CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus of Riverside

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 01:32 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Lexus of Riverside

A month ago, I called them to ask about a o2 sensor part (bank 2 sensor 2), and gave me a part number. I ordered it with Carson Toyota, and the exact part came. The problem is, the part number Lexus of Riverside gave me was wrong to begin with (the new sensor is too short). I am really frustrated right now, and can only wait until the parts department to open tomorrow, and wait for another few days to be able to change the parts.

Also, my friend who recently bought a car there, had his car washed there after he got his first and only free oil change. While one of them was washing his car, another guy used a towel from the ground used for cleaning rims to wipe the roof. My friend of course, was outraged when he saw, and he demanded them to wash the car again. The dealership however, did not do so, and just asked the porters to wipe off the area with a clean towel instead.

Cliffs: they're one of the worst Lexus dealerships in socal, do not go there for service.
Old 05-28-07, 02:55 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the heads up...i need to bring my car into a dealer for service soon...not going there...eventhough i'm in riverside
Old 05-28-07, 03:10 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

hmm...thanks for the advice. This is a first for riverside. If it was longo i could understand
Old 05-28-07, 03:25 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I've never been a fan of this dealership from both the sales and service areas. They charge a premium for their services. If you call them for a basic oil change and tire rotation, they cost over $70 more than the next nearest dealer. Same can be said about their sales department. You actually save more by driving outside the I.E.
Old 05-28-07, 04:11 PM
HKN
Lead Lap

I'm Convinced...no Lexus Riverside For My Car...
Old 05-29-07, 05:15 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Thanks for the heads+up.

I just bought my car there 2 weeks ago ,07 250IS, and they really did give me a great deal. I am in the finance world and know how 2 treat my borrowers/clients and they did a wonderful job.

As far as the maintenance service I am clueless as 2 how they are. I live in Riverside and to know every little bit of knowledge helps. For sure I will not go back there.

Anyone meet up in Riverside for meets? Let me know.
Old 05-29-07, 09:16 PM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

My two cents of Lexus of Riverside. I have never had a problem with their service or sales department. I know that they do cost more than any delearship in the area. I have had a few incidents with them with my IS350 but they have rectified the problem free of charge and in a timely manner.

As for thier carwash, I never let them wash my car, but my dad and my sister always get the free carwash and I have never seen any problem with the way they do it. If I had seen any problems, I usually just bring it up to the service advisor and then they are usually willing to work something out.

As for the parts department, they don't know crap. The only reason I would order from them is if I needed a part the next day or if they had it stock that same day. And yes, they do charge a lot more for parts more than other parts departments.

For the most part, I think each dealership will have its problems. At least they're not stealing IPOD's at lexus of riverside.
Old 06-21-07, 06:23 PM
nrsk4u
Pole Position

Sales department was a joke too, thoes jackles refused to give any discount on an IS350 i wanted to buy.......48,000 yea right!!!
Old 06-21-07, 06:40 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Why the heck did you go back to Lexus of Riverside Kenny?

Back in 2001, our GS in for its first oil change. They decided to throw in a car wash. When it came out of the wash and the guys were drying it off, they put the drying cloths on THE GROUND. This resulted in a bunch of gravel being picked up and they wiped down the entire BRAND NEW car with these gravel filled cloths. Lexus of Riverside basically decided to key the whole car. Good thing they didn't charge for that.

NEVER go there.
Old 06-22-07, 10:33 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benxd
Why the heck did you go back to Lexus of Riverside Kenny?

Back in 2001, our GS in for its first oil change. They decided to throw in a car wash. When it came out of the wash and the guys were drying it off, they put the drying cloths on THE GROUND. This resulted in a bunch of gravel being picked up and they wiped down the entire BRAND NEW car with these gravel filled cloths. Lexus of Riverside basically decided to key the whole car. Good thing they didn't charge for that.

NEVER go there.
because that's the closest dealership in the county of rivercrap.