CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

got a new toy

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-07, 03:34 PM
Allenchang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a new toy

hey,

i saw a pretty good deal on a 04 kawasaki zx-6r with 12,000miles and within my budget of 3,400 bucks and i pulled the trigger...anyway i have a question regarding how i should handle the payment..title transfer..etc...anyone with advice please let me know as im looking it up on the dmv as we speak...also the bike is located pretty far away and i dont really want to ride it that far back to where i live so does anyone have any suggestion regarding transporting a bike?...well thks

Allen
Old 05-07-07, 07:50 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats!

As for the title transfer, it's easy. Make sure the everything on the title matches everything on the bike (VIN#, mileage, etc.). Upon payment, the seller should hand over the title to you with proper DMV paperwork (transfer of registration), and you get to pay for taxes through the DMV.

If the buyer still has a lienholder, make sure you make direct payment to the bank/lienholder instead of through the buyer, along with any DMV paperwork the bank/lienholder requires.

There are ways to transport a bike, but it does get expensive. I would estimate about $200 minimum for something about 100 miles away. Where is the bike at? Where are you located?

Get that bike soon so we can go for a ride...
Old 05-08-07, 11:28 PM
Allenchang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SUre thing...once i get a replacement coolant reservoir, a front brake reservoir, new brake fluid, new front tire,and flush out the coolant ..then ill be all set ...well it was 3 grand ish ...i cant really complain..bike is in pretty good shape..i do have a question after changing the oil im supose to let it sit for like 5 min..but as soon as i turn it on i hear this knocking noise then its gone and then the engine light is off..so is that normal or what for a bike...5 minute seemed like a while hearing the bike knock like that...also are FRAM oil filters any good......hm..i noticed not too many bikers on the forum here