CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

FIrst ticket of my life

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-07, 11:09 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts
Default FIrst ticket of my life

Minding my own business, following a suburban doing about 45 mph at 9:45 am on the 405 going southbound. I was in the carpool lane.

As I pass victory blvd, I notice there is a CHP in heavy traffic on the fast lane.

I slowly pass him by, watching my rear view mirror like a hawk. Low and behold, he moves over to the carpool, paces me for 1.5 minutes, turns his lights on.

SIgh brokenheart.gif

Well the carpool is moving 45mph and the regular traffic moving at 2mph. Imagine the fun crossing over 5 lanes.

Pull over at the corner of 101/405. Ahh the joys on the looks of the other motorists, as they look down on me with a snarl.

Officer says, "why don't you have any plates."
My response: "Well sir, it is brand new, and DMV hasn't issued them yet."
Officer barks: Let me see your insurance and registration son.

I am listening to my IPOD standing on the side of the road. He goes back to his car, 13 minutes passes. I go over and ask, "Are you giving me a ticket?" HIs answer, a resounding "YES!"

So get a ticket for:
1) No plate (uhh, its brand freaking new dood)
2) No license plate lamps
3) No rear reflector.

I always thought fix it ticket were you get signed off, and mail a $10 check in. According to the ticket, on August 14th, I have to show up at VanNuys court. YUCK. thumbsdown.gif

So anyone know where to sign this off? Do I have to go to court? I like getting paid to go to court, not some silly traffic court.

What a waste of time.

Oh well.....and the CHP was ugly too!

I am thinking of keeping it the way it is, till August 10th, and if I get pulled over, I will show them the ticket. Or do I get a double ticket?

Guess I am not a ticket virgin anymore. I was on my bike. Good thing, not a moving violation, otherwise my 65$/month coverage on the S, and $34/month coverage on the bike, would probably go through the roof.

Well thats it. Now in the office.
Old 06-26-07, 09:44 PM
lxgs4
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if its a fix it ticket just go to CHP to have them sign off on your ticket and mail it in to the court. I don't think you have to go to court unless you are going to fight it
Old 06-26-07, 09:57 PM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

But how much fine do I pay?
Old 06-26-07, 10:36 PM
Aries
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You'll find out the amount when the tix comes in the mail. You can also go to court and ask the judge to lower the fine depending on the amount.

I remember long ago I had 5 fix it tix and it came out to over $500, went to court and they lowered the fine to about $170. Good luck.
Old 06-26-07, 10:52 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Aries
You'll find out the amount when the tix comes in the mail. You can also go to court and ask the judge to lower the fine depending on the amount.

I remember long ago I had 5 fix it tix and it came out to over $500, went to court and they lowered the fine to about $170. Good luck.
what kinda fixit tix u had? dont scare his ***** like that -_-
actually ryan's balla no worries haha

when I got my tix when I just picked up the sc, I fixed everything (no front plate and no insurance) and got it signed off right away. I went to court, traffic clerk, several weeks later and got it taken cared of for $10. You dont really need to show up in court in front of the judge, but because cali wants to budget cut they require you to show up at the clerk to pay.
Old 06-26-07, 10:56 PM
brownz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fixers are usually $10 if you get the fix signed off.
Old 06-27-07, 12:59 AM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

get everything they got you for, go to a local chp office. they'll sign it off for a fee of like 15 bucks. then bring it to court. they'll make you pay 10 bucks.

i got 3 fix it ticket for my car last year.

modified exhaust
broken windshield
no front plates

i got everything fix and went to court, asked the judge for 5 hour extension cus the court's sheriff office cant write off modified exhaust. so pretty much my car was unseen my anyone of the law and the judge just said happy xmas 10 bucks please.

so how do you like the 1098?
Old 06-27-07, 07:27 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

I'm a little confused....

Was the car brand new or "new-used" ? Was the temp paper registration in the window?

I know several CHP officers and not one of them would waste the time to write a fixer on a new car unless there was another issue going on like no insurance, or there was an extended time frame on the temp, like several months had gone by since you bought it.

What's the deal, boss? Somethin ain't adding up here.
Old 06-29-07, 01:58 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He was on his brand new bike
Old 06-29-07, 07:51 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by milky
He was on his brand new bike
Ahh,.,....

I missed that last part.

Ya............you put an undertail kit on or hacked the rear shovel........ Kinda chincy, but I'll be he was hoping you were unlicensed. It's a minor reason to stop for the no reflectors, but legit.

If you really want to get stopped, do like most those rocket bike guys do and jam the plate back in the wheel well so you can't even see it.....pulled every time they see you.
Old 07-02-07, 03:38 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

wow i hate cops sometimes for reasons like this. I've rode for awhile and havent been pulled over, and most people i know that were pulled over was for speeding, stunting, and no lights, but the reflector thing is kinda retarded.