CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Canyon Drive on 2/24 Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07 | 02:34 PM
Mani
Driver

Thumbs up Canyon Drive on 2/24 Saturday

This may be the wrong place to post this. I and few friends are planing on hitting up a canyon in Sun Land on the 24th. Mostly in attendance will be IS/250/350s and some Vipers, 350Z.
If any of you with a IS like to attend this drive below are the details.

When: Saturday Feb 24th

What Time: 6:30 AM

Meet location: Just off the Sunland ave exit in Sunland. The Supermarket parking lot right next to the 210 freeway off of Sunland exit. You can e-mail me at mani.jayasinghe@gmail.com for more info.

How long is the drive: We are going to leave at 7AM and should be done with the drive by 11AM.

What to bring:
Full tank of gas BEFORE the canyon as there are no gas stations and you will run out of gas if you don't have a full tank.
Warm clothes.

We'll most likely grab lunch in the canyon before heading home.

Hope to see some of you there.
Later
MJ.
Old 02-22-07 | 04:39 PM
kruzer21
Driver School Candidate

I live right next to Sunland in B-Town (Burbank) Im always down for things like that. Unfortunately Im working on Saturday so I wont be able to make it, but let me know if you guys have any other meets set up I'll try to make it. Talk to u soon bro, pm and Ill give you my email.

-Art-
Old 02-22-07 | 09:27 PM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Can I bring the LX!!!

lol j/k
Old 02-23-07 | 12:10 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

I'll vouch for Mani on this. He's one of the veteran Toyota enthusiasts out there and always supportive of Toyota/Lexus events.
Old 02-23-07 | 03:33 AM
chubby
Lead Lap

ahhh the annual drive. i remember riding the canyon back in 2003 with a bunch of people. to whomever that's going, you'll have a blast. your passengers may get bored though. i wonder what car mani is bringing out this time
Old 02-23-07 | 10:03 AM
Mani
Driver

Originally Posted by chubby
ahhh the annual drive. i remember riding the canyon back in 2003 with a bunch of people. to whomever that's going, you'll have a blast. your passengers may get bored though. i wonder what car mani is bringing out this time

Good to see some of you guys here who's been on this drive. I stopped doing it after 2003 as it got way out of control with 2-300 cars at a time. I'm sure those of you that went on this drive can remember the drama with cars crashing into each other or the side of the mountain.
The drive now days are much much smaller in size of the group. I've been hitting the canyon with 10-15 cars which is much more manageable.
The route we used to take is closed in the middle of the mountain for winter. But we can still get a 100-150 miles up and down. Being it's the winter you have lot less vehicles on the road and hardly any motorcycles. I'm just hoping for no rain.
I'll be there with my IS and there should be a nice variety of cars. It'll be nice to get some CL members there to hang out and chit chat. The drive isn't too shabby either
Old 02-23-07 | 11:31 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

hey mani, its unfortunate you're not bringing the supe. Im really torn on whether to go to the cars/coffee meet or this drive. Although it seems like it makes more sense to go to a yearly event then a weekly one.

Would you happen to know the amount of supras that are going to show up?