CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

HID installation in walnut

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-07 | 11:18 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Performance Auto Express
19831 Valley Blvd.
Walnut, 91789
909-869-6667

talk to victor, they'll do a good job for you at a good price, tell them "choufun" recommended u. between lemon and fairway, the automotiveforms gtr usually sits in the front so u wont miss it...
Old 09-11-07 | 03:26 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

I PM'd him Saturday, and he hasn't gotten back to me. Funny how easy this is, and his so called "friend" had to charge him $120!?
Old 09-11-07 | 06:09 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

fakebun -

I'm coming out this weekend and I happen to know *a little bit* about HID lights. I'll be glad to show you what needs to hook up to where and what not.

In fact, here's a video I created for the NSX community on how to cleanly drill through the plastic dust caps that they have on their headlight housings.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv3FP3-T40U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hv3FP3-T40U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Old 09-11-07 | 06:55 PM
fakebun
Rookie

thx guys! since most likely i'll be going to the mini meet on 9/16 maybe i'll bring it over? XD
Old 09-11-07 | 10:10 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

cool man. so you haven't or you already have installed the lights?
Old 09-11-07 | 11:50 PM
fakebun
Rookie

I haven't =(

but can you guys tell me what tools i need? Sorry to say but i don't have a drill/dremel. I still need to buy the grommet (please tell me what kind i should buy) and the "thing" that seals the grommet onto the dustcover.

thx again
Old 09-12-07 | 10:50 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

"buy the grommets"? Dude - I have like A MILLION BAJILLION laying around. I'll just bring you a few this weekend man so don't worry about it man.

All you need is a power drill and a 1" drill bit like in my video. You can DEFINITELY do this yourself. I'd bring the power drill with me but I'm sure you can find one locally or have a fellow CL member locally lend you his or hers.

Just watch the video over and over again until you feel confident you can do it.

If you have any questions - 602.300.7153.

Clifford
Old 09-12-07 | 11:11 AM
fakebun
Rookie

ahahaha thx cliff!
so....ummm.....does anyone in this thread have the power drill with 1'' drill bit and is going to the meet on 9/16 at tasty house on gale?

Old 09-12-07 | 11:13 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by fakebun
I haven't =( but can you guys tell me what tools i need? Sorry to say but i don't have a drill/dremel. I still need to buy the grommet (please tell me what kind i should buy) and the "thing" that seals the grommet onto the dustcover. thx again
Originally Posted by cliffud
"buy the grommets"? Dude - I have like A MILLION BAJILLION laying around. I'll just bring you a few this weekend man so don't worry about it man. All you need is a power drill and a 1" drill bit like in my video. You can DEFINITELY do this yourself. I'd bring the power drill with me but I'm sure you can find one locally or have a fellow CL member locally lend you his or hers. Clifford
guys, just do it after we eat, in the parking lot! LOL! someone just bring a laptop so fake can watch the video over and over and over again, while Cliff supervises, hahaha.

I'm just playing guys...Fake, I'm sure Cliff's a good guy and will totally help ya out.
Old 09-12-07 | 11:53 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

ok - who wants to bring the drill... My batteries are shot and they only last maybe an hour after a charge - darn ryobi products.
Old 09-12-07 | 12:07 PM
Lexkost
Lexus Champion

ok - who wants to bring the drill... My batteries are shot and they only last maybe an hour after a charge - darn ryobi products.

Tell me what you guys need and what size grommets and I will bring it.
Old 09-12-07 | 12:15 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

thanks Lexkost - I'll bring the grommets and I can bring the 1" drill bit - just bring the power drill and we can probably get this done in the parking lot.

lol - my gf is gonna LOOOOOOVE just hanging out in the parking lot. haha
Old 09-12-07 | 12:35 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

thanks Lexkost - I'll bring the grommets and I can bring the 1" drill bit - just bring the power drill and we can probably get this done in the parking lot.

lol - my gf is gonna LOOOOOOVE just hanging out in the parking lot. haha
LOL, and i was just kidding about doing this in the parking lot!
LMAO
Cliff, after just roll over to Life Plaza and buy her some of that boba drink. All the girls luva that stuff.
Old 09-12-07 | 01:33 PM
fakebun
Rookie

hahaha

I really appreciate this guys =)
really do
Old 09-12-07 | 01:37 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
Cliff, after just roll over to Life Plaza and buy her some of that boba drink. All the girls luva that stuff.
lol- funny you mention that- she hates the stuff but she used to own a boba/korean restaurant and she's about to start up another but just boba this time...

Quick Reply: HID installation in walnut