CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 11:32 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LOTC
Man sorry guys missed out on this years trip up there, sounded like fun and alot of new faces....too bad I couldnt make it.

Looks like the development in that lot where the hotel is located is getting bigger every year. Well maybe next year guys.
believe me, it's much more than just a "town" now
Old 09-28-06, 11:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Here's another "Mach1" picture... For those of you that didn't come on the convoy, last night on the way back we "encountered" a blue 350Z who decided he was fast enough to join our convoy. He was peaceful for a while, but then decided he wanted to extol the virtues of his car... After discussing it very briefly on the radios, we then took quick action, and a group of 5 or 6 of us decided to show him exactly what he was messing with. The 350Z floors it, and about 10 seconds later I did the same, followed by a couple more from our convoy. We caught up to him (while he was at WOT, by the way) in a matter of seconds - probably 10. I pulled next to him, then floored it again to let him feel the power up close and personal. I backed off and let the others do the same thing. The icing on the cake was Ed (edgy) came and finished the job with his supercharged IS300. LOTS of fun, and when flipside909 and the rest of the crew caught up with us at the gas station, he already had us labeled - the Mach1 crew... After we got back on the road, we again encountered the 350Z, and all of us rolled down our windows and give him a . We then decided to commemorate the occasion by marking the kill on my car...

Javier

I LOVE IT!!!!

Old 09-29-06, 04:26 PM
xaden
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone happen to see a very dirty Tungsten Pearl 250AWD pass by the convoy? It was late Sunday night on the 5, and it had a UCLA Alumni plate frame. Well that was me I just wanted to say that it was a pretty pleasant sight to see so many ISs. Thanks for the few exciting minutes!
Old 09-29-06, 04:56 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xaden
Did anyone happen to see a very dirty Tungsten Pearl 250AWD pass by the convoy? It was late Sunday night on the 5, and it had a UCLA Alumni plate frame. Well that was me I just wanted to say that it was a pretty pleasant sight to see so many ISs. Thanks for the few exciting minutes!
Yeah! Saw you pass by us that night when we were going home!

Should have stuck around man!!
Old 09-29-06, 07:28 PM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, we saw you... We were trying to figure out if you were part of the convoy or not. HAHA
Old 09-29-06, 07:58 PM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some of the pics I took.

Idea Guy!!!

Last edited by pinoychris; 09-29-06 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-29-06, 08:05 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sweet gif!!!
Old 09-29-06, 11:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by J1282
Eventhough I dont own a Lexus or know any of you guys/girls. It was awesome to see the convoy on friday on the 5 north. Hopefully some of you may have seen me, I believe I passed the convoy somewhere around the Bakersfield area, I was in a black 7th Gen Accord lowered with Aero kit & mesh rims. When I came behind the first group of cars which were a few GS with rims and some IS I thought it may be a caravan going from So Cal to Nor Cal for a meet, I told my gf and she thought I was crazy. Few minutes later I catched up with the bigger group and saw a line of beatiful IS250/350, right away I knew it was from Club Lexus cuz I saw a sticker on a IS 300. All i gotta say is . That made my 4 hr trip from LA to SJ a lot better. I even posted the sighting on V6P.net.
I was the leader of the pack and I did see your car. We were already going 80+ just to pass up a truck..I believe the group you were following was 90+? Very clean 7th Gen. It looked great as you passed us by on the left.
Old 09-29-06, 11:46 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by dmjay
thank you for gang-banging me on the 5. as you can tell i was the blue Z. I would like to say thank you to the gs430/350 for the run. You got me sold on the gs. As you can see....ill be getting a gs by the end of the year, thus thats why i was stock. If only you caught me with my TN ST last month....things would be a different story haha. but i like to say beautiful cars. You made my boring drive fun and ill be seeing you once i get ahold of my blk/blk gs.

Well anyways im getting a gs so you better get used to me. :]

o yea no hard feelings on whoever i sprayed...thats was my car crying after i got 2 thumbs down.
Hehe welcome to CL. I was the one who made the call on the radio to give the thumbs down hehe. I got to admit, you kept us awake after a long Sunday! Glad you all made it back in one piece. For a time, I was worried about CHP up ahead at the weigh station just before the Grapevine climb. Hope you can join us on our yearly journey to NorCal in the near future. I guess you can call this incident an initiation to our family! hehe j/k.
Old 09-29-06, 11:52 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

We saw you too!
Old 09-30-06, 12:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Okay...now it's my turn to add my thoughts from the convoy. I actually haven't been home since the night we returned from NorCal. I have been away all week on business in Orange County without any internet access. Now I have tons of photos to sort through and will post up a short blurb on the front page shortly.

I believe this year we can claim we have had the largest long distance SoCal to NorCal convoy to date, 18 Lexus cars. The trip up to NorCal yielded 320 miles for all of us that met at our first meeting point up to our terminus in San Jose. The trip home we did lose a few guys but we had a healthy 15 Lexus going home to LA Sunday right after EOS.

The trip home was obviously the most interesting including a stop at the famous Harris Ranch Restaurant. Although we were all tired out from the weekend events from NorCal...I got to admit I enjoyed every single minute of it, even if I only got about a total of 6.5 hours of sleep the whole entire weekend. It was all worth it. Thank you to everyone who came this year and I am proud to represent CL in a big and memorable way by traveling long distances with a great group of folks. I guess you can call me a CL old timer, but it has been a while since I have felt this excited over a CL gathering. Special props goes out to our new friends Zach and Clifford all the way from Arizona. I will have to catch up with you guys shortly!

More to come....photos, write ups....and etc.
Old 09-30-06, 12:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hehe welcome to CL. I was the one who made the call on the radio to give the thumbs down hehe. I got to admit, you kept us awake after a long Sunday! Glad you all made it back in one piece. For a time, I was worried about CHP up ahead at the weigh station just before the Grapevine climb. Hope you can join us on our yearly journey to NorCal in the near future. I guess you can call this incident an initiation to our family! hehe j/k.
hahahaa, i am pretty surprised you guys didn't get much attention
Old 09-30-06, 12:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by rominl
hahahaa, i am pretty surprised you guys didn't get much attention
I'm pretty sure we did by the others on the road. I mean seeing all those HIDs chasing after the 350z going 130+mph...and for us slowpokes in the back trying to catch up going a measily 100mph. It was tough!
Old 09-30-06, 05:51 PM
Hi im SHON
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J1282
offtopic: Is there a member on CL with either an graphite color IS250/350 turbo charged with a cf hood? I see this car parked in front of Luxury Motorsports in Monrovia, CA. I see this car daily but just a few weeks ago I noticed the FMIC.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=305100

member "ddquach"
Old 09-30-06, 05:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by flipside909
I'm pretty sure we did by the others on the road. I mean seeing all those HIDs chasing after the 350z going 130+mph...and for us slowpokes in the back trying to catch up going a measily 100mph. It was tough!
hahahhahaa, that sounds like a lot of fun ryan maybe it's a good thing ritsa wasn't with you guys, she would be so behind

Quick Reply: EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts