CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

In South OC...Pulled over for riding dirty?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07 | 05:29 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

whats most important is hudini learned a valuable lesson.

next is we all know the police can pretty much do what they need to do and will, in one way or another, find probable cause to justify their actions. so, point being, dont upset them-if you do, it'll cost you dearly one way or another.

i got pulled over in a stock lexus suv, driving alone, at 2am on week night for no front plate. officer asked me if i'd been drinking, i hadnt at all, i replied no and asked why he asked that question. he said my eyes were blood shot red. i told him just took a nap at a friends, had to go home, and was really tired driving home (just another 3 miles and i'd be home). he asked me to exit my car for a field sobriety test. completed and passed. i asked what his reason for the initial stop was, he replied no front plate and asked where it was. i showed him it was in my glove box and the dealer didnt have any screws to install after already drilling the holes. he said have a good nite, bla bla bla. my point-BE COURTEOUS TO THEM. you behind is in their hands. and dont drive mod'd cars after drinking all!

GL guys! sorry this was sooooo long.
Old 08-08-07 | 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally Posted by Hartawan
So if I got pulled over JUST for lic plates and I wasn't drinking or anything, they have no right to search my car?
technically, as long as they are suspicious about your car, even if you don't have front plate, they can request a search and pop the hood
Old 08-08-07 | 05:37 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phy
He asked u if u had drugs and u told him u drank a few beers......
Yeah...I am honest about eveything and I seriously didn't think I had that much because I was totally normal. I believe everything happens for a reason and so I take it as sign that I won't do it again.

It just caught me off guard that he would ask me about drugs before anything else. Not where you going, have you been drinking, or "I pulled you over because of...", just drugs on you or in the car.

Last edited by Hudini; 08-14-07 at 06:09 PM.
Old 08-08-07 | 05:42 PM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
whats most important is hudini learned a valuable lesson.

next is we all know the police can pretty much do what they need to do and will, in one way or another, find probable cause to justify their actions. so, point being, dont upset them-if you do, it'll cost you dearly one way or another.

i got pulled over in a stock lexus suv, driving alone, at 2am on week night for no front plate. officer asked me if i'd been drinking, i hadnt at all, i replied no and asked why he asked that question. he said my eyes were blood shot red. i told him just took a nap at a friends, had to go home, and was really tired driving home (just another 3 miles and i'd be home). he asked me to exit my car for a field sobriety test. completed and passed. i asked what his reason for the initial stop was, he replied no front plate and asked where it was. i showed him it was in my glove box and the dealer didnt have any screws to install after already drilling the holes. he said have a good nite, bla bla bla. my point-BE COURTEOUS TO THEM. you behind is in their hands. and dont drive mod'd cars after drinking all!

GL guys! sorry this was sooooo long.
I totally agree! Courtesy is the best policy!! They are just doing their jobs and the stress they have to put up with everyday, I respect them.
Old 08-08-07 | 05:56 PM
chrispy

I guess rolling VIP style does make you look like a drug lord.
Old 08-08-07 | 06:09 PM
BobaDrift
Pole Position

The only way they can search your vehicle without consent is if they have probable cause.
Also the reason to not roll your window all the way down (unless you have tint on the front) is because the cop can merely state he/she saw or smelled something that became probable cause to search your vehicle.
Youtube illegal searches and watch some of the videos. You'll actually learn alot. Also if you have a lawyer keep their number on hand.
Ask the cop(s) for name and badge number and a copy of their report if need be so you can forward it to your lawyer to be looked over. Not illegal to ask or state. My friends dad is a lawyer and that worked for him. Cop gave him a dirty look and let him go.
Of course if anything goes to court in the end it comes down to your word against a cops word and unless you have legally recorded video or audio evidence you'll lose.
Everyone drive safe out there and learn the local laws to your state. Nothing can protect you more than knowing them. If you know them by statute then even better.
Old 08-08-07 | 06:10 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

watch that, changed my life! haha
Old 08-08-07 | 07:36 PM
daSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jgdynamics

Just finished watching it. Has some good advice lol.
Old 08-09-07 | 12:35 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

be happy that your car wasnt impounded. i only drink when i dont have to drive home or someone else is driving. and anyone remember how bad cops used to be like 10 years ago? all cops all departments all over so cal?
Old 08-09-07 | 12:44 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by jgdynamics

That video is good if you have something to hide ahha.
Old 08-09-07 | 10:40 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Well, you only had 4 drinks in the span of two hrs. It takes 1 hr to kill off 1 drink, so you killed off two drinks leaving two drinks in yer system. Given you're a big guy, you're possibly in the legal limit w/ two drinks in the system.

Is there possible racism involved tho? I don't know much 6 2 220lb Asian ppl. My roommate is 6 2 but he's like 160 lbs LOL
Old 08-09-07 | 11:11 AM
markgs4
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=Hudini;2828102]Trust me...it takes a lot to get a buzz to begin with...QUOTE]

I of all people should know this first hand knowing you as long as Ive know you!! Bro...sorry to hear what went down. But definitely a learning lesson.....for me too, since not long ago I drove home after a night out thinking I was good, and ended up dozing towards the end before getting home. Glad you're ok, and that they let you and the ride go. Good thing Big Nate came thru too Aloha bro...and stay safe down there in So Cal
Old 08-10-07 | 01:53 AM
gs eddy
Rookie

Default Know Your Rights: What to do if you're stopped by the Police

hey erybody,
this is a card from the aclu. thats printable. so you can keep it in your wallet.
nice to keep handy. especially in those stressful situations.

http://www.aclu.org/FilesPDFs/dwb%20bust%20card7_04.pdf
Old 08-12-07 | 10:11 PM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Sounds like you were treated pretty fairly. What city were you in when you were pulled over? Just curious since I live in South OC. PM me if you don't want to post it here for obvious reasons.

I doubt it was Irvine, they probably would have thrown the book at you.
Old 08-13-07 | 10:35 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

You told him about the brewskis