CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Traffic Violation Fines As Of January 1, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-07, 11:23 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Ouch indeed...

Originally Posted by Hudini
As of 1/1/07...in Hawaii....15 mph over the speed limit gets your license suspended for 2 years....OUCH!
That's amazing. It is so easy to go 15 mph over the speed limit, especially in our cars.

I am glad to see the law that Cal cars have to have insurance on it or your registration will be suspended, but I think it is still too easy to register without insurance. I used to live in NY, and you could not register the car in the first place without insurance.

Here in Cal, it's the other way around and too many folks drop the insurance (or never get it) once they have that registration sticker, allowing them to get away with it for another year (unless pulled over for some other violation, which is a gamble millions willingly take).

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 01-24-07 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 11:44 PM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DAMMMM, 4 days ago i got a 50 in a 35 and unsafe lane change ( cop wanted to have my car checked but it didnt work out so he screwed me, CALI SUCKKS)I was actualy going about 45 and there was about 4 car lengts between me and the car in front of me when i changed lanes and i had my blinker on, guess he just had it out for me
Old 01-25-07, 12:10 AM
StockGS400
Pole Position

aww man these new fines suck big donkey
Old 01-25-07, 09:05 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

These fines suck
So...everyyear, it seems that cars are getting faster with more hp...how are they going to get people to obey speed limits any ways.
Times to buy another radar/laser detector
Old 01-26-07, 08:26 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tuan92129
These fines suck
So...everyyear, it seems that cars are getting faster with more hp...how are they going to get people to obey speed limits any ways.
Times to buy another radar/laser detector
Just enjoy the acceleration, not the top speed...
Old 01-26-07, 08:34 AM
Streamline
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PERRYinLA
That's amazing. It is so easy to go 15 mph over the speed limit, especially in our cars.

I am glad to see the law that Cal cars have to have insurance on it or your registration will be suspended, but I think it is still too easy to register without insurance. I used to live in NY, and you could not register the car in the first place without insurance.

Here in Cal, it's the other way around and too many folks drop the insurance (or never get it) once they have that registration sticker, allowing them to get away with it for another year (unless pulled over for some other violation, which is a gamble millions willingly take).
Actually, another new law that took effect recently.
Insurance companies are now required to update the DMV when insurance policies are opened and dropped. And since cops now have the ability to access the DMV database...if you don't have insurance, and are pulled over...your car can be impounded (as you are driving w/o insurance) and your license suspended.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/insurance_suspension.htm

" * As of January 1, 2006, all insurance companies are required to report insurance status information to DMV for all private use vehicles (CVC §16058).
* As of July 1, 2006, law enforcement and court personnel have access to DMV records to verify that your California registered vehicle is currently insured (CVC §16058.1).
* Effective October 1, 2006, your vehicle registration is subject to suspension if the liability insurance is cancelled, OR if your insurance company has not electronically provided evidence of insurance when you purchase and register your vehicle, OR if you provide DMV with false insurance information (CVC §4000.38).
"
Old 01-26-07, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Streamline
Actually, another new law that took effect recently.
Insurance companies are now required to update the DMV when insurance policies are opened and dropped. And since cops now have the ability to access the DMV database...if you don't have insurance, and are pulled over...your car can be impounded (as you are driving w/o insurance) and your license suspended.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/insurance_suspension.htm

" * As of January 1, 2006, all insurance companies are required to report insurance status information to DMV for all private use vehicles (CVC §16058).
* As of July 1, 2006, law enforcement and court personnel have access to DMV records to verify that your California registered vehicle is currently insured (CVC §16058.1).
* Effective October 1, 2006, your vehicle registration is subject to suspension if the liability insurance is cancelled, OR if your insurance company has not electronically provided evidence of insurance when you purchase and register your vehicle, OR if you provide DMV with false insurance information (CVC §4000.38).
"
well it says 2006, does it mean last year?