CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got a ticket =/

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-06, 12:25 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, you can request county seat or out of county if you live somewhere else far, anyways, you should always request county seat, sign you name and print request county seat on the ticket. the cop most likely will not appear somewhere far.
Old 12-16-06, 12:53 AM
SoCal_VIP
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got busted doing 115mph on the 73 toll road going through Laguna area. At th e time I had 5 points on my record. The cop was super cool and wrote on the ticket 99mph. Went to court and got traffic school and it never went on my record.

Good luck!
Old 12-18-06, 10:20 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Originally Posted by SC4Hundred
yes, you can request county seat or out of county if you live somewhere else far, anyways, you should always request county seat, sign you name and print request county seat on the ticket. the cop most likely will not appear somewhere far.
ok so you get a ticket outside your county. when the cop comes back and ask you to sign the ticket you say,
"Officer I would like to request a county seat?" and sign your name at the bottom and print county seat next to your name or what?" help the community out on this procedure
Old 12-21-06, 12:49 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

The last time I want did that by telling the officer, he grab the ticket from me and won't let me sign I thought he was a jerk. Therefore, I think you should just print it right across the ticket and sign your name without his attention because he does not want to go to the county court either. Normally, you would go to the local court and the cop most likely will show because he has multiple tickets there and he can go on his off days and make OT, etc. In the local court the judge knows the cops pretty well and won't embarass the cop in front of the public, and their kids probably goes to the same school, so chances of you wining is minor unless he did not show, that's beside the point lol. In LA county I think there are 4 county courts, LA downtown, northridge, long beach, probably one more... the cop usually won't go for just your ticket, therefore you increase your chance of having the ticket drop. The cops should have better things to do anyways like solving crimes, catching criminals etc. In my opinion they write too many tickets for profit.
Old 12-21-06, 12:53 AM
SC4Hundred
Lead Lap

If you are outside of your county you can request to have the case hear in your county, even if you are in your county, you can request court in your local area. Just make sure you don't want to go to the one they wanted to go. Does it make any sense?
Old 12-21-06, 08:57 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Go to court though, your fine will be reduced.
Old 12-21-06, 02:18 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

alright so you guys got that. If your out of County or away from your house and get a ticket and you feel you are truley innocent. request your hearing near you by writing request for county seat. on your ticket.