionably late. Ahem.
Ah I was wondering where you disappeared to! I was hoping to talk to you more, it's always nice to get more female Lexus owners out to meets.
Old 09-26-06, 06:17 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

Exclamation

Originally Posted by irv_usc
great trip guys. after 5 years we finally made it to one.

WOOO HOO!!!

No Kidding eh Irv,.................FINALLY!!!!

Really had fun hanging with you guys & the ride home was for some reason MUCH faster & exciting than i thought it would be..

I was SURE i would be half baked & falling asleep by the grapevine...

you missed it Liz! next time girrrrlll!!

JAvy
that was a freakin' blast..... when i saw you hit it after Mr Z... i decided Screw thsi It's ON! hahah What the hell....lets see what this little Raptor V can do..... that was the 1st major " Stress" test on this kit and this SC specifically. I was MORE than impressed..... at an indicated 135 mph, I was at about 5600rpm & teh SC was Whistling like the devils own Compressor on steroids & crack (Inside, the car sounded like a freakign JET plane i swear!!) the car was STILL accelerating solidly untill i decided i was going to have to CHUMP the Z hard & cut over in front of him as traffic was coming up FAST... i started to slide over the line & & right then he lifted & hit the brakes so I did too.......

& i can't wait untill the next time i hope to see Another 350Z & really lay a hardcore medieval beatdown on THAT one ,.... BUT.. . One of yall better get boost so you can KEEP UP & get it all on FILM this time ...!!!

Tommy W/the Silver GS.....Love that car man Just looks awesoem .. .Tommy2 witheth Blitz wheels I droll over those wheels man Good to meet you

AZ doods.. .Thanks for the Long Distance Roll out you guys are awesome... next time i hope to be able to offer you a place to stay & some LA hospitality Vs a Hotel!!!

Ryan thanks again for your help in coordination Every one was cool & it was great to meet so many of you guys i had not had a chance t o meet before..

Lizabeth my dear.. .Great to see you again (we gotta stop letting a whole YEAR go between these meetings haha!) Good luck & ongoing succcess with Club lexus/Vendors etc... We must have a drink soon down here in our hood,.... seems like we are the only alkys in the crew hahaha

I'm buying

Of course... i packed 3 cameras, 2 vid. & one Digital & took virtually NO photos really & only have Video of the convoy up...but as soon as i can figure all that out i will start editing it & playing with it to try to combine it all into a nice little convoy movie....

Last edited by edgy; 09-26-06 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-26-06, 07:45 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dan_K
Glad you guys made it back okay. Here's a little something before you all left. I'll post them on the gallery later.

Dan
Dan - I got some great photos of that sick SC .. um, sorry ... SOARER! I'll post them up later.
Old 09-26-06, 07:56 PM
J1282
Driver School Candidate

I remeber you! You were the one who got sponsored by Tein with the first set of SSP coilovers. Your car was hot, but then you left for some for reason. Your car and A4 looked identical. Nice to see your in a Lexus now.
Old 09-26-06, 08:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow, j1282, it's cool that you caught the convoy and found us here what a small world!

and from what you guys are talking about, seems like you all had fun!

Quick Reply: EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts