CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Recommendations for a nice night out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 03:17 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A twist on dinner and a movie:

http://www.cinespace.info/01d.php

Food is pretty good and I saw "Star Wars" there couple years back. That was pretty cool, but I don't know how romantic it is while watching "Black Snake Moan", "Factory Girl", "Zodiac" or "Astronaut Farmer" this month.....
Old 07-19-07, 05:49 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

there's a place called windows in downtown LA. its on the 32nd floor of the transamerica building and has amazing food. the city is right under you, and if you're looking for something original i'd definently check this place out since i'd never seen anythin like it before i went.

corner of olive and 12th fyi. about $60 a plate (incl appetizer, drink, tax & tip)
Old 07-19-07, 06:00 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there is a spot in San Diego that is a 4hr dinner/dancing cruise. you don't have to sit with others and it's not that expensive. i have not been there in a while, so i don't know what it is like now, but it use to be ok.
The Hornblower
Old 07-19-07, 07:17 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have to say that dinner at Medieval Times is "different" but it's definitely not romantic by any means. Fun? I don't know how fun dinner can be when you're sitting there smelling horse doo doo and eating really bad food with your fingers. I'm no princess by any means but I wouldn't be very impressed if a guy took me to Medieval Times. I'd ask him to save his $$$ and we go to the Olive Garden instead so that I don't have to smell horse doo doo throughout my dinner.
Old 07-19-07, 09:10 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

IMO of all suggestions, this has to be the best.

she better put out.

Originally Posted by GS42NV
there's a place called windows in downtown LA. its on the 32nd floor of the transamerica building and has amazing food. the city is right under you, and if you're looking for something original i'd definently check this place out since i'd never seen anythin like it before i went.

corner of olive and 12th fyi. about $60 a plate (incl appetizer, drink, tax & tip)
Old 07-20-07, 02:21 AM
vandit23
Driver

Yeah, pretty cool joint. Went there for a New Year's eve party eons ago. You could see everything...Cityscape was awesome. Bonaventure hotel is pretty cool, too. They have that elevator where "True Lies" was shot, and the restaurant/bar on top is pretty cool, too.

Inn of the Seventh Ray was pretty interesting, too. You dine outdoors with excellent food. Took three "fine-a$$ female" co-workers there, and drank some nice wine and had an excellent dinner, BUT didn't get lucky since I consider their friendships more highly than "you know what"....Anyway, if you took a DATE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER...she SHOULD put out...LOL.
Old 07-20-07, 01:08 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

yeah i've been here. EXCELLENT STEAK!!! sides are good too but a bit expensive..

and love the view
Old 07-20-07, 01:12 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Thanks for all the suggestions guys..

will decide this weekend.
Old 07-20-07, 01:14 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
A twist on dinner and a movie:

http://www.cinespace.info/01d.php

Food is pretty good and I saw "Star Wars" there couple years back. That was pretty cool, but I don't know how romantic it is while watching "Black Snake Moan", "Factory Girl", "Zodiac" or "Astronaut Farmer" this month.....
Isn't this place known for its club?
Old 07-20-07, 02:07 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by milky
Isn't this place known for its club?
Yes, after the dinner and a movie is over it turns into a club so you could stick around afterwards and dance.
Old 07-20-07, 02:59 PM
LEXAI
Driver School Candidate

Yamashiro (sushi) in the Hollywood Hills, Charthouse in Malibu, the food is good, romantic and beautiful views!
Old 07-20-07, 08:20 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXAI
Yamashiro (sushi) in the Hollywood Hills, Charthouse in Malibu, the food is good, romantic and beautiful views!
thanks been there, food is good not great, but yes beautiful view for sure!