CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Problems @ Lexus of Cerritos...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-07, 03:26 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 191 Likes on 148 Posts
Talking Problems @ Lexus of Cerritos...

We bought a LS460 there a month ago. They were pretty nice while they were making a $8k profit on the car, but once the paper was signed, they acted like i was a 2 year old.

The problem I am having is getting my original deposit back. I put down $1k to "hold" the car. I was promised that the deposit will be refunded the same week I bought the car. I've been talking to Adam/Gina who were the salesman for 2 weeks and they are giving me the run around and kept on blaming "the girl upstairs." I spoke to Sam Choe, their manager, last week and he promised he'll have a check for me by today. All three are ignoring my calls today..

So I am not sure how to handle this issue. Adam assured us that we'll get our money back. Well he also said he'll mail us key chains and what not, but we still haven't seen those yet. I thought Shelly BMW had a bad after service, but Cerritos takes the cake..
Old 01-10-07, 03:37 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes! Cerritos Does Take The Cake!..* That Sucks Dude!..*
Old 01-10-07, 03:43 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

If you dont live to far from Cerritos go there personally and don't leave until they hand you a check.

Let us know how things work out.
Old 01-10-07, 03:48 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Left a message with the salesman and the G.M. I wonder if the G.M. will return my calls.. checked edmunds.com found out i am not the only person having problems getting the deposit back.. i don't get it.. i already bought the car and the $1k is the extra $$$.. y can't they just give it back?
Old 01-10-07, 03:53 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
If you dont live to far from Cerritos go there personally and don't leave until they hand you a check.

Let us know how things work out.
yea.. i live about 45 minutes there.. not worth the drive...
Old 01-10-07, 03:58 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious? How come they did not apply the deposit towards your purchase price???
Old 01-10-07, 04:06 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
Just curious? How come they did not apply the deposit towards your purchase price???
i told them not to..i wanted a clean paper work.. one down payment and one amount to be financed..
Old 01-10-07, 04:21 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cerritos...Cerritos....Crooks if you ask me. It took FOREVER just to get my little $500 deposit back from that dealership.
Old 01-10-07, 04:28 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

If you paid with credit card, refund is within 2 days. If you paid with check, it's up to 2 weeks. They first have to verify records that you paid. Atrer that they print check but need 2 signatures, which sometimes causes a delay if the owner/GM isn't in office or out of town.

In any case it doesn't take a month. I think there might be a California law on that but I'm not quite sure?

Are they mailing it or are you picking it up?

**Ok I just read you said "its not worth the drive", I think it is worth the drive. So fire off a email to the GM, GSM, business manager, sales manager, AND sales person (cc everyone) asking for the check to be ready by Friday and check left with the sales manager on duty this weekend. And then GO PICK IT UP Sat or Sun. Don't wait for snail mail because that will give Cerritos more time to drag their feet. Tell them if the check is NOT ready by this weekend you will score a 0 on your customer satisfaction survey. Good luck.

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 01-10-07 at 04:43 PM.
Old 01-10-07, 05:42 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Liz, is it true, I heard that the sales get extra cash bonus from the dealer, if client returns a "positive feedback" customer satisfaction survey?
Old 01-10-07, 06:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

$1000 not worth it for the 45 minute drive? I think it is! Lets have a Lexus mafia go over there and give them a bad rep
Old 01-10-07, 07:00 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I live 5 minutes from Lexus Cerritos and I still went out of my way to NOT get my car there. They treated me like a 2 year old too. I wonder what ranking they get from their Sales and service staff compared to others. Just when you think Longo was bad... Cerritos is THE worst place to buy your Lexus. Note : The ONLY person that was remotely helpful to me when I was looking for my car was the internet fleet manager... too bad their on floor sales staff and the manager at the time wasted my time.

For 1k, I would drive down there, demand my check, file a complain with the better business bureau, and also notify Lexus Corporate.
Old 01-10-07, 08:24 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

longo wasnt too bad to buy from, its their service dept. that sucks donkey ****s
Old 01-10-07, 08:25 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by JAYS-GS
Liz, is it true, I heard that the sales get extra cash bonus from the dealer, if client returns a "positive feedback" customer satisfaction survey?
Yes it's true the salesperson gets bonus on a monthly basis for a high scrore. For the dealer it affects their "Elite of Lexus" status.

Scoring a complete 0 would hurt them substationally.

On the flip side, I got my car from Glendale and they took good care of me so I will make sure to give 100% on my survey.
Old 01-10-07, 08:33 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

for a small, nominal fee, i can provide my "dispute resolution" services.

j/k.

in my book lexus of cerritos ranks right up - or shall i say, "down" - there with longo lexus, as far as the sales and customer service satisfaction category. they are the reasons why my car-shopping took me elsewhere much farther and less convenient.

if you have the $1k deposit refund in writing, and they have refused to give it to you in a timely manner (a week after you bought your car, per the salesperson's promise), take them to small claims (5k limit per case). but if it's a verbal agreement (read: nothing put in writing), you are as good (bad) as SOL...

Quick Reply: Problems @ Lexus of Cerritos...