CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 06:18 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you guys had a blast with the convoy. Still bummed that my car wasnt ready for EOS
Old 09-30-06, 08:55 PM
dmjay
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hehe welcome to CL. I was the one who made the call on the radio to give the thumbs down hehe. I got to admit, you kept us awake after a long Sunday! Glad you all made it back in one piece. For a time, I was worried about CHP up ahead at the weigh station just before the Grapevine climb. Hope you can join us on our yearly journey to NorCal in the near future. I guess you can call this incident an initiation to our family! hehe j/k.
no doubt. Ill be around the forums once i get my gs. Also I have family up north. so next years carawan should be fun.
Old 09-30-06, 11:40 PM
jaja
Pole Position

Damn... I wish I could've joined you guys.... if I can ever steal the GS from my wife and kid

Nice pics guys. Anyone get caught by the CHP? Hope not.

Tommy - I like the blue pin striping..
Old 10-02-06, 01:34 PM
TCM080903
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jaja
Damn... I wish I could've joined you guys.... if I can ever steal the GS from my wife and kid

Nice pics guys. Anyone get caught by the CHP? Hope not.

Tommy - I like the blue pin striping..
hey neighbor! i never see you drive the GS, so i take it your wife drives it full-time?

nope, no one got stopped by the CHP. thank goodness for radar detectors!

btw, tommy, i never responded to you, but yes, i do live in torrance.
Old 10-02-06, 09:30 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Looking Forward to Next Time!!!!The Next Dance!!

Geez, you guys had way too much fun!!! Makes me wanna fly down and drive up with ya'll next year, if we can get all the work for EOS v6 done ahead of schedule. Glad you all made it home safe. I know how you feel about having to get up for work the following week. Seems like I'm just recovering from it just now too. Thank you ALL for driving up and making EOS V the success that it is. Props to Cliffud and Zach for driving so far just to be with us that day. You guys have to drag more of your AZ peeps with you next year. You Guys ROCK!!
dmjay, thanks for being such a good sport. On behalf of my SoCal peeps. I have to say it was an honor gang banging you on I5. Wouldn't it have been a little more interesting if you were still boosted. Consider yourself part of the CL family and looking forward to seeing you and your new GS at EOS v6 next year.
Mikal, Too bad you could not make it this year. Looking forward to seeing your car at the next EOS or BOS.
Ken, It was not the same without your beast at EOS this year. My 9 year old son was asking about all the A/V equiptment in your car. He knows you parted it out and remembers how you won best audio/video at the LMS meet a year ago.

-Will

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 10-07-06 at 11:20 PM.
Old 10-02-06, 10:38 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Geez, you guys had way too much fun!!! Makes me wanna fly down and drive up with ya'll next year
I will have to encourage this action.
Old 10-02-06, 10:44 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey Will, you can drive my car - about halfway up I wanted to doze off, but the radio kept it lively and interesting

Javier
Old 10-04-06, 09:28 AM
dmjay
Rookie

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Geez, you guys had way too much fun!!! Makes me wanna fly down and drive up with ya'll next year, if we can get all the work for EOS v6 done ahead of schedule. Glad you all made it home safe. I know how you feel about having to get up for work the following week. Seems like I'm just recovering from it just now too. Thank you ALL for driving up and making EOS V the success that it is. Props to Cliffud and Zach for driving so far just to be with us that day. You guys have to drag more of your AZ peeps with you next year. You Guys ROCK!!
dmjay, thanks for being such a good sport. On behalf of my SoCal peeps. I have to say it was an honor gang banging you on I5. Wouldn't it have been a little more interesting if you were still boosted. Consider yourself part of the CL family and looking forward to seeing you and your new GS at EOS v6 next year.
Mikal, Too bad you could not make it this year. Looking forward to seeing your car at the next EOS or BOS.
Ken, It was not the same without your beast at EOS this year. My 9 year old son was asking about all the A/V equiptment in your car. He knows you parted it out and remembers how you won best audio/video at the LMS meet two years ago.

-Will
I cant wait to pick up my GS. Which will most likely be next year. Good things come better when one waits. All i want to do is chill in traffic without having to drive stick. One of the main reasons why im selling the Z. When I was up north driving a Z was fine in traffic, but in LA..it just pisses me off lol. And thank you again for the invite to EOS and soon to be part of the CL family.
Old 10-06-06, 08:34 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

I LOVE this photo from our day trip to SF. SoCal crew ... you know what I'm talking about!

Old 10-06-06, 08:56 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Here are some more from our SF day trip on Saturday ...

This is such a great photo. I am always impressed with how well that cheap Sony camera works.

I just wanted to let you guys know again how much Clifford and I enjoyed the trip out there. It was a blast driving up with you guys and spending time checking out the sights in SF.
Old 10-06-06, 09:03 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

HI GUys,

Sorry I'm lagging with the pics. hehehhe
Old 10-06-06, 09:11 AM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

Hey Ryan - I thought that place was called Cliff House?

Some tour guide you are!

Clifford bought it while we were there!
Old 10-06-06, 09:15 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow very nice stuff there zach. it's so cool to see pics from you guys not just about the meet, but about your trip

thank god you got enough memory in the camera for all the pics
Old 10-06-06, 10:09 AM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR

Some tour guide you are!

Hey you guys were like a few blocks from where I work. Cliffhouse has a nice view, but the food is overrated. I have a better view from the cafeteria at work. Did Ryan bring you guys down to Beach Chalet to try the beers there? Its a micro brewery.
Old 10-06-06, 07:20 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GRAINR

Some tour guide you are!

LMAO...nice photo shop job there Zach hahahaa.

Quick Reply: EOS V SoCal to Norcal Convoy Afterthoughts