CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got the brake TSIB done. Mission Viejo Lexus Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 11:39 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the brake TSIB done. Mission Viejo Lexus Sucks!

Dropped my car off at 8:30 am Saturday. Sandra Bulter comes and assists me. We go into her office and immediately she doesnt know how to use the computer that well. I see her card and she is an Assistant Manager?? And she doesnt know how to work the computer system??

After she imputs my info into the computer I tell her NOT to wash my car. She looks me in the eye and says okay I will not have them wash the car. We go outside and she walks me over to the Loaner Building. While i'm walking with her I tell her AGAIN not to wash my car and she says okay.

I got a ES350 went to the beach, ran errands, etc. I call her a 4 and says my car is going to be ready anytime btw 5-530pm. Okay. Takes 9 hours to change the brake pads? So at 4 I go to the Spectrum to walk around. I then show up at 5:15pm and I go to Sandra and they havent even started on my car!!!

Right when I go there. The tech immediately started working on my car. I waited for 40 min or so from him to finish. He takes it for a test run, then my car disappears for 15 min.

My car pops up and they WASHED IT!!! I immediately expect it and my clear bra edges are all gunked up with this greasy residue. Its probably from their dirty sponges.I was PISSSSSED!! I told her TWICE not to wash my car!! I just left because I just wanted to get out of there. Luckily no scratches.

I ABSOLUTELY hate going to the dealership. My dad is a mechanic and has his own business and I've taken my car to the dealership twice within 15 years. NEVER again.

My 5000 free service is coming up. You betcha I'm skipping that and doing it myself.

I washed my car after I got home and I managed to clean up the clear bra pretty good.

I'm going to email her Monday and Notify their Manager.

SANDRA BUTLER SUCKS!!!
Old 09-15-07, 11:55 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

my dad used to be a mechanic... i guess they think the same.. he also hates the dealership...
Old 09-16-07, 11:29 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by omgitsroy
my dad used to be a mechanic... i guess they think the same.. he also hates the dealership...
Yeah we never gone to the Dealer. We bought a new 2002 Highlander back in 2002. We have 110k miles on it. Its never seen the dealership.

I wanted to give a Lexus dealership a try. Heck they give you a Lexus loaner so I thought that was cool. But no they manageed to screw up a very LITTLE request which I told them TWICE not to do.
Old 09-16-07, 11:36 AM
Swisha
Pole Position

wheres your dad shop?
Old 09-16-07, 11:42 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Dropped my car off at 8:30 am Saturday. Sandra Bulter comes and assists me. We go into her office and immediately she doesnt know how to use the computer that well. I see her card and she is an Assistant Manager?? And she doesnt know how to work the computer system??

After she imputs my info into the computer I tell her NOT to wash my car. She looks me in the eye and says okay I will not have them wash the car. We go outside and she walks me over to the Loaner Building. While i'm walking with her I tell her AGAIN not to wash my car and she says okay.

I got a ES350 went to the beach, ran errands, etc. I call her a 4 and says my car is going to be ready anytime btw 5-530pm. Okay. Takes 9 hours to change the brake pads? So at 4 I go to the Spectrum to walk around. I then show up at 5:15pm and I go to Sandra and they havent even started on my car!!!

Right when I go there. The tech immediately started working on my car. I waited for 40 min or so from him to finish. He takes it for a test run, then my car disappears for 15 min.

My car pops up and they WASHED IT!!! I immediately expect it and my clear bra edges are all gunked up with this greasy residue. Its probably from their dirty sponges.I was PISSSSSED!! I told her TWICE not to wash my car!! I just left because I just wanted to get out of there. Luckily no scratches.

I ABSOLUTELY hate going to the dealership. My dad is a mechanic and has his own business and I've taken my car to the dealership twice within 15 years. NEVER again.

My 5000 free service is coming up. You betcha I'm skipping that and doing it myself.

I washed my car after I got home and I managed to clean up the clear bra pretty good.

I'm going to email her Monday and Notify their Manager.

SANDRA BUTLER SUCKS!!!
I'd have told them I'd be back tomorrow, see ya, I'll keep your loaner. If you ever do go back to the dealer, do it on a rainy day if you can--they won't wash your car.
Old 09-16-07, 11:54 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know how they wash our cars? Do they use anything to wash the wheels or do they just wipe them down? Id hate to see my rims being damaged because of it.
Im going in for the TSIBs and I am going to put a BIG note in the car "DO NOT WASH THE CAR"
Old 09-16-07, 12:34 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Wow that's prety bad, sorry to hear you had a bad first delaership experience. I would go to another dealership though for the 5k. Also, sometimes it's not so much the dealership itself but the service consultant.

Definately put a "No Car Wash" sign in your car next time. Make sure it's a BIG sign and you tape it to the steering wheel. No tiny little post-it or anything, but a huge 8x11 white paper using big black magic marker type sign and lots of scotch tape. Don't laugh, sometimes it's the only way to be sure.
Old 09-16-07, 12:46 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is bad that they ignored your request not to wash the car. But, probably 95-98% of owners like their car washed, so they just get into the habit of running the car through the wash rack before delivery. That's no excuse, but that is the way they operate. There are people on this board who will drop by the Lexus dealer just to get their car washed for free. Gimme a handful of quarters and twenty minutes of time and I'll do a better job than the dealer. Next time put a sign, in English and Spanish, on the steering wheel when you drop off the car.

I would have waited for them to do the service, especially on a Saturday. I find if you tell them you are waiting, and you get there early in the morning, you will get your car back in short order, especially on something standard like a brake pad change. But once they see you going down the street in a loaner all bets are off. The loaner is fine if you just can't wait for the car, but I make it a point to schedule it so I can keep an eye on things. Most service advisors will hurry things along if they see you wandering around the property waiting for your car, and eating their muffins and other free food.

Last edited by Evitzee; 09-16-07 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-16-07, 02:41 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Wow that's prety bad, sorry to hear you had a bad first delaership experience. I would go to another dealership though for the 5k. Also, sometimes it's not so much the dealership itself but the service consultant.

Definately put a "No Car Wash" sign in your car next time. Make sure it's a BIG sign and you tape it to the steering wheel. No tiny little post-it or anything, but a huge 8x11 white paper using big black magic marker type sign and lots of scotch tape. Don't laugh, sometimes it's the only way to be sure.
I'm just going to skip their FREE 5k service and do it myself. My dad has a shop and I can just put it on the lift and do it there.

I don't trust the dealership at all anymore. I just can't believe she ignored my request after asking her twice before I left the dealership. I have a white car and the edges of my clear bra were BLACK. I was furious. This is VERY noticeable on a white car.
Old 09-16-07, 11:42 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my mechanic only takes his lexus to the dealership to do warranty work. otherwise he avoids the dealership like the plague. have you considered callling lexus HQ and complain to them?
Old 09-17-07, 01:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i have yet to hear one good thing about this dealership
Old 09-17-07, 10:14 AM
UNMENDIGO
Rookie

Default i used to date sandra buler

she's psycho...
Old 09-17-07, 10:33 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 744 Likes on 514 Posts

Geez at least at Longo they put a mini cone on your car that says "No Wash"
Old 09-17-07, 11:38 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by UNMENDIGO
she's psycho...
Whoah, are you for reals?

If so, you can't make a statement like that without giving us all the juicy details.....
Old 09-17-07, 11:56 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Whoah, are you for reals?

If so, you can't make a statement like that without giving us all the juicy details.....
Liz is trying to dig out the dirt again.

Quick Reply: Got the brake TSIB done. Mission Viejo Lexus Sucks!