CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

has anyone heard of "secure etch"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-07, 03:08 AM
gs eddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone heard of "secure etch"?

hey cl mems, short version,:
my mom buys a "sequoia" (surprise for my dad) from,"Puente hills Toy." she calls me during the sale and asks if she should get the "extended warranties and/or maintenance pckge. of course, i tell her not to get anything. just the truck. so, later in the evening i go to check out my pops new ride!(he deserves it. been rolling a 92 cherokee since "new". Moms pimps a 3g ucf). so i'm checkin the paper work, and i see that they added, 1)extended warranty($1500) 2)maintenance pckg($1000) 3)" secure etch silent guardian system"($500). WTF right. (sorry, a lil background: we're korean, my mom's english is not great/ this happened last Sat.) so now, i'm pissed, like: "hurt someone real bad" pissed. (older/wiser now) do some research, get info on return opts. etc........ my folks went back, armed with printouts of consumer afffairs, state attorneys, waranty info and the "secure etch" info.(the 1 page i found claims that: "they etch the vin or somthn on the front, side and rear windows. so that," if a thief tried to steal........he would have to change or brake windows to sell. so instead of all the "hassle" , thief would be detered and move on." so anyways, they reimbursed extended wrrty and mait. pckge. but said,"the secure etch os non refundable. since the service has been performed.(mind you, my mom told them "no") .
so ive been combing the windows everywichway. dont see ****. so im assuming that nothing was "etched" and we're gettin burned. (if you can't see
it, then how do you get,"detered"?
so thats why i turn to the cl mems. anyone know any added info about the etch system? anyone ever had to deal w/ crap like this?...,
any help would be greatly appreciated. thanx for readin this far.
Old 08-10-07, 03:22 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

sounds like they got you bad

window-etching is a good idea in my book but because they're a dealership they're prolly overcharging you for it anyways. additionally its supposed to be relatively easy to see, especially if your looking for it on the windows. take the car back and demand for them to show you where the etching is. if they cant smile and demand the money back for all options and compensation or else you'l be calling your lawyer (bait+switch and services not rendered apply here).
Old 08-10-07, 12:12 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

My windows are etched and you can clearly see it.