CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My EOS SoCal to NorCal Drive...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-07, 01:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default UPDATE: Hotel booked for EOS!!!

Location: Meet at Jamba Juice at the Valencia Town Center at Magic Mountain Parkway and McBean Parkway.
Address: 27061 Mcbean Pkwy, Santa Clarita, CA
Date: Friday, September 28th.
Time: 6:00 PM departure (estimate 12:00 AM arrival in NorCal)

I just plan on shooting up the 5 Freeway, taking a rest/fuel break in Coalinga, and ending up at the Bay Area by midnight. No racing, no excessive speeding, no illegal stuff: it's just a simple ride straight shooting to EOS.

ACCOMMODATIONS:

Hilton Santa Clara
4949 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, California 95054
(408) 330-0001

If you want to join me in the drive, or have any recommendations/suggestions regarding this convoy, post it here.

I plan to return on Sunday evening, leaving NorCal by about 3PM and arriving back in SoCal by about 9PM. The return will most likely be determined by whatever everyone feels like by EOS.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 09-13-07 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-30-07, 02:15 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

That sounds good Philip! I'm down!!

Can't wait!
Old 08-30-07, 02:43 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 90% sure I will be doing this.
Old 08-30-07, 02:44 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 758 Likes on 528 Posts

Wish I could go have a safe drive and a good time
Old 08-30-07, 03:36 PM
chanh55
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

We should get some walkie talkies...
Old 08-30-07, 04:30 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm in. Philip, I have to lead though - I am the PACE CAR after all...

Javier
Old 08-30-07, 04:41 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by chanh55
We should get some walkie talkies...
By all means - if you have two way radios, please bring them. We'll synchronise the frequency as the date approaches.

Javier
Old 08-31-07, 07:31 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

I'm leaving on Friday so I have the whole day Saturday to do whatever I want at the Bay Area.

I was thinking of going to Napa Valley for that Saturday, do a little wine tasting, grab a couple cases of Opus One, and enjoy some fine dining. I think it's Harvest time though, so it might actually be busy with plenty of people working to turn all the ripe grapes into wine...
Old 08-31-07, 10:57 AM
p3lon
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am 75% that i am going. kind of low on funds.
Old 09-01-07, 01:43 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Thanks for Coming to EOS.

Just wanted to take some time to show you the venue. It is actually where I work. In our frantic search for a new venue, I asked my service manager if he could suggest some possible venues for EOS. He has set up meets for Aston Martin and Lotus. He was gracious and generous in offering to have it at Silicon Valley Auto Group. You guys can check out their web site at http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.com/index.html

Here are some pics of the dealership and what I see everyday and what you guys will have a chance to see up close on top of all the members Lexi. Enjoy!

Front lot.

What I like to call our four car garage. Pardon the guy on the bike and my crappy camera phone.

I work on the Bentley and Lotus side, But here are some of the cars we sell and service.

Saleen S7

Ferrari 360.

Lambo

Spyker

Noble

Bugatti Veyron

Aston Martins

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 09-01-07 at 01:47 AM.
Old 09-01-07, 01:58 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

any chance for a meet before everyone leaves so those of us not going to EOS can partake in teh CL-ness?
Old 09-01-07, 07:31 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Just wanted to take some time to show you the venue. It is actually where I work. In our frantic search for a new venue, I asked my service manager if he could suggest some possible venues for EOS. He has set up meets for Aston Martin and Lotus. He was gracious and generous in offering to have it at Silicon Valley Auto Group. You guys can check out their web site at http://www.siliconvalleyautogroup.com/index.html
Thanks for the invite. And I love Aston Martin, so that will definately be a big plus.

So, what should everyone expect with EOS that is different from the past? Is it more of a show-like feel with people paying more $$ for reserved parking and the such? What are we getting for the extra fees?
Old 09-01-07, 08:57 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Thanks for the invite. And I love Aston Martin, so that will definately be a big plus.

So, what should everyone expect with EOS that is different from the past? Is it more of a show-like feel with people paying more $$ for reserved parking and the such? What are we getting for the extra fees?
The fees are actually going to little things like the purchase of stuff like raffle tickets, supplies to make things like badges that everyone is given to wear that registers, fliers, t-shirts. All this "little things" start to add up. Multiply all this the bigger the event gets.
What's different this year is.....we have to charge. We don't make any profit. If we do it goes into the planning for the next event. The car show. The only other thing is the venue. We have never done an event at a high end dealership like this. We hope SoCal will continue to represent at EOS and we look forward to seeing all of you in 30 days.
Old 09-01-07, 08:59 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Will - whoever put those wheels on that 360 needs to be reprimanded - severely...

Javier
Old 09-01-07, 11:07 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Will - whoever put those wheels on that 360 needs to be reprimanded - severely...

Javier

Well, that car actually belongs to a person that used to pitch for the Oakland A's. I will not release his name for obvious reasons. We regularly get pro athletes that come in to have their cars serviced. We also see alot of personal assistants that bring peoples cars in for them as well. Btw, I think those wheels would look good on your official pace car. LOL

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 09-02-07 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: My EOS SoCal to NorCal Drive...