CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-07 | 05:18 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

This is the exact reason why I DO NOT buy big ticket items over the internet. Local shops or local pickups from SoCal members in the classified sections only for me. I like to see my stuff first hand and meet the seller face to face anyways.

I hope this gets resolved swiftly and peacefully.
Old 10-23-07 | 10:14 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

First, let me just make it clear that im not accusing Tim of anything, im merely just trying to find out whether info that i've been getting from members via PM on CL and vipstylecars and circumstances which have lead me to believe are shady, are fact or fiction. At this point, im not going to make assumptions and judge whether Tim is a cheating liar or a man of integrity. My only hope is that he is not the man i think he is, and that he delivers the product promised. Tim has kept good contact with me via email all this time...and this is what he wrote to me today...

"I have always lived up to my integrity. And everyone who knows me will say
the same. I have met forum members from vsc in person and will say nothing
but good things about me. I do not like law suits either, but if someone is going to provoke bashing my business which i have work'd so hard for i am going to take actions because this is all i have and i have workd very hard for it. As other forum member have stated, they have had containers suck in
customs for 1-2+ months and Iam not going to go back and forth w/ you about this and I want this cleard up ASAP so I want to give you your money
back <--- LOOK at that ! if I was trying to scam you then why the ******
would I be "asking" you to give your money back?
People have called me different names, one that you have not included is
TurboTim , I have not called myself anything.
If you contact jdmwheels then you are contacting roo. he is the only
personl running that shady business as of 2 weeks ago when he then ****'d
this former new partner b-love aka brain over for 10k !
Roo is banned from every forum and there are a lot of people after him for
$ he jacked form them, just read the threads about people calling him out.
look at the meet i threw for everyone
http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5989> look at my reputation rating on vsc look at my transaction on there it
will show you everything. my username obviouly is Bippu_Ten
please clear this up on all the forums you posted up on and send me your
paypal email so I can send you some money. I will send you what i have
now since this is comming out of my pocket and will continue sending you
money until your re-fund is paid in full.
btw: I dont answer the phone because iam sick w/ a fever of 104* and have
broncitis right now."

I have asked Tim not to give my refund back, b/c im gonna trust him with my mothers life that he will deliver the product promised. I ask all CL members to keep this thread classy and ask that we keep anything to do with Roo out of this matter b/c his rep has already been established in XoticSC's thread. I will keep everyone updated.
Old 10-30-07 | 02:17 PM
Chappie
Rookie

- i can't believe you believe/trust what timothy is telling you. i guess he can talk and lie his way out of everything.

- we use the same ocean freight company is timothy pasillas, aka bipputen, aka hyun, aka turbotim aka aka aka aka (how many names is he going to use?) and we have recieved two shipments in the past month and i can confirm there were some of his stuff on those shipments. unless he is using a different freight forwarder (very doubtful) there is no container "stuck in customs for 1-2+ months."

- 1-2+ months doesn't even make any sense, can't you see through this? customs doesn't take over two months and your wheels obviously aren't on there. he is trying to offer you "some money" now, to keep quiet on the forums.

- take whatever money you can get back from timothy asap. he may be forced to own up because he's being "called out" on the forums but there's no guarantee and you've already been lied to by him several times. if you don't take this chance to get your money back, you're very likely to get taken and regret not getting your money back while you had the chance.

also, roo's reputation isn't "established" by a bunch of hearsay and libel. need proof that timothy is lying to make roo look bad, take a look at your e-mail that you posted. timothy says: " he then ****'d this former new partner b-love aka brain over for 10k ! Roo is banned from every forum and there are a lot of people after him for$ he jacked form them, just read the threads about people calling him out."

- brian love was never roo's partner, he was just someone roo paid to handle some shipping. roo's partner is a girl named madoka and she lives in japan

- roo had a dispute with brian love over money that he paid brian and gave to him for shipping some products for him (which he was never able to do) and a set of wheels that he literally stole from roo's warehouse (i saw the police report roo filed and everything that went down around it) it was a dispute of something about $550 that brian stole and has nothing to do with $10,000 in fact, brian love was fired from his other job as well as kicked out of his parent's house right after this whole thing went down.

- roo is banned from VSC and club lexus, that is hardly "every forum" and laughable, considering he never posted on VSC to begin with.

- roo didn't jack anyone's money, timothy is obviously just trying to use the hype and twisted hearsay to discredit roo. anyone can go on any forum and call someone a scammer and generate this kind of hype. it's obvious, more than ever, that timothy has always been the one in the wrong. even if a miracle happens and timothy makes this right with you, i give it a few more months before his lies and another person who he scammed comes forward.
Old 10-30-07 | 08:45 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for your sincerity and concern, but DaveGS4 and myself have already asked that we keep Roo out of this thread. This thread deals with my transaction with Tim and only Tim. Posting negative posts about him won't really help my situation here. Whatever you are posting, fact or fiction, you may PM me instead. I've talked to enough members on the CL and VSC forums to believe that Tim will follow through with his word and deliver, and we've kept good contact via email. Besides, Tim knows my concerns and i've already expressed that i will go through with legal proceedings which i've already forwarded his personal info to my lawyer in SoCal if anything goes awry.
Old 10-30-07 | 08:57 PM
brownz
Driver

Did you at least pay using a credit card? Dispute the charge with your credit card company, and let them deal with him. They can and will effortlessly F him sideways if he doesnt recoup the money or prove he has delivered product as said. Every card company provides protection from fraud, even if the payment occured 4 months in the past.

Good luck, if all else fails, track him down and shoot him in the knee.
Old 10-31-07 | 01:54 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

I dont get you GS3.0.... you made this thread to ask members if you were getting scammed, and the majority of us feel that you are. The members that have posted know more about shipping than i do, and they obviously have their opinions on this guy tim. Just by going with what they have already told you,... i would take their advice and get whatever money Tim is offering now, and then focus my energy on getting the rest of it. I don't know what wheels you ordered, but i don't think they are worth this much trouble. Are they really that rare? or did you get that good of a price on them that you would risk losing $2,000? Get your money.... i'm sure you'll find another set of wheels soon enough.
Old 10-31-07 | 03:58 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I deal in the aftermarket industry, and import a lot of parts from overseas... customs do not take 1-2 months. Even during the worst strikes, it was only about 2 week delay. Can this guy at least give you the container # it's supposedly on right now? We can help you locate the status of this container.
Old 11-01-07 | 03:40 PM
Chappie
Rookie

i only bring roo back into the equation when you do. you posted an e-mail from timothy that has crap talking about him and i posted in response to that.

back onto the topic here, you are saying you trust timothy despite

- others having similar troubles with him

- him telling you his real name is korean and he's originally from korea, when he's not korean and never even been to korea.

- him telling you his containers are stuck in customs for periods of time that are not realistic

- him telling you he has a container stuck in customs when he uses the same shipping company as my work and there is nothing stuck in customs

- him refusing to give you any shipping documentation

how can you trust someone after that? if he has nothing to hide, why is he hiding behind e-mails and fake names? it doesn't matter who the seller is, it sounds like he never had any wheels for you and now that he is called out, he's just scrambling to cover up taking your money and running. he offers you some cash to keep quiet and in 4 more months, you will most likely have nothing to show for it. talk is cheap if he doesn't come through.

if he doesn't come through, what are you going to do? small claims court in los angeles? my guess is your travel expenses will offset whatever you win in court. if he is really offering a refund, you're getting a second chance to prevent some damage to your wallet, but i guess if you still want to trust him, it's up to you.

Last edited by Chappie; 11-01-07 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-01-07 | 04:08 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BMwhat?
I dont get you GS3.0.... you made this thread to ask members if you were getting scammed, and the majority of us feel that you are. The members that have posted know more about shipping than i do, and they obviously have their opinions on this guy tim. Just by going with what they have already told you,... i would take their advice and get whatever money Tim is offering now, and then focus my energy on getting the rest of it. I don't know what wheels you ordered, but i don't think they are worth this much trouble. Are they really that rare? or did you get that good of a price on them that you would risk losing $2,000? Get your money.... i'm sure you'll find another set of wheels soon enough.
I dont think GS3.0 trusts Tim. I think that he knows Tim will be updating himself on this thread, and is betting that Tim comes through. If he trusted Tim, he wouldnt have already given preliminary background info to his lawyer. Or am I missing something?

Tim, give him his wheels or refund his money in full. Reputation is everything in life, 2G's in nothing in the scope of things.

Last edited by PushinLEX; 11-02-07 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-01-07 | 07:10 PM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

good luck man hope things goes well that prolly why I prefer to meet anyone I'm trying to sell goods to instead of via phone or email that way they can see whats really going on... sometimes old school ways work best
Old 11-02-07 | 11:01 PM
bens sc
Lead Lap

hell will freeze over before you get your wheels imo.

get the shipment number, if he stalls you for the info, have your attorney drop a letter for you asking for it.

it does sound like your getting scammed. and seems like your being offered help by many here to get it figured out (shipment), you should take advantage.

good luck
Old 11-09-07 | 09:05 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

i proposed that i get my money back until the rims actually do arrive in his hands...Tim agreed to refund out of his own pocket but i haven't heard from him since the 4th. we'll see what happens.
Old 11-09-07 | 10:04 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, its probably a duck....
Old 11-19-07 | 02:09 AM
yoo8317
Driver School Candidate

any update?
Old 11-19-07 | 08:09 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Tim emailed me on November 4th saying he would refund some $$$, not really specifying how much. Didn't contact me until a week after b/c he said he was really sick and incoherent. He didn't refund any funds to my paypal account at all, but he said delivery is on schedule.

Quick Reply: Scammed?