CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Romantic bistro's or restaurants in socal?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-07, 12:04 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys I came back from Geoffreys, and I was very unhappy with their service..

1st, I made a reservation for 8:30, I showed up at 8:25, and they made me wait till about 8:45 before I was seated...

2nd, It took about 10-15 mins before the waiter came to take our order and another 5mins to bring us some bread, butter, and water.

3rd, after ordering the food it took about 50mins for the food to come, as me and my GF were tired of staring into each others eyes =(

4th, The waitress that bought us the dessert was very rude, after asking for the check. She literally throws it onto the table in a very mean manner after i said Thank You.

5th, The bill was 102$, not suprising because of the location, but all I ordered was 1 water (free), 1 ice tea ($4), salad (15), dinner entree for gf (28), my dinner (40), and a small ___ cake for (9), valet parking(5 included in check).

6th, I was very upset with the service so I only tipped 5 dollars. I walk out with my gf and wait for the Valet to bring my car. The waitress comes behind me and asks if something was wrong cause i only tipped her 5 bucks, and I said I get better service at Mcdonalds. She then walked away angry, and came back within 10 seconds and tossed the 5 bucks to me and said I dont want this!! I just gave her tip to the Valet guy cause he was extra careful with my car and told me he left my e-brake on so he made sure I knew.

So overall I did not like the place. The food was a 8 out of 10, Service 2 out of 10, Valet was 10 out of 10. And it was OVERPRICED. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Last edited by Rollin'ES3; 08-03-07 at 12:07 AM. Reason: price of valet
Old 08-03-07, 01:16 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man sounds like you really had a horrible experience. i would probably go back in and ask for the manager about this waitress indeed. i can care less if she loses her job. she doesn't deserve to be a server with her attitude when she tossed that 5 bucks at you

sorry your dinner was ruined
Old 08-03-07, 05:11 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

yeah, shoulda taken my suggestion and gone to sam woo.

dinner would be probably...6 bucks for a plate of fried rice, 6 bucks for a plate of fried noodles, 8 bucks for 1/2 a roosted duck, and 2 bucks for a tapioca milk tea. total after tip and tax would be able 25, and food will come out almost instantly. well, maybe 5 min wait at most.

not to mention there'd be so much food it'll be yer lunch for the next two days!
Old 08-03-07, 07:59 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear about the bad service. Unfortunately, good (if not great) restaurants are sometimes run by bad service.

I've had my fair share of the experiences, and no food can taste good if it wasn't served well...
Old 08-03-07, 08:08 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't remember the restaurant name, it is some popular Italian Joint named for customer service. On to the story, my sister and her friends went to the restaurant with a party of 10 and received horrible service. One of the people there wrote a very professional letter to their Corporate Headquarters. Corporate wrote her back telling her if she wanted to go back to the restaurant, they will comp her party of 10, no questions asked. A group of 10 came back with incredibly full stomachs, free of charge. I heard they ordered everything.
Old 08-03-07, 08:49 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

another option is dinner cruises but it really all depends on what you two are into.
heres the link for the dinner cruises though https://www.hornblower.com/default-hce.asp
Old 08-06-07, 12:41 AM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

i want names!!!!!!
Old 08-06-07, 10:01 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

That's sad...sorry to hear of your poor dining experience. It happens and to have that waitress further insult you, that just screams a talk with the manager.

What I do is write reviews on Trip Advisor. Then I print out a copy and send it to the hotel we stayed at. My next call is to the eatery to relay about the online review.

A true service oriented restaurant usually sends a certificate for a meal. My feeling is if it was so bad, no...there are plenty of others to try. If it seems sincere, they deserve the second chance I feel.

We received a certificate from a Japanese place after a poor service incident. The enclosed letter was so arrogant where "customer is wrong" type attitude, it didn't matter if we would get a comped meal. Wife sent it back. OTOH, a local hang, there was a hair in one of the dishes. The owner came out to apologize and he not only comped the meal but gave dessert and a certificate for a return visit. You feel good because it proved this was a restaurant that wanted to provide service.
Old 08-07-07, 02:10 PM
skribblez
Lead Lap

The Chart House in Redondo beach. Reserve a table by the window, you'll get to see the waves/water.
Old 08-10-07, 11:10 AM
meZoom!
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skribblez
The Chart House in Redondo beach. Reserve a table by the window, you'll get to see the waves/water.
That's a really nice place...except the last time I went there, there were a dozen rats walking on the walls that they have that go between those lamp/lanterns in between the tables.
Old 08-11-07, 11:37 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by OC 335i
I can't remember the restaurant name, it is some popular Italian Joint named for customer service. On to the story, my sister and her friends went to the restaurant with a party of 10 and received horrible service. One of the people there wrote a very professional letter to their Corporate Headquarters. Corporate wrote her back telling her if she wanted to go back to the restaurant, they will comp her party of 10, no questions asked. A group of 10 came back with incredibly full stomachs, free of charge. I heard they ordered everything.
MAGGIANO???

If that's not the name, either way, that place sucks service

Generally, most expensive/overpriced restaurants have sucky service.

The Lake in Irvine is ok.

I like the Lighthouse in Long Beach.

Villa Nova in Newport Beach is good too.

Las Brisas (mentioned by mole) =overpriced El Torito. We did the Sunday brunch thing.........still an overpriced El Torito.

00ES300=that's horrible disservice from the waitress, should've spoken to the manager.
Old 08-11-07, 11:43 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by meZoom!
That's a really nice place...except the last time I went there, there were a dozen rats walking on the walls that they have that go between those lamp/lanterns in between the tables.

Did you call the health dept. at least??????????
And people still sat there and ate???
Old 08-12-07, 08:21 AM
OC 335d
Lexus Test Driver

No, it wasn't Maggianos.
Old 08-12-07, 10:47 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 472 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
MAGGIANO???

Las Brisas (mentioned by mole) =overpriced El Torito. We did the Sunday brunch thing.........still an overpriced El Torito.
LOL... thinking of it, that would be our conclusion too.