CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

SoCal Hotel recommendation...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-07, 03:12 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SoCal Hotel recommendation...

I'll be taking my family (wife & 4yr old daugher) to SoCal after the Thanksgiving weekend...
Im planning to spend 5 days in Los Angeles/Anaheim and 5 days in San Diego, I'd like to get some Hotel recommandation from SoCal people and people that travel to SoCal recently (its been 7 years since been to SoCal).

Keep in mind that I am a Starwood Preferred Guest memeber (Westin, Sheraton, Luxury Collection, W Hotels etc.) and will be using my 120,000+ points, for one free night equal to approx. 10K points.

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Thanks again,
Old 09-22-07, 03:28 PM
4GRAINR
Lead Lap

If you're SPG, I believe there are two Sheraton Hotels in Anaheim near Disneyland. I've stayed in other SPG hotels in LA (not near Anaheim) and can give you feedback on any of those if you'd like, just send me a PM.

I live in AZ, but travel to LA quite frequently.
Old 09-22-07, 04:15 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo, remember me?

i locked myself out of my gs in portland last year. i just moved right by disneyland as well and have only been here a year, so i've no idea what hotels are good, but i'm sure you know the good korean places around here already, huh?
Old 09-22-07, 04:28 PM
skpark70
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bravo261
yo, remember me?

i locked myself out of my gs in portland last year. i just moved right by disneyland as well and have only been here a year, so i've no idea what hotels are good, but i'm sure you know the good korean places around here already, huh?
How are you doing An,
Im also planning to move to SoCal hope soon, my cousin lives in Irvine.
Nice to hear from you.
Old 09-22-07, 05:19 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Glorietta Bay Inn on Coronado Island in San Diego was fantastic. Nice little historic hotel directly across from the Hotel Del Coronado. Large clean newer room with a fridge/freezer/microwave, continental breakfast in the historic mansion house, beautiful lush grounds, and VERY reasonable prices. Free parking almost right outside your front door also. Would definitely stay there again.

http://www.gloriettabayinn.com/
Old 09-23-07, 12:17 AM
pinoy_islander
Driver School Candidate

The Westin hotel in san diego is very nice and yes they do accept starwood membership. Its located right next to horton plaza and right in the smack of downtown. Plenty of restaurants to go to in downtown for the family, as well as concerts, plays, musicals, etc.
Old 09-23-07, 11:02 AM
rsa supra
Pole Position

The Westin in Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza) is nice, and the one in Horton Center (San Diego) is great. South Coast Plaza is probably a little far from Disneyland if you're going to be going there for several days. Haven't stayed at any of the Sheratons in that area.