CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-07, 08:39 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just post it. It is already public if its on google.
Old 10-20-07, 08:44 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Correct, it was Roo who was found to be a scammer. But bippu-ten was his ex-colleague that "screwed" Roo before, nonetheless they both knew what they were doing.

I would be concerned for your wheels, and try to find a way to get a refund or the address to the shop for more info. That particular group of people have done really poor business practices in the past.

Good luck
OMG...if Bipputen was infact Roo's ex-colleague who screwed over Roo, then im pretty much screwed! Mods should make this a sticky and link it with XoticSC's thread dealing with this whole mess. Im not sure who to trust anymore...but i have a bad feeling about my transaction with Tim @ bipputen...hell, i don't even know if this Tim guy exists...atleast we know what this Roo guy looks like...maybe both these guys are in this whole thing together...who knows.
Old 10-20-07, 09:31 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Who pays the entire amount due, before they get their product.

When i purchased a set of $3000 rims, i put $500 down.

Just a thought.
Old 10-20-07, 09:43 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Thats a good question. In my situation, I paid for the product almost in full, although Bipputen still had to ship the rims from Japan. I initially inquired about paying only a deposit first until they get the rims from Japan. However, i was told that they have lost alot of money in the past where people backed out, so that wasn't an option for them. Now im out $2000...been 5months...and still no rims. I decided to go ahead with a dispute via paypal and informed them i might possibly do a chargeback with my creditcard issuer. Its good that i paid with my creditcard, and i cannot stress this enough to other CL members that if your purchasing bigticket items and paying through paypal...make sure you pay with you creditcard b/c in situations like this, it might save your A**. Gonna contact my lawyer on monday and see how i can move forward with this. Looks like a dejavu of XoticSC's issue with Fetch. Anyway, Im gonna stay on this issue like peanut butter and jelly on toast and keep you guys posted.

Last edited by GS3.0; 10-20-07 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-20-07, 11:36 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

GS3.0 check your pm please.
Old 10-21-07, 11:05 PM
Chappie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Idrewfelix
Correct, it was Roo who was found to be a scammer. But bippu-ten was his ex-colleague that "screwed" Roo before, nonetheless they both knew what they were doing.

I would be concerned for your wheels, and try to find a way to get a refund or the address to the shop for more info. That particular group of people have done really poor business practices in the past.

Good luck
i'm good friends with roo and he's no scammer. he was never "found to be a scammer." this person you're having trouble with is indeed his ex partner timothy pasillas who ran off with money and some of roo's personal belongings, then turned the whole thing on roo. roo didn't know what tim was doing until it was too late. he had too much faith and trust in timothy until it was too late.

roo wasn't to blame for the problems, timothy was. i don't really care if you believe me but roo has plenty of happy customers and people who know the truth. this just goes to prove it. roo totally seperated from this guy and now this guy is having scammming problems. we don't hear any bad stuff about roo scamming anyone now that he's seperated from this guy. funny how the truth comes out when he has nobody to blame it on. i say sue the guy.

Last edited by Chappie; 10-23-07 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-21-07, 11:42 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Chappie
i'm good friends with roo and he's no scammer. this is his ex partner timothy pasillas who ran off with money and some of roo's personal belongings, then turned the whole thing on roo.

roo wasn't to blame. i don't really care if you believe me but he has plenty of happy customers and people who know the truth. this just goes to prove it. roo totally seperated from this guy and now this guy is having scammming problems. we don't hear any bad stuff about roo scamming anyone now that he's seperated from this guy. funny how the truth comes out when he has nobody to blame it on. i say sue the guy.
you ran off with Roo's money and personal belongings?
Old 10-22-07, 12:09 PM
Chappie
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3.0
you ran off with Roo's money and personal belongings?
no, timothy pasillas (bipputen) did...the guy who took your money and that other guy in australia. i talked to roo about this today, he said timothy is using fake names to hide his identity. his real name is timothy pasillas, not timothy michael or hyun. that is really shady! anyway, roo has nothing to do with this guy anymore and said he'll give you all his personal info if you want to pursue this matter legally.
Old 10-22-07, 02:27 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

well if this Tim character is really the culprit behind this whole fiasco, why didn't Roo come out and lay it down for all CL members to know that we should be dealing with this shady character? Something is really shady about this whole thing.

Last edited by GS3.0; 10-30-07 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 03:03 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

well is this Tim character is really the culprit behind this whole fiasco, why didn't Roo come out and lay it down for all CL members to know that we should be dealing with this shady character? Something is really shady about this whole thing.
i believe he did try but no one wanted to believe him or something...
Old 10-22-07, 03:54 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

well is this Tim character is really the culprit behind this whole fiasco, why didn't Roo come out and lay it down for all CL members to know that we should be dealing with this shady character? Something is really shady about this whole thing.
He did, but a few members (won't name) are too stupid or dumb to open their eyes and go "Hmm.. so 2+2 is 4..." and hence when one or two fish start to bite the same hook, the rest come and try to do the same.
Old 10-23-07, 02:58 PM
Chappie
Rookie

Originally Posted by Zephyr
He did, but a few members (won't name) are too stupid or dumb to open their eyes and go "Hmm.. so 2+2 is 4..." and hence when one or two fish start to bite the same hook, the rest come and try to do the same.
exactly, mob mentality

roo was offering up more than a story, he had evidence to back what he was saying but nobody wanted to believe him because someone called him a "crook" and lashed out at him based on what timothy told them. (lies) everyone else jumped on the bashing bandwagon before getting the facts.

it sucks that it came to this. it could have been avoided if people hadn't been so quick to jump to conclusions. (or maybe not if timothy is using fake names like "hyun" to hide his identity) these people are getting taken advantage of by timothy now, but now it forces people to see that roo was telling the truth all along. too bad his name had to be dragged through the mud before the truth was realized.

i say post timothy pasillas (bipputen) info and get it to everyone who got taken advantage of. he is scamming people under a dba, which means you can sue him personally for scamming you
Old 10-23-07, 03:22 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

This thread is not about Roo, please move on from that topic. Roo is not welcome on our forum any longer, regardless of whatever the 'true' circumstances of the issues with sales from his former place of business to our members are.

i say post timothy pasillas (bipputen) info and get it to everyone who got taken advantage of. he is scamming people under a dba, which means you can sue him personally for scamming you
Absolutely do not post his personal information on our forum. You're certainly able to share that information with other members in private.
Old 10-23-07, 04:26 PM
Chappie
Rookie

i didn't make roo the topic, someone else did and they called him a scammer. he's no scammer and i'm sick of his name dragged through the mud when he was taken advantage of and then made the public pinata on here.

is there a reason we can't post timothy's info on the forum? can we pm the personal info to gs3.0?
Old 10-23-07, 05:05 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,268 Likes on 1,377 Posts

i didn't make roo the topic, someone else did and they called him a scammer. he's no scammer and i'm sick of his name dragged through the mud when he was taken advantage of and then made the public pinata on here.

is there a reason we can't post timothy's info on the forum? can we pm the personal info to gs3.0?
I know, but I DID ask you to stop posting about him (and you didn't take my suggestion... please take it now - this is the second time I've asked politely).

As a general rule we do not allow personal information to be posted on our forum. The public Club Lexus forums will not be the medium by which any personal 'retribution' occurs, regardless of the circumstance. Yes of course you can PM it to him, I believe I already suggested that above as well.

Quick Reply: Scammed?