CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

EOS6 SoCal to NorCal Convoy CONFIRMED!!! (Part 2)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-07, 04:52 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default EOS6 SoCal to NorCal Convoy CONFIRMED!!! (Meeting place changed!!!)

MEETING:

Krispy Kreme at the Burbank Empire Center
1521 North Victory Place
Burbank, CA 91504 US
Phone: 818-955-9015

Friday, September 28th.
6:00 PM departure (estimate 12:00 AM arrival in NorCal).

ACCOMMODATIONS:

Hilton Santa Clara
4949 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 330-0001

OR:

Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
5101 Great America Pkwy
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(800) 804-6835

Hotwire.com, input Santa Clara location, they are the only two 4-Star hotels. Currently going for $80 a night!

Check in Friday, September 28th in the evening.
Check out Sunday, September 30th in the morning (right before EOS).

ITINERARY:

Friday: Check in Hotel.

Saturday:
1) Sightseeing in San Francisco all day. Lunch at Fisherman's Wharf area. We are planning to take pics of our cars driving down Lombard Street in the morning. Shall we set a time?

2) Dinner back in San Jose Saturday night:
Maggiano's
3055 Olin Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128
(408) 423-8973
--Reservations will be made one week prior to Saturday, so I will need a final count by then.

Sunday:
1) Brunch right before EOS.
(To be determined.)

2) EOS6.

3) Drive back to L.A. by 3PM. Estimate time of return to L.A. is 9PM.

1) Phil: PhilipMSPT (+2 guests)
2) Stephen : Sly Guy Yu (+Jeriel/jgdynamics)
3) Jimmy : Emoshun (+1)
4) Elizabeth: AsianGirl007
5) Jason : projectdna (+1)

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 09-27-07 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-13-07, 06:25 PM
Sly Guy Yu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2) Stephen : Sly Guy Yu (+Jeriel/jgdynamics)
Old 09-13-07, 07:36 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Phil, I'm still trying to get that weekend off, but I won't find out until next week.

My question is, I've never used Hotwire before and I'm concerned I won't get in at the same hotel as everyone else (which is more fun and convenient). How are they with cancellations or are there other hotels on the same block?

Old 09-13-07, 07:52 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
My question is, I've never used Hotwire before and I'm concerned I won't get in at the same hotel as everyone else (which is more fun and convenient). How are they with cancellations or are there other hotels on the same block?

Hotwire is a little weird. It does not tell you the name of the hotel until after the purchase. You do know where the hotel will generally be (there is a map) and how many Stars the hotel is rated (which is pretty accurate).

There is a way to figure it out. Hotels.com and Hotwire.com is owned by the same company. So, whatever the location and star rating of the hotel on Hotwire, it will be the same on Hotels.com.

The Hilton is the only 4-star hotel in the Santa Clara region for both Hotwire and Hotels.com, so there are no other possibilities. There are other 4-star hotels in other regions, but not Santa Clara. Also, Hotwire is about 2/3rd the price of Hotels.com, just because you don't know the name of the hotel.

Hotwire has NO cancellation/refund policy. You can purchase travel insurance (about $8) that is non-refundable, but will allow you to cancel and get the price credit, but I don't think you get a refund.

I hope this helps!
Old 09-13-07, 08:07 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

^^

Oh, and by the way, the Hilton Santa Clara and the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara are right across from one another. Both are 4-star hotels...
Old 09-15-07, 12:32 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

O.K. Sounds like a fun filled weekend in the Bay Area. See you guys at EOS.
-Will
Old 09-15-07, 09:07 AM
ES Boy
Lead Lap

STILL debating with myself about whether I should go or not. I really want to go, but I swear I have the WORST timing when it comes to having bad luck. I have a crack starting at the bottom-left (drvier's side) of my windshield going diagonal & upward, which is about 1'-1.25' long... and my hood popped up on me again for the third time (cause of crack in windshield) since I don't have a solid latch/pseudo crash bar, so my hood has dents galore and all that good stuff. I already requested Friday-Sunday off from work, so schedule conflicts will not be a problem. Argh. Decisions, decisions.
Old 09-15-07, 10:56 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ES Boy
STILL debating with myself about whether I should go or not. I really want to go, but I swear I have the WORST timing when it comes to having bad luck. I have a crack starting at the bottom-left (drvier's side) of my windshield going diagonal & upward, which is about 1'-1.25' long... and my hood popped up on me again for the third time (cause of crack in windshield) since I don't have a solid latch/pseudo crash bar, so my hood has dents galore and all that good stuff. I already requested Friday-Sunday off from work, so schedule conflicts will not be a problem. Argh. Decisions, decisions.

Might as well come up if you have the time. Even if you don't bring your car. Maybe you can hitch a ride from a friend with a Lex or see if you can come up with Phil and/or Stephen. Good luck with your decision. Hope to see you at EOS.
-Will
Old 09-16-07, 12:35 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

hey Phillip

wondering if you still have a spare room in your car . I will try driving up there but if the Lex is gonna be used (my bro have some guests coming up end of the month), I can't
Old 09-16-07, 12:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by cocopops
hey Phillip

wondering if you still have a spare room in your car . I will try driving up there but if the Lex is gonna be used (my bro have some guests coming up end of the month), I can't
I apologize, but my car will be full. I have two guests with me, and I don't want anyone sitting behind me when I drive the whole 6 hours. If you knew how I comfortably position myself when I drive, you'd understand...
Old 09-16-07, 12:55 AM
cocopops
Pole Position

aww..too bad then.. i will see if the Lex gonna be free. Anyway.. can we drive in a non-lexus car? i understand you wont be parked together with the lexus'es, but is there a parking spot for non-lexus'ers?? I can drive the toyota
Old 09-16-07, 12:56 AM
TecnoSmurf
Lead Lap

I'm interested. But I need to make sure I can get off of work. And have enough money in the bank.
Old 09-16-07, 04:09 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by cocopops
aww..too bad then.. i will see if the Lex gonna be free. Anyway.. can we drive in a non-lexus car? i understand you wont be parked together with the lexus'es, but is there a parking spot for non-lexus'ers?? I can drive the toyota
Everyone and anyone is invited on the convoy: cars, motorcycles, really fast pedalling bikes, etc. Even at EOS, you can bring any car. But the Car Show and Competition is nothing but Lexus.

For the convoy, all that I ask is to be "safe and smart" during the trip. I don't want to bail anyone out of jail during this trip...
Old 09-16-07, 04:10 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by TecnoSmurf
I'm interested. But I need to make sure I can get off of work. And have enough money in the bank.
The best thing to do is to keep the weekend open. Even if you can't make it to EOS, you can always meet up with some of the members before we head over to NorCal...
Old 09-16-07, 07:48 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
really fast pedalling bikes, etc.

Quick Reply: EOS6 SoCal to NorCal Convoy CONFIRMED!!! (Part 2)