CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got pulled over last night, a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-07, 11:38 AM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually the cops didn't follow him or any others from Irwindale. Irwindale PD were in Walnut last night and were on a rampage it seems.
Everyone pulled over were disrepected by the cops, even when being calm and compliant with the cop. One individual actually had his door dented by a cop as well. There was a fair amount of harassment going on considering nobody that I know was "street racing" and were being cooperative.
I know the car numbers involved as well as officer names/badges. I say those individuals affected put in a formal complaint. It won't get you off from the ticket, but at least the cop will get in trouble for excessive behavior.
I know in one situation another cruiser pulled up and asked, "How many you get tonight?" as if it were a game to see how many you can pull over and who can issue the highest charged ticket.
Tommy you're lucky you didn't get a ref ticket. A couple had ref tickets and some were almost towed.

Last edited by BobaDrift; 05-30-07 at 11:42 AM. Reason: corrected some grammatical errors.
Old 05-30-07, 11:49 AM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

If he had gotten a ref ticket for his exhaust that would have been a good thing.

If his exhaust is as quiet as he says it is, and within the decibel parameters the ref will be able to write it off, and he will have a ref compliance report to show any other officers brazen enough to try and bring that up in a traffic stop.

Good luck with the write offs man, it seems your infractions were quite minimal.
Old 05-30-07, 12:46 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BobaDrift
Actually the cops didn't follow him or any others from Irwindale. Irwindale PD were in Walnut last night and were on a rampage it seems.
Everyone pulled over were disrepected by the cops, even when being calm and compliant with the cop. One individual actually had his door dented by a cop as well. There was a fair amount of harassment going on considering nobody that I know was "street racing" and were being cooperative.
I know the car numbers involved as well as officer names/badges. I say those individuals affected put in a formal complaint. It won't get you off from the ticket, but at least the cop will get in trouble for excessive behavior.
I know in one situation another cruiser pulled up and asked, "How many you get tonight?" as if it were a game to see how many you can pull over and who can issue the highest charged ticket.
Tommy you're lucky you didn't get a ref ticket. A couple had ref tickets and some were almost towed.
If an officer damaged a defendant's property, then the defendant should be justified to bring a complaint/suit against the pd/city.

Where was this 'hot spot' in Walnut this occurred at? I never knew Walnut to be a hot spot (unless in the industrial areas).

For the disrespect and harrassment complaints, all defendants can file their complaints/grievances. However, majority of the time, IA will disregard unless there's a serious lawsuit or violation occurred on the officer's part. Keep in mind, officers are held to uphold the law and they face all different types of people everyday. Simply, their argument would be they are just suppressing the street race/cruiser scene in the city and ensuring the streets are safer for the community.

Just my $0.02
Old 05-31-07, 02:31 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Hmm the industrial areas are hot? I've never seen a cop there
Old 05-31-07, 12:13 PM
ummagawd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

okay i've got enough material to figure out how i'm gonna fight my exhaust citation

For those who are interested... i'll be using the following information found in these links:

http://ticketassassin.com/docs112383/forms.html
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=8133

My plan is to go get my exhaust tested and get a certificate of compliance. Then do a trial by written declaration (trial by mail).

This is in regards to fighting VC 27150(a) (http://arb.ca.gov/bluebook/bb99/VC/27150.htm) for those interested in what the VC exactly entails.

My questions now are:

Do I still have to go to court to get my other 2 citations taken care of?

and

What happens if I lose? Do I get charged the maximum fine for trying to fight this citation? Or do I just go get it written off at CHP, pay the smaller fine and be on my way as if I never tried to fight it?

I know some of you suggest to go put a stock exhaust back on, have it written off along with my taillights, and then go to court and pay the smaller fines. But if I have nothing to lose in trying to fight it... then why not? I maybe pay a little more in getting the test done... but at least I'll have a certificate of compliance that I can use to help me in the future.
Old 05-31-07, 12:34 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

The other 2 citations are fix it tickets. You just go to the court, have an officer verify if they were fixed or not and then pay $10 per fix it or the full fine if you decide not to fix it. Tint will be ~$100-$130. Can't remember what it was exactly for mine.
Old 06-01-07, 10:30 AM
E-Z ES300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$100 to $130?!?!? WOWWWW Here in Chicago its $35 if you decide not to fix it!!