CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Fine dining (SoCal) - for the ballers/players...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-07, 09:01 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

put all ur requests into trash rite now....this is the bombest **** ever

Guachos Village
GLENDALE, CA!
on brand ave. right across from 24-hour sport center, cant miss it.

ALl you can eat brazilian retaurant.

Lunch: 14.95 a person
fri.sat.+sun. -30 dollar a person...dancing live band, HOT brazilian girls dancing for u. unlimited buffet of rice beans salads special dinner plates that are brazilian. and then u have the meat boys. at dinner around 10 guys come around with 1 of there 15 differnet types of meat. all u do is turn ur marker to green on ur table and they will head on to you and tell u the kind of meat and give u a piece the more u ask the more they give. this is def. a anti-vegetarian place
PM ME FOR MORE INFO THIS PLACE WAS THE BOMB WHEN I HAD IT!!!!! was so good unbeliavable the meat there.........pork, braz. sausage, top sirloin, garlic chicken, spicy chicken, plish sauage, i cant even remember the others.....
Old 02-14-07, 09:14 PM
white12ice
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyboi
If you're in Costa Mesa, I would try a French restaurant called Troquet. It's located inside the South Coast Plaza Mall (3rd level).
Uh sorry to let you know crazyboi, Troquet had shut down for 3 months now. It was alright. I use to go there for lunch all the time. Tim and Liza Goodell owns a few other restaurants in L.A. They used to have a Kobe Beef burger that was very good. It was about $25 for the burger.

Happy Eating...
Old 02-14-07, 09:19 PM
white12ice
Rookie

The sister station to Anjin is called Turahashi. The wait over there is not that long as to Anjin's. It is the same quality. They get the meat from the same place and the old chef from Anjin left and went to Turahasi. Why I know about this is because I have clients who knows the owner.
Old 02-14-07, 09:44 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i've always thought that spago in beverely hills is an excellent restaurant and you might actually see wolfgang puck there.
Old 02-14-07, 10:36 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

Anyone been to Fogo de Chao, on La Cienega in BH? I've been once or twice, and its pretty damn good, but its fixed price and not cheap. Its a chain, yea, but they've got an interesting concept.

From the website:

Operating under the unique service concept of espeto corrido, which translates from Portuguese as "continuous service," Fogo de Chão satisfies palates and the desire for something original. Instead of ordering from a traditional menu, Fogo de Chão offers a prix-fixe system where guests can sample the entire menu, or just focus on their favorite items.

The lunch and dinner menu features unlimited servings of 15 different delectable cuts of fire-roasted meats, a sumptuous buffet of gourmet salads and fresh-cut vegetables, and a variety of Brazilian side dishes.

Each guest uses a two-sided disk to control the pace of their meal. The green side signals the Gaucho chefs to bring out skewers of sizzling fire-roasted meats to carve at the table. The red side indicates a stopping point. Turning back to green lets the Gaucho chefs know to start offering the meats again.

The traditional side dishes of warm cheese bread, fried bananas, crispy hot polenta and seasoned mashed potatoes are automatically brought to each table and replenished throughout the meal. The restaurant's award-winning wine list, traditional Brazilian beverages, and a variety of decadent desserts complement the experience.
Old 02-14-07, 10:47 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i like greenfields in long beach. seems like fogo de chao and cheaper too.
Old 02-15-07, 12:39 AM
word up
Driver School Candidate

Greenfield in Long Beach is good. But their cooking isnt consistant, some skewers have rare meat, some have well done....top sirloin is my fav there. Havent been to Fogo de Chao yet though.

Went to Dakota Steakhouse in hollywood last night. Everything about the restaurant was good...atmosphere, decor, service and the food. Every plate had something that complemented the main item (crab cakes went well with the accompanied vegies). Pricy ($8 voxx water) but very nice. I got the kobe flat iron steak and my girlfriend got the petite fillet and i perfered her fillet but the server did recommend a sauce (about 8 to choose from) that went very well with her steak.
Old 02-15-07, 02:02 PM
rsa supra
Pole Position

I went to a new steakhouse in Tustin called Seven's. I had the Kobie Ribeye, it was pretty metiocre as was everything else there. The mojito's were very good though.
Old 02-15-07, 05:31 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
In Costa Mesa between the Performing Arts Center and South Coast Plaza.

Great slabs of meat from New Zealand farms, and the best New Zealand wine list that I have ever seen in California. Highly recommended!

Here is their website...

I suggest getting the Rack of Lamb ($42) or the Venison Chops ($48). Well worth it, especially with a glass of Pinotage. MMMM!!!
+1 wife and i go there often
Old 02-15-07, 06:26 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

I haven't yet seen the best all you can eat brunch I've had since I was able to afford a supersized meal at mcdonalds. The place Pacific Palms in the city of industry, the restaurant Cima. Their brunch is hands down one of the best around. From prime rib to lobster tails to the occasional fresh coconut with a straw right through it (they will literally take a fresh coconut and drill a whole in it). Then after you eat a pretty hefty meal you could burn off some calories at their two story driving range, or play on a well rated golf course. Reservations are a must, and cost per person I think is $50.
Try it, let's see if you'll enjoy it as well.
Old 02-18-07, 07:31 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no san diego spots, well my favorite so far is hotel del. i been to some other places, but i still rather go to hotel del for a nice dinner.
Old 02-20-07, 09:24 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! These all seem to be very nice restaurants with quite large prices! But I definitely gotta try some of these for special occassions. What do you all do for a living...win the lottery every other week? hahaha
Old 02-21-07, 09:31 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
no san diego spots, well my favorite so far is hotel del. i been to some other places, but i still rather go to hotel del for a nice dinner.
you gotta be kidding me. Donovan's is AWESOME.
Old 02-21-07, 09:56 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Turners sounds good.

I love a good cut of venison cooked over an open flame pit. Any other other menu suggestions?
Old 02-22-07, 08:07 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
you gotta be kidding me. Donovan's is AWESOME.
why would i kid you i have not tryed that place yet; maybe next time i feel like trying something new i will go there. althought, i am not a big fan for la jolla spots because of parking. i hate going to new places and end up not liking the food. i recently tryed george's on 5th that's all i will say.

Last edited by GS FONZy; 02-24-07 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Fine dining (SoCal) - for the ballers/players...