CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My Glendale Lexus experience today

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-07, 01:44 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My Glendale Lexus experience today

OK, in late 2005 I went to Lexus of Glendale for an alignment. Do a search on how that went. No satisfied would be the end result. Service was bad. Alignment was good though.
Today I went again after scheduling online for another alignment. The fact that they have loaners is the primary reason I chose this dealer plus I wanted to give it another go. Had good luck with Lexus of Riverside but no longer live there.
Dropped off car in the morning. RX350 waiting for me. Nice so far. Everyone friendly in service.
Went to showroom to look at a GX470 (looking for something for the wife and new son). Completely ignored. I went back and forth between the RX350 and GS470 at least 10 times comparing the two. Waited for a salesperson. Nothing.
Went to the front desk and asked for some help and also if I could get a tape measure to measure the interior (baby seat you know). "Sure, no problem". Very nice lady.
12-13 minutes later-nothing. I left for work. Have to pay for the new car. If we can get help to buy it.

1 hour later, I receive a call from service informing me that I have a high performance suspension. Hmmm, yes I know that. To add, that an alignment cannot be guaranteed because their alignment machine only works with stock suspensions. Not exactly true but I was not going to argue with him and I knew what he was trying to say. I just asked them to align it as close to spec as they can like the last time. OK, no problem.
I get another call 1 hour later. Cannot make it on the alignment rack. It went up fine the last time is what I explained to him plus my car is now 1inch higher then before. Here? Yes, there. OK, I will talk to the tech. OK.
No call for the rest of the day until I head over around 4pm to pick up the car. Alignment not done! They cannot explain to me how it got aligned before but now cannot get it up on the machine this time-same machine they tell me. Go figure.
I appreciate the fact that they are looking out for my front bumper, but am confused how it worked great before-not now.
But ok, no problem. Go into showroom again. Surely this time around I will get some help. Go to GX again. Curious if I really want those 3rd row seats (nope). Wait around and deliberately look lost. Nothing. 5 guys in an office behind glass look at me from time to time. Nothing. I know I showered in the morning so it could not be that.
I left. Not upset, just thinking how they possibly lost a 56k sale. Even if my wife decides on this vehicle, not from there.
That would be two strikes for me at this dealership. Perhaps I will shop at Thousand Oaks or Oxnard. Maybe I just picked a bad day to go-not busy-raining-only one other couple present. Not sure. But gheesh. Perhaps bad timing on my part.
At least the people were very friendly. Nice to get some smiles in the morning. Nice looking dealership. Convenient, nice showroom, easy access to service.

Rough part is I cleaned/detailed/waxed the car last night. This morning-pouring rain all the way there. I normally do not drive the car in the rain. It handles very well. Just like to keep it clean. All for no reason. I even returned the loaner with more gas then when I picked it up.
That's how I roll like that! Just not rolling in a GX right now.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 02-23-07 at 02:01 AM.
Old 02-23-07, 02:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

umm, not good (specially when it comes from lee). wonder if they will do it right. i am very curious about how they did alignment as well last time...
Old 02-23-07, 03:12 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm...

How unfortunate. I've never been to Glendale Lexus before so I can't comment on my experiences with them.

Good luck in your search though. Are you really looking for a new GX, or were you just curious?
Old 02-23-07, 08:59 AM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everything up in Oxnard is expensive... Especially from the dealers, i wouldn't advise on that... I use to live near G-dale and It's a shame they do this to their customers, Actually my shop is in Pasadena but i think G-dale is the closest Lex dealer, and their service is iffy.
Old 02-23-07, 11:23 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. I know service is under new management and he's made some changes in how they run operations. Shawn Wells, very cool guy, I knew him from my short stint there. He's very particular and detail oriented - which is good.
Personally I never walk into a showroom "blind", I always make contact with sales beforehand as I like to talk on phone to make sure I'm connecting with a person who knows what he's talking about. Nothing worse than ending up with a new guy or with an idiot. lol Give Peter Kong a call, he can quote price and do everything for ya over phone or email to save you time and headache as you seem to be a busy professional. He's pretty good.
Good luck.
Old 02-23-07, 01:05 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Wonder if AsianGirl007 gets some sort of commission for saving Glendale's business so often.. she should get a check for her efforts on this board. It's stories like this that made me leave one dealership, and go to another to spend on a $40k+ car.

I really wonder what the sales people were doing not helping even a potential customer. I'm sure they get a TON of BS interests from people that are just looking... but if one sale bites, that's their pay day for at least that week.

Wish a Lexus or any car sales person can chime in on why this is the case.
Old 02-23-07, 02:06 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks for the support. Yes, I am in a position to purchase now but am also patient. No real hurry at this moment. Would have been a nice impulse buy. That said, I drive by several dealers all day long. Just my time is limited so this would have been a good day to iron out numbers and possible sale. For some reason I was in a generous purchasing mood that morning.
Old 02-23-07, 04:39 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
Wonder if AsianGirl007 gets some sort of commission for saving Glendale's business so often.. she should get a check for her efforts on this board. It's stories like this that made me leave one dealership, and go to another to spend on a $40k+ car.

I really wonder what the sales people were doing not helping even a potential customer. I'm sure they get a TON of BS interests from people that are just looking... but if one sale bites, that's their pay day for at least that week.

Wish a Lexus or any car sales person can chime in on why this is the case.
I'll show them your post and ask for some money.....hahaha.

My buying/service experiences with them have been pleasant thus far and I'm familiar with their day to day operations so I was simply passing along some info. In addition, they are a vendor here and pay to advertise with us so you can log on for free! Let's give them and other vendors a chance to earn your business eh?

Oh and I sold Lexus' for 13 years and I wish selling a $40k + car is as easy as you describe! I've never had anyone walk in, hold out a checkbook, and say "Someone sell me a car". I would have stayed in the car business and I'd be rich if that was the case! lol
Old 02-23-07, 06:02 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Thanks for the support. Yes, I am in a position to purchase now but am also patient. No real hurry at this moment. Would have been a nice impulse buy. That said, I drive by several dealers all day long. Just my time is limited so this would have been a good day to iron out numbers and possible sale. For some reason I was in a generous purchasing mood that morning.
Lee,

Nothing beats the van when you have baby!!!! Trust me, you met my wife and you know how she always want to get out of the van. However, she keep saying that she is in love with that power sliding door and the power rear door!! Recently I had the SC serviced at Keyes and drove back a RX330. We rolled the RX330 with the baby that day and it was a pain in the rear!!. Diaper bag, portable booster seat and stroller.... no other space left!! not to mention the baby seat sits straight up.... anyways, just speaking from what I am experiencing now.
Old 02-23-07, 06:58 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

i wouldnt have the dealer do an alignment. when i had my old car i wanted to do an alignemtn and they would not even touch it, they claimed it was too low and were afraid of messing the suspension up. i say take it to an specialty shop especially if you have something expensive or aftermarket. as for helpful sales people thats happened to me b4, sucks when that happens
Old 02-23-07, 07:05 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

An alignment is only as good as the person performing it, regardless of where it is done. With a dealer, the odds of getting an issue resolved is generally higher vs an independant shop or tire chain with kids running the machines. Same goes for installing tires.
As they did a fine alignment in the past, why waste my time taking a risk elsewhere. Of course, now I have no choice.
Old 02-23-07, 10:17 PM
MarkW2005

Let's look at it this way: You're the customer. You got the money. The dealership wants your money. You're in the driver seat. And if they don't treat you right....or that you're not satisfied with their on the job performance, then stop doing business with them. Just walk away. No friend. No enemy. No hard feelings.

There are half a dozen different dealerships in this region. All of them compete for your business. I'm sure you'll find one that suits your needs
Old 02-24-07, 08:03 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Service: I had my 5k serviced performed there without any problems.

Sales: I've been there a few times to buy parts (service my own car) and when I walked around the showroom to look at the new LS and just to look at what else is in the Lexus family I get no one coming up to me and asking if I need help. I know I'm just looking but most of the dealerships I've been to someone will always greet you or ask if you need help when you come into the showroom. I don't care that no one asked since I was just looking, but what if someone was more then just looking? Like Pearlpower.
Old 02-25-07, 01:49 PM
surftex
Driver School Candidate

As the new Service Director, I would hope that you were treated with respect and professionalism. I have implemented many new policies and procedures to ensure that each of our guests are treated in the manner that they deserve, as a Lexus owner and a Lexus of Glendale guest. Would you please email me at shawnwells@lexusofglendale.com with your name or your VIN so that I could look up your RO?

Yes, I have made the techs more picky on what we are allowed to align. If we have a guest who has spent more money on aftermarket equipment, I want to ensure that we do not, in any way, harm how the guest wants their Lexus to run. As my techs are not trained on aftermarket suspensions, I want them to err on the side of caution. That being said, as the Director, I can make exceptions.

I am going to forward over your comments re: Sales to the GSM, Paris Blohm. The treatment (or lack thereof) that you received in sales is a HUGE no-no. Lexus of Glendale has a 10-foot rule. You should have received more attention than you could handle.

Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions. I am in and out right now (baby on the way!), but I check emails religiously. Ask my wife.

Thank you,
Shawn
Old 02-25-07, 08:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 189 Likes on 147 Posts

big to shawn for taking the time to post feedback here and also to help members out, this is great!

Quick Reply: My Glendale Lexus experience today