CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-07, 01:23 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tim called me last night and we talked for a good 20mins regarding my transaction and others. He assures me that if my rims aren't on the container thats coming in either today or early next week (confirmed by his shipping broker), then its on the container thats been held by customs for the past couple months. If this is the case, he will either give me a full 100% refund or let me choose another set of rims he'll have on the container arriving that he shipped over for re-sale.

Will keep everyone posted.
Old 11-30-07, 06:50 PM
Torso
Driver School Candidate

Hello CL of South Cal Members,

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Torso. I registered just to post in this thread after doing some searching online. I am a longtime, but not well known member of many Nissan forums(Nico,FreshAlloy,Zilvia,NWN..and a few others).

I was both happy and at the same time found my *** puckering once I found and started reading this thread.

Apparently my rims are "held up" along with yours GS3.0. I bought mine in an Ebay auction....On Jul 02 2007(yep a freakin long time ago)..the name he used then was Timothy Michael..funny..haven't heard that one mentioned in this thread.

Ebay can be a treacherous place. However of all the thousands of dollars that I have spent, all has been without issue with how the transaction went down, and what showed up at my door.Never have I had a problem with anyone..maybe I'm just lucky..maybe my experience is not the norm..who knows. Until Tim of course it now seems.

Tim has been giving me the exact same story as he is giving you GS3.0. From the being sick part, to for some reason not having any container info that he knows that he can share, you would think with all the "trouble" that this container shipment is giving him, it's info would be ingrained in his head....right

It seems though you have had quite a bit more contact with him than I have GS3.0. During your 20min call did he say anything about a customer up in the Seattle area waiting for some SSR rims as well? Anything you can share with me about what was covered during the call would be much appreciated. You can PM me if you like.

The last email response I got from him was this on Oct 25th.

STRT OF MSG

"From: inf*@bipputen.com
Sent: Thu 10/25/07 9:18 PM
To: K B (k*******@hotmail.com)

Sometimes shipping car parts containers do get stuck in customs forhazardus material used as oil,gas,coolant..etc in used motors. Iamstarting to believe this is my true problem w/ the customs hold up. If Ido not have your wheels in a few weeks I will give you a 100% re-fund."

END OF MSG

That was it, no hello, no thank you for your patience, no can you feel me trying to screw you in your ***, does it turn you on? And he calls himself a business man

Grammar is as was by the way.

I just let him have his time..with a bit more just to be kind.

That time has now passed and I sent him an email saying time is way up and lets resolve this now and so far no reply. I sent him a followup email requesting he respond to me, nothing yet..though it only been a couple of days now

I would really love to be kept aware of your situation and if anyone can PM me with more of this guys REAL info it would be much appreciated.

I also appreciate any time those of you who read my post take to reply and comment or PM me...or hell just to have read it all.

I will check back to see if anything new is posted. I also will let you know what happens on my end if there is any interest.

Oh and Lexus makes very fine vehicles by the way, just a tip in case some of you weren't aware

Happy Holidays!

Torso

Last edited by Torso; 11-30-07 at 06:55 PM.
Old 12-05-07, 09:42 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Quick update...

Tim called me last night, dissapointed that my rims were not on the container that just arrived. I was really hoping that my rims were on that container. =(
Anyway, he offered a few options on sets of rims he has on hand that arrived with the current container, but nothing tickled my fancy. I told him there's no point in purchasing rims at this time since its snowing here in Toronto, and i won't be able to slap on any rims till mid-spring. He will be giving me back a full 100% refund.

I will keep you guys updated as soon as i receive funds.
Old 12-10-07, 02:05 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i bought a set of wheels from tim as well on october 15ish. paid him on cotber 17th, and then tim closes his ebay account on november 17th. i was worried and it seemed fishy so i emailed tim to get an update. i did not hear anything from him at all so i filed a dispute resolution with paypal. then i got a response from tim saying that he was sick and cant do much right now. he was disappointed that i started a dispute and if i didnt close the dispute then i would never see my wheels or my money ever again. and he ended the sentence with exclamations. so after that i sent him an email saying im just doing this to protect myself just in case and i can always close the dispute as long as i get some kind of confirmation or he contacts me on the phone. never heard from him since. no email replies or phone calls. i escalated by dispute with paypal as of today and he has 10 days to respond.

the way it went down was as following:

i bought the wheels on ebay from an ebay user name: ihateford. the paypal linked to this auction was d1imports@yahoo.com. i paid that paypal at the close of the auction and waited. then on november 17, 2007 ihateford ebay account was closed. thats when i got worried. i email d1imports and received the following email:

ihateford is NOT my ebay account. if u purchased any items from "ihateford" u have purchased from Tim-Bippu Ten. if u have any questions about ur order, please contact Tim at (909)967-1984 or email Tim bipputen@yahoo.com. . Tim will no longer be borrowing my paypal (d1 imports). if u would like to request a refund or file any complaints, please do so towards Tim's paypal ( bippuparts@yahoo.com ) .
thank you,
Ray
D1 Imports

i contacted that provided email address and i received two emails from tim. one saying that i will get tracking number when the shipment comes in and the other one....well decide for yourself what its suppose to mean.

iam extremly upset that you have opend a dispute w/ d1imports. Close the dispute now or you wont see you wheels or your money! iam been trying to keep in contact with you the best I can besides my very poor health right now. This is realy disapointing and upsetting that you would open a dispute after all of this.
please close the dispute now so we can continue doing business and I can assure your delivery of your wheels
thank you

after that i have not heard ANYTHING from tim or anyone else about my wheels.

make your own decision about this guy. i have made mine. he seems like a scammer to me. i paid for my wheels with a credit card and ill have my CC reverse the transaction to get my money back. good luck to all.

this is the information that i have for the people that i have been in contact with regarding this situation. maybe this will held someone.

Ray at d1imports
Phone: 714-520-1592
Email: d1imports@yahoo.com
Paypal: d1imports@yahoo.com

Tim
Phone: 909-967-1984
Email: bipputen@yahoo.com
Paypal: bippuparts@yahoo.com
Ebay account: ihateford (closed as of November 17, 2007)
Old 12-10-07, 02:35 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

This is ridiculous guys.
I hope all of you get your money back.

It is ashame that these scammers exist...I can't believe people can take other people's HARD EARNED money like that...

=\
Old 12-10-07, 08:35 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

This is some shady business. Hope you guys get your money back.
Old 12-10-07, 09:33 PM
Torso
Driver School Candidate

I figured I would toss in an update of sorts for my "deal". He sent me this.

Re: You need to contact me ASAP‏
Sent: Wed 12/05/07 2:25 AM
To: K. Brown (k******b@hotmail.com)

we will settle this soon i had no intention on not following threw

END OF MESSAGE

That was it, nothing more..no sig..no just that

I have heard nothing more since. I am about to make a few calls regarding this.

This guy cannot think he can just walk on this, or all these others. Foolish choices he is making.

Torso
Old 12-10-07, 09:47 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Torso
I figured I would toss in an update of sorts for my "deal". He sent me this.

Re: You need to contact me ASAP‏
Sent: Wed 12/05/07 2:25 AM
To: K. Brown (k******b@hotmail.com)

we will settle this soon i had no intention on not following threw

END OF MESSAGE

That was it, nothing more..no sig..no just that

I have heard nothing more since. I am about to make a few calls regarding this.

This guy cannot think he can just walk on this, or all these others. Foolish choices he is making.

Torso
Goodluck man...
try getting everyone togehter and maybe get 1 lawyer...

That way you guys can save on the lawyer fees...

I hope you guys NAIL this sucker hardd!
Old 12-10-07, 09:47 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i got an update too. i called d1imports and finally got a hold of Ray. apparently he is Tims friend and thats whos paypal i paid for my wheels. he told me that he is coming back from a snowboarding trip and he talked to Tim 5 days ago. Tim told him that he has a container coming in this week and he has like 20 sets of wheels to ship out.

Ray told me he will get Tim to call me. He told me that if i cant get a hold of Tim he will personally drive to him and make him talk to me. seemed like a cool guy but i dont know.

BS or not thats the info i got. so hopefully waiting on phone call and explanation of everything thats going on.

keep posted.
Old 12-10-07, 10:17 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

I just want ot say that i appreciate all the feedback and everyone's help here on CL...and im with all you other peeps waiting for your product, or like me...my money. Im sure Tim knows the severity of this whole fiasco, b/c legal proceedings will ultimately be the outcome if he doesn't pull through all these transactions and promises.

I emailed him few days ago asking if i can get my refund ASAP, and he told me as soon as he gets rid of some of the merchandise...specifically rims...he will refund me right away.

Im hoping i get my money back soon b/c i know im gonna need it in Jan. when i get my credit card bill in the mail. =(

Lets see what happens in the next few days...
Old 12-11-07, 09:19 PM
Hubert
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I do not have a Lexus but a 240sx.

I also made a transaction with ihateford on ebay. I paid on 9/30/07 and keep getting the same excuses. I have not had any contact with him since 11/20/07.

I've also talked to Ray and gave me the same story about letting Tim use his account.

I've done more searching and looks like some guys from the supraforums also have gotten scammed.

If he's really gotten a container in I hope I get my wheels but I'm not holding my breath.
Old 12-12-07, 12:55 AM
IS250HuNnY
Lead Lap

so it seems like the answer to the original question of the thread "scammed?" is yes. sucks there are people that would do this

good luck though
Old 12-12-07, 07:29 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

A few of the peeps i spoke with on www.vipstylecars.com have vouched for Tim, but they say he takes longer than expected to deliver merchandise since he probably doesn't deal with a "big-name" shipping brokerage. Again, im sure he'll deliver, but the question is when.
Old 12-12-07, 11:13 AM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Just keep the updates coming man...
And is it reallly worth the wait and the scary feeling that you might never see your money again?

I say either way...Ask for the refund..and when the stuff comes in you can pay him...that way you at least have some secuirty...

The later it gets...the more questionable a chargeback from your credit card company is!
Old 12-12-07, 11:56 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Update...

Got in contact with EstimaStyleWgnClub on vipstylecars.com said he was refunded his money back in person and was given a special discount on the set of rims he just bought from Tim.

Quick Reply: Scammed?