CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal End Of Summer All Lexus Meet @ "Nhu Y" Restaurant, Thursday 8/23, 6:00PM

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 02:00 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ron_is350
yes i was at the e90 meet in fountain valley the other day. we were in the most secluded part of a park, and what do you know...FVPD comes in from nowhere and starts examining cars row by row. now think of how it's gonna fly in a parking lot.
I'm going to contact Fountain Valley and see what they say.
Old 07-16-07, 02:03 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes i was at the e90 meet in fountain valley the other day. we were in the most secluded part of a park, and what do you know...FVPD comes in from nowhere and starts examining cars row by row. now think of how it's gonna fly in a parking lot.
bummer. that's news to me... since WAS a FV local since i was a wee lad. Never had any problems with photoshoots or anything of that nature. We have meets at the local starbucks across from mile square park all the time. They come by and check out our rides... in a good way, not to find something illegal. Oh well... they don't bother me, so it's all good.
Old 07-16-07, 02:05 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chanh55
I'm going to contact Fountain Valley and see what they say.
you worry too much.
Old 07-16-07, 02:06 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
you worry too much.
I do...
Old 07-16-07, 02:10 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by chanh55
I do...
instead of calling, might as well just have them show their cruisers with ours. I think you'll be fine in front of the restaurant. It's not like the owner is going to complain... he's getting some $$$
Old 07-16-07, 02:11 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AutoCoutureSC
instead of calling, might as well just have them show their cruisers with ours. I think you'll be fine in front of the restaurant. It's not like the owner is going to complain... he's getting some $$$
The owner is my friend. So it's all good.
Old 07-16-07, 10:25 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

well the park is public meaning the police can do that legally. in a parking lot that is techincally private and they really cant do anything unless the person that owns the land files a complaint or someone who lives or does business nearby complains to the police. The police however can harass people while they are on public streets before entering the restaurant property. Anyways beware.
Old 07-17-07, 07:48 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Don't spread too much info here bud. The cops drove by each row but it doesn't mean they were necessarily checking out the cars. No one was reported of being busted or ticketed at our meet of over 70 cars. They were probably checking for people smoking weed or consuming alcohol at the park. The event was incident free.

-John
Who was there at the meet from beginning (setting up) and to the end.
Old 07-17-07, 09:22 PM
Swisha
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

8 course fish is awesome if anyone hasn't tried it they should. I'm vietnamese and i wish i could go but ill be in FL for a cruise =(.

Last edited by Swisha; 07-17-07 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 10:14 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by OC 335i
Don't spread too much info here bud. The cops drove by each row but it doesn't mean they were necessarily checking out the cars. No one was reported of being busted or ticketed at our meet of over 70 cars. They were probably checking for people smoking weed or consuming alcohol at the park. The event was incident free.

-John
Who was there at the meet from beginning (setting up) and to the end.
Thanks John for that. Hopefully this will shut up the people paranoid about cops in FV.
Old 07-17-07, 10:22 PM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Np. Fountain Valley isn't as bad as it used to be. I grew up in the Westminster/FV area. When I had my lowered S2000 (for over 3 years) I never got pulled over once in FV. Slammed, Professors, & HKS exhaust. As long as it's not 4 guys rolling deep with shaved heads you generally should be okay. There's car meets in Irvine and Irvine PD is far, far worse IMNSHO.

BTW, I think 6pm might be kind of early for a weekday meet if you consider all the traffic coming in and out of FV. If people get off at 5pm, it might be pushing it. Just my 2 cents. I'm thinking about going, 8 Courses of Fish sounds good, I've only had Bo 7 Mon.
Old 07-30-07, 02:07 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

There will be no SC meet in August. So SC guys come out to Nhu Y. There are a million other dishes besides fish if you guys can't eat fish.
Old 08-10-07, 04:00 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Anyone else up for this?
Old 08-10-07, 04:13 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 96 Likes on 88 Posts

offically undecided but me and a few other guys may show up from the CH/Riverside area
Old 08-10-07, 04:49 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

I haven't had problems in FV/SA/GG/CM area. The police there are dealing with many other issues at hand.

Law enforcement (OCSD) in the south orange county is much much much worse (Irvine/Mission Viejo/Lake Forest/San Clemente). When IPD shows up, you have something to worry about.

I would love to come but traffic is horrible and I have class the next day.

Quick Reply: SoCal End Of Summer All Lexus Meet @ "Nhu Y" Restaurant, Thursday 8/23, 6:00PM