CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Quick LA Question or 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-07, 10:41 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

motorcycles are allowed to drive between lanes because in the old days motocycles didnt have radiators they were air cooled using those nifty fins so at idle they would over heat and cause a bigger traffic congeston.

F the front license plate its only a 10 dollar ticket just dont be smoking no nugs or have anything illegal u be ok. i can do a burn out at a light and a cop on the opposite side wont know who it is
Old 02-06-07, 07:23 PM
Acinonyx
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info guys....next batch of questions will probably be all opinion (best pizza, burger,etc...)
Old 02-06-07, 07:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Acinonyx
Thanks for the info guys....next batch of questions will probably be all opinion (best pizza, burger,etc...)
Best burger?

Two places in Compton. Yes, Compton. I live in Long Beach but I go to Compton for burgers.

Naka's Broiler on Crenshaw and El Segundo. Naka celebrated 50 years of business, and she still shows up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everything is fresh, especially their lemonade.

B&R Burgers on Rosecrans between Prarie and Crenshaw have the "Royal Burger," which consist of two pounds of ground sirloin, with pastrami and bacon, and all the fixins, for only $6!!! Worth the mild chest pains...
Old 02-07-07, 12:48 AM
Okay
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Acinonyx
Ok...I've been in town (live:Culver City,work:Beverly Center) a little over a month and I've got a question or two if you've got the time.
  • Are there any recommended car washes? Wish I could wash myself, but I'm in an apartment for the next few months
  • Which dealer would you recommend for service or any shops worth considering?
  • Non-Lexus: Is it legal for motorcycles to drive between cars on the freeway?
  • Back to Car washes...are those 'mall' car washes any good?
  • Best non-touristy thing to do on the weekend? (I know, that ones vague)
  • Front license plate? Gamble and leave it off or how much is the fine?
Think thats all for now.
Ohh...big thanks to all that helped in my previous thread where I was looking for a place to live. Culver City is nice. Don't know if I'll buy property here, but it will be good for the next six months or so while I get 'integrated' in socal life.
Cheers
In between Culver city and Santa Monica (on sepulveda) there is an EZ lube that gives free car washes with oil change. They do a really good job. I've done a detail job (wash inside out, and wax) and it was amazing.
Old 02-07-07, 12:53 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Best burger?

Two places in Compton. Yes, Compton. I live in Long Beach but I go to Compton for burgers.

Naka's Broiler on Crenshaw and El Segundo. Naka celebrated 50 years of business, and she still shows up on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Everything is fresh, especially their lemonade.

B&R Burgers on Rosecrans between Prarie and Crenshaw have the "Royal Burger," which consist of two pounds of ground sirloin, with pastrami and bacon, and all the fixins, for only $6!!! Worth the mild chest pains...
sounds good i might have to try that one...when im nearby. a friend of mine says big texas burger in torrance has big burgers.....
Old 02-07-07, 09:40 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Best burger?

compton??? seems more like gardena or hawthorne... anyways, can't go wrong with a double double from in n out!
Old 02-07-07, 09:36 PM
ISblack350
Driver School Candidate

Are there any recommended car washes? Wish I could wash myself, but I'm in an apartment for the next few months - Just keep an eye on them and Tip
Which dealer would you recommend for service or any shops worth considering? - Jim Falk Lexus Beverly Hills
Non-Lexus: Is it legal for motorcycles to drive between cars on the freeway? - Yes
Back to Car washes...are those 'mall' car washes any good?
Best non-touristy thing to do on the weekend? (I know, that ones vague)
Front license plate? Gamble and leave it off or how much is the fine? - Leave On

As for the best Burger - go to Father's Office in Santa Monica. They are always top of the list in the country. The wait sux but worth it!
Old 02-07-07, 11:16 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

And since you're in Culver City, you gotta go to Tito's Tacos. Sepulveda and Washington, baby.
Old 02-07-07, 11:50 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

tito's tacos is good! i like their late night commercials hahah.
Old 02-08-07, 07:53 PM
Acinonyx
Driver School Candidate

Cool...appreciate the local call. I'll try one of the burger shops this weekend. Tried the In & Out when I first arrived in LA.....wasn't impressed, but I must have had a weird experience as everyone else seems to love'm.
I'll hold any new questions for a few days....Thanks!
Old 02-08-07, 08:45 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Oh yea titos taco's are good!!! I have to have them when I'm in the area even if I'm in Santa Monica I'll make the drive off the 405!!!
hey Acinonyx for in n out: if you like grilled onions the pickles ask them to make your burger "animal style", also you can't really enjoy a burger without the yellow chili’s so ask for them as well!!!
Old 02-08-07, 11:31 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont get whats so good about titos tacos. i'd rather go to johnnies pastrami next door. mmm pastrami on rye.
Old 02-09-07, 12:19 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeaaaaaaaaaah, i dont even have a rear license plate. i just have a PLATINUM MOTORSPORTS vanity plate. no ticket so far.!
Old 02-09-07, 03:06 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

what are you ordering at in n out? i've noticed that a regular cheeseburger does not taste the same as a double double. they have the same ingredients but for some reason the double double tastes 100x better.
Old 02-09-07, 11:30 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

oh shoot, i live in culver city.

there's a handy J's car wash on washington blvd, going west towards marina del rey. another pretty good one (besides doing it yourself) is the chevron station full service wash (playa vista chevron?) that's a few blocks from my place (west of the fox hills mall, next to the albertsons on jefferson.

motorcycles can split lanes, but if something happens to you, it's always your fault.

Quick Reply: Quick LA Question or 2