CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Traffic Violation Fines As Of January 1, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 02:21 PM
qlex56
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to drive in the slow lane.
Old 01-23-07, 03:14 PM
acl15
Lead Lap

I remember watcing leno that one night where he mentioned that the cell phone law wouldnt be enforced till june of 2008. the law has passed but there is a 1.5 year period so that people can hear about it and learn it before they get jacked by it. the joke went along the lines of americans are so dumb it takes 1.5 years to understand the simple law.
Old 01-23-07, 05:19 PM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Another new law for 2007 is that your car has to have insurance on it or your registration will be suspended. I bought my car a few months ago and its been in the shop since then so I did not bother to insure it yet. The other day I get this letter from the DMV that I have to send proof of insurance to them or else they will suspend my vehicle registration. For those who just have a vehicle that is not driven, you have to file for non-operating registration so that they don't suspend your registration. Just a heads up for everyone.
Old 01-23-07, 06:56 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

What a bunch of con cac laws, but its cali so what do you expect. Driving your car is a crime itself.
Old 01-23-07, 07:12 PM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300max
Another new law for 2007 is that your car has to have insurance on it or your registration will be suspended. I bought my car a few months ago and its been in the shop since then so I did not bother to insure it yet. The other day I get this letter from the DMV that I have to send proof of insurance to them or else they will suspend my vehicle registration. For those who just have a vehicle that is not driven, you have to file for non-operating registration so that they don't suspend your registration. Just a heads up for everyone.
My home state of Florida has had that rule for about 20 years now (we used to have a terrible time with uninsured drivers). Still, even though my vehicle has not set foot in Florida in over 3 years, I have to keep up my insurance on it in Mexico, and it is mandatory (for foreigners) to have Mexican insurance, even though 85% of the population does not carry it down here anyway.
Old 01-23-07, 07:28 PM
Jay
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by emoshun
Time to switch to "old lady" driving mode...
Yup.. Time for me to sell my turbo GS and granny's Buick here I come !!

One expensive car pool fine !! Good God !!
Old 01-23-07, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by r6z9r
most cops i have talked to say they usually won't pull people over unless they were going 10+ mph over and will always give a ticket for those going 15+ mph over. Of course this all depends on environment ie. school zone and such.
when i was in traffic school the instructor said the main reason is fine cut off is every 15mph. so 15mph is a jump in fines, and then at 30mph is another jump
Old 01-23-07, 09:06 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

This must be a joke. One G for the damn carpool lane.
Old 01-23-07, 09:20 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lexmex
Glad I'm in Mexico...where laws above exist, but are rarely enforced and when they are, only because the police officer needs to supplement their salary.
In that case, I'm glad I don't live in Mexico
Old 01-23-07, 09:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Zeus
i think that is probably a good thing when i am stuck in traffic bad and see all the idiots going in and out of car pool (eve when there is double yellow), all with just the driver
Old 01-23-07, 11:32 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i usually drive by myself on the freeways. I've almost been hit by idiots who use the carpool lane to pass or to cut in and out whenever they feel like. People who use the carpool lane like that deserve that fine. Ive seen people get into accidents like that.
Old 01-24-07, 06:57 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 164 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramon
In that case, I'm glad I don't live in Mexico
You get the hang of it after a while. One of my father's business colleagues down here made a comment that is amazing for all of the wild stuff on the roads, you don't see too many accidents, BUT when they do occur they can be quite vicious. Keep in mind, a lot fender-benders are settled out of pocket and rarely with insurance.
Old 01-24-07, 09:48 AM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Obviously, they want to keep ppl out of carpool more then they don't want ppl to speed.
Old 01-24-07, 01:29 PM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are people seriously complaining that they're being punished for breaking the law?? You do understand that all you have to do to avoid the fines is obey the law, right?
Old 01-24-07, 01:50 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Leets
Are people seriously complaining that they're being punished for breaking the law?? You do understand that all you have to do to avoid the fines is obey the law, right?
Yes, I'm sure everybody here understands that. It's more of a matter of "does the punishment fit the crime"

Quick Reply: Traffic Violation Fines As Of January 1, 2007