CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-07 | 01:35 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

you guys have a lot of patience for this slacker/scammer. He could possibly already have changed all his contact information now, and there's no way to ever track him down.
Old 12-30-07 | 11:22 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

To those involved in this matter and who I haven't already contacted, please PM me details of their transactions with Tim. I have a business trip down in Cali next month, so anyone involved in this matter please feel free to PM me contact info as well.

This matter has been long overdue...
Old 01-02-08 | 02:21 PM
VW Mike
Driver School Candidate

Angry

^^I don't know how to send PM's on here, but i've also gotten hosed by ihateford on ebay. i ordered a set of SSR LM-9 staggered 18's back in September and got the complete run-around. I did get a letter from UPS from them stating that there was a delay on the shipping of the wheels, and now when i look at my paypal, it says that the items were shipped via ups and received by me on the date that i received the letter. m.f.b.s!!!!!

if anybody here's anything about these guys or gets your situation resolved
PLEASE CONTACT ME!!
Old 01-03-08 | 09:34 PM
yoo8317
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
you guys have a lot of patience for this slacker/scammer. He could possibly already have changed all his contact information now, and there's no way to ever track him down.
yes, if a cop wanna get him. they can always do it. everything we did there is a record.
Old 01-05-08 | 05:06 PM
Imsc300
Advanced

I got scammed too GS3.0.I paid tim on june 30th and still haven't received my wheels.
Old 01-07-08 | 03:22 AM
dazedg
Driver School Candidate

+1 scammed
Old 01-07-08 | 09:48 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Seems like this guy like to scammed people from Canada and out of state. Maybe he knows if he scam someone locally he can get **** in big trouble with the law. Anyways i wish you all good luck getting your money refunded and issues resolve. This guy needs no remorse. Hope he dies and burns in hell.
Old 01-07-08 | 10:15 AM
ek9vboi
Lexus Champion

The reason why he is scamming people from out of state/country is because more then likely none of these people are willing to fly or drive to him to do anything about it.

PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!
1) Paying with PayPal use credit cards as a source of money
2) If the item is recieved within 2 months... let alone 2-3 weeks, get worried unless a prior shipping date has been arranged. (tracking # or not)
3) Call your credit card company to do a chargeback after 1 month, or 29 days. Some companies only allow 30 days to do a chargeback.
4) They give you the run around for 3 months because they already know how PayPal and CC works. You are given a set amount of time to dispute it.
Old 01-07-08 | 10:27 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Ok here's a quick update...

Tim has rushed delivered a money order/cashiers cheque via UPS for the total amount i gave him via paypal. This was sent this past weekend, so i should be receiving this cheque at my office either today or wednesday latest. Thanks for those who emailed me or spoke to me regarding their transactions with Tim, and those who purchased indirectly through d1imports. Im not sure what the deal is with Tim and D1Imports, but on my business trip next week down in LA, i was going to follow through with a lawsuit with my lawyer, however, i have agreed not to follow suit if my transaction with Tim is resolved.

I'll keep you guys updated...
Old 01-07-08 | 12:18 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

All this headache over ONE SHADY CHARACTER

Old 01-09-08 | 03:33 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Gabe:

any updates??
Old 01-09-08 | 04:22 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

cashiers cheque for $2000 was delivered to my office this afternoon via UPS...im going to deposit it tomorrow morning and wait for my banker to clear it...what can i say...i can finally sleep at night. lol

will keep you guys updated
Old 01-12-08 | 04:21 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

just a quick update...

left the cashiers cheque with my banker, but there's a 1 week hold on the cheque (standard procedure) due to the fact that its a US cashiers cheque and a large amount, plus they have to make sure there's no notes or holds on it...

Once its cleared i'll let you guys know.
Old 01-17-08 | 02:37 PM
yoo8317
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GS3.0
just a quick update...

left the cashiers cheque with my banker, but there's a 1 week hold on the cheque (standard procedure) due to the fact that its a US cashiers cheque and a large amount, plus they have to make sure there's no notes or holds on it...

i don't understand why you still trust him. i think you should just do what you can do.
Old 01-17-08 | 03:21 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Originally Posted by GS3.0
just a quick update...

Gabe,

did the check cleared?

Quick Reply: Scammed?