CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

So Cal or nationwide CL idea

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-07, 09:36 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
CL of Southern California is the named section for the So Cal "chapter" per se. It's something we can definitely do. I've seen it over the years trying to create a defined entity for the SoCal group. People talk the talk and don't walk the walk. We can definitely expand on the idea and make it solid. LGW NorCal is a prime example.
flipside~(stupid question): what does LGW stand for? If we can do it, then why dont we? Should we create new thread to formally get the ball rolling? I think it'd be best to get a head count of how many So Cal CL'ers actually would put their money where their mouth is, get a design, then see how much it'd cost?
Old 03-24-07, 09:44 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Thanks for the interest guys, we are indeed looking back into offering this type of stuff.

We used to offer them (quality stuff like Cutter & Buck) but very few people ever bought them after lots asked... one reason we're a bit shy on moving forward with them.
Dave, would you happen to have pictures of what the old merchandise look like?

Another thing if t-shirts go through is to have our CL ID on the front so it can worn at the CL meetings Just a thought. Sorry if anyone mentioned this earlier.
Old 03-24-07, 10:16 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
flipside~(stupid question): what does LGW stand for? If we can do it, then why dont we? Should we create new thread to formally get the ball rolling? I think it'd be best to get a head count of how many So Cal CL'ers actually would put their money where their mouth is, get a design, then see how much it'd cost?
LGW (Lexus Gone Wild).

Logo design for the SoCal section is a start. There can be no use of the Lexus "Circle L" or the font type even if it's available on windows as a font style. The Logo and font are actually trademarked by Lexus. We can do it, but everyone always talks about making one and it never happens. I'm happy to work with anyone that is willing to step up and move forward with a design.
Old 03-24-07, 10:33 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

flipside~can we get some pic samples of the NELOC logos and past designs used for the shirts, cups, etc? I have some exp with Corel, Adobe and have some graphic artists friends too.
Old 03-24-07, 10:45 AM
RA40
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 473 Likes on 363 Posts

When I joined, I recall the CL merchandise that was available. Prices were fair given the quality....why I didn't buy at the time...

I'd welcome the opportunity for such apparel be available. In past items, I recollect the generous nature of the organizers to refund so in the end, the club lost out. I'd be interested in a polo style so long as it doesn't reach Tommy Bahamas price levels. $100-$120 is more than my willingness to spend. $30-$60 is seems a modest amount and what I currently buy in polo style shirts.
Old 03-29-07, 09:18 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Bumpity bump.
guys, is this idea gonna die out? no more progress?

Dave~any updates on this idea from within CL upper management? By the way, how's the new CL logo coming along?
Old 03-30-07, 12:56 AM
aaronjz
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im also waiting for this idea.
Old 03-30-07, 01:43 AM
Sc.ab
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I would be interested in stickers and a shirt!

I was bored and I'm not too sure of the status of the other design, and I thought I would have a go at a couple quick thoughts at a logo design. Not what I do normally (generally I do illustration, concept and 3d work) but Its an interesting challenge not being able to use the font or the L. And becuase I like the CL community!

Here are a couple ideas, Let me know what you guys think, Feedback is definitely appreciated!

Ill probably work on a couple other ideas, and if anyone has an idea, I would be more than happy to try to make it.

Old 03-30-07, 07:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Good effort but there's either too much cluttered text or too little to describe.

CL of SoCal or CL of Southern California is a start.
Old 03-30-07, 07:33 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CL of SoCAL IS HOTT!..*
Old 04-02-07, 07:57 PM
SDLexus
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
CL of Southern California is the named section for the So Cal "chapter" per se. It's something we can definitely do. I've seen it over the years trying to create a defined entity for the SoCal group. People talk the talk and don't walk the walk. We can definitely expand on the idea and make it solid. LGW NorCal is a prime example.
I personally wouldn't mind the SoCal group having it's own identity much like LGW. That way whatever logo, name the SoCal group comes up with won't be tied to restrictions set by Club Lexus. Of course adhering to guidelines and respecting copyrights of Lexus corporate will have to still be followed. Taking the name "Club Lexus" out of the SoCal chapter's identity would allow more freedom while still keeping ties with CL.
Old 04-02-07, 11:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by SDLexus
I personally wouldn't mind the SoCal group having it's own identity much like LGW. That way whatever logo, name the SoCal group comes up with won't be tied to restrictions set by Club Lexus. Of course adhering to guidelines and respecting copyrights of Lexus corporate will have to still be followed. Taking the name "Club Lexus" out of the SoCal chapter's identity would allow more freedom while still keeping ties with CL.
Well said. I highly agree.