CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Dangers in clubbing at hollywood and highland.

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 02:18 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dangers in clubbing at hollywood and highland.

So the one night I decide to go clubbing on saturday with a couple of friends at Highlands in hollywood I get a big surprise. I parked on the lower fifth floor right next to the esculators (which I thought was safe) in front of all the traffic. I guess I was wrong. Apparently no one saw what happened, and that there are no cameras in that area, the only places that have cameras are in the rear of the structure. Just my luck, more fixing time.

By the way if anyone sees any photos of women in front of my car then please let me know. There was a womans foot print heel and all on part of my hood and on my bumper as well. Security guards speculated that they may have been taking photos on the front of my car.

Fender Damage

Bumper Damage

Hood Damage

Mental note: Be aware of where you park, even if you think it's safe......you maybe be wrong.
Old 05-08-07, 02:27 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang, i know that structure too. I never drive my car there anymore...

sorry to see what happened....
Old 05-08-07, 02:44 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Man that sucks. Your car is so clean when I saw it @ the meet. I've been parking in areas where only one car can be next to me to minimize getting dingged (like at the end of rows).
Old 05-08-07, 03:28 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to hear that. i also try to park at row's ends.
that first photo, is that at a shop in diamond bar, maybe rowland heights?
Old 05-08-07, 03:35 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

ouch man...I'm always weary whenever I take my car to any clubs, too many drunk fools stumbling all over the place...
Old 05-08-07, 03:36 PM
o2GS43o
Lead Lap

Dang, I use to work at Hollywood and Highland and park in the structure all the time, since it's the only place to park unless you want to go across the street or something... I never had anything like that done to my car since I've been working there for like a year, but then again, I wasn't driving my Lexus at the time...

I use to work for Wolfgang Puck Catering on the 5th floor and Vert on the 4th floor.

Old 05-08-07, 05:08 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

i was there on saturday.. nice place~ sorry about your car
Old 05-08-07, 05:43 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

lol i learned my lesson rolling down hollywood blvd. i freakin get pulled over by 3 cops in the middle of traffic in the yellow yeilding lane so they can inspect my car lol . dont drive your nice rides in L.A. everytime i go up north i take the civic beater
Old 05-08-07, 07:58 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Reminds me when in Pasadena the local PD would walk down the center island and point to cars to pull curbside. They got me once and that was the last time I did Pasadena on a weekend evening.

Whole deal field sobriety (which I hadn't been drinking anyway) full sweep for equipment violations and I'm sure they ran my DL for any wants-warrants. I was out in about 8 minutes but it sure wasn't a nice way to end the evening. They even checked to make sure the windshield wipers worked...
Old 05-08-07, 08:22 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Doh, and we just saw you this past Saturday at the boba place right off of La Puente and Lemon.
Old 05-08-07, 08:55 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow damn, sounds like you guys got it worse down there than us norcal'ers. i never drive my car to clubs, period. In SF, most of the clubs are like in the downtown area which isn't the greatest place to park a car for so long. I always bum a ride off a friend who drives his beater truck, my car has already been designated as just the commuter to get me to SJ and back to SF.

For the fender, can't ya just take that sucker off and try to pop it back out or try dent repair?
Old 05-08-07, 09:15 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
sorry to hear that. i also try to park at row's ends.
that first photo, is that at a shop in diamond bar, maybe rowland heights?
It's a shop in covina.

Originally Posted by flipside909
Doh, and we just saw you this past Saturday at the boba place right off of La Puente and Lemon.
Yeah, so you were with poyet that day? I have the worst luck with my SC I guess.

Originally Posted by LexAnt
wow damn, sounds like you guys got it worse down there than us norcal'ers. i never drive my car to clubs, period. In SF, most of the clubs are like in the downtown area which isn't the greatest place to park a car for so long. I always bum a ride off a friend who drives his beater truck, my car has already been designated as just the commuter to get me to SJ and back to SF.

For the fender, can't ya just take that sucker off and try to pop it back out or try dent repair?
I could get it fixed and pop out the fender, but the fact that this is the second time I have to fix this car within a few weeks is discouraging. I can't stand looking at my car in this condition, so fixing it is on the top of my list.
Old 05-08-07, 10:38 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Damn that sucks!

I use to go there a lot and used the underground structure to park and I guess I've been lucky. But I do park at the last 2 levels and away from the elevators. It might seem to be a little out of the way, but I've had no incident yet (knock on wood).
Old 05-08-07, 11:11 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

parking structures in general are never good places to park
Old 05-09-07, 10:47 AM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

damn that ****ing sucks man.

Quick Reply: Dangers in clubbing at hollywood and highland.