CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-07, 10:30 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammed?

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with a local import parts shop in SoCal called Bipputen (www.bipputen.com)? They seem to be well known in the VIP scene. Reason why im asking is b/c i bought a set of rims 4 months ago and they still haven't arrived. Been really patient with the owner (Tim Michaels aka Hyun), but its been 4 months. The rims are coming from Japan, but they used, so i was thinking it would take 2 months at the most to ship these to me. Kinda getting worried that this guy might have taken me for a sucker.

Last edited by GS3.0; 10-17-07 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-15-07, 10:33 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if its used wheels....it doesn't take 4 months to ship. heck, AME can make a new set of wheels and ship it in 2 months!!
Old 10-15-07, 10:34 AM
j stuff
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may want to ask vipstylecars.com more people there may be familiar with them

And no it doesnt take that long to ship used wheels UNLESS they are coming from a company that only ships out wheels when they reach a certain quota to save on shippping costs.

But if they are used i really doubt that is the issue. Sometimes things do get delayed in customs for over a week but who knows.

I would ask more questions to them
Old 10-15-07, 11:50 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

find out if they're shipping to the US first, then shipping to you in canada. also, if shipping on boat to US first, ask for the etd and vessel name and voyage; i'll see if i can check for you.

by the way, it only took 10 wks, from order placement to door delivery for me to get new wheels from Work/Japan.
Old 10-15-07, 06:21 PM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you didn't get screwed. The website looks really shady.
Try running a 411 trace on the phone number.
Old 10-15-07, 06:30 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Definately check with the VIPstylecar guys. I've heard good things about Bipputen over there so I hope you get your wheels.
Old 10-15-07, 07:35 PM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

They should be arriving from Japan in SoCal port and then shipped to me in Toronto. I have a friend who works for Maersk and he already advised me to ask those questions regarding ETD, vessel, container #, but that info won't be released to me b/c it apparently "will hinder the security" of his shipment according to Tim @ bipputen. Im speculating that he didn't have a full container load and delayed shipping, but scared to tell me that. Again, thats just my speculation. BenjaminT here on CL purchased his A/X rims from Tim @ bipputen, so im hoping its just a minor shipping mishap on his end. I've already posted on www.vipstylecars.com, so hopefully they can help me on this issue.
Old 10-15-07, 09:08 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

thats a possible chance.
if it makes u feel any better, Asia has been hit with bad weather and typhoons lately. But 4 months is excessive.

"...hinder the security..." = B/S, sorry. I've been in the logistics industry for years. Tim should be up front with you and give you the 411 on your shipment, no matter the reason. And even if he didnt' have a FCL, why can't he ship it in a consol?

GL!
Old 10-17-07, 08:05 AM
GS3.0
Lexus Test Driver

came across this thread on the nissansilvia forums.

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/i...88&hl=bipputen

i hope this ain't just coincidence.
Old 10-17-07, 01:54 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

if you want it that bad, tell him to fedex it. guarantee the charges to him, so long as he prepays it first. all up to u.
Old 10-17-07, 06:37 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

wait... this thing kinda rings a bell.. I THINK that dude drives a lexus n was on this forum.. n was found to be a scammer. but i maybe wrong.. but hmm... looks familiar.. same story too.. hmm..
Old 10-17-07, 06:38 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

o yea it says 909 so hes prolly in the riverside area.. if anything wrong happens.. pay him a visit
Old 10-17-07, 07:19 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

doesnt he have a gloria painted white now?
Old 10-18-07, 05:36 AM
SUPRMSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
wait... this thing kinda rings a bell.. I THINK that dude drives a lexus n was on this forum.. n was found to be a scammer. but i maybe wrong.. but hmm... looks familiar.. same story too.. hmm..
Correct, it was Roo who was found to be a scammer. But bippu-ten was his ex-colleague that "screwed" Roo before, nonetheless they both knew what they were doing.

I would be concerned for your wheels, and try to find a way to get a refund or the address to the shop for more info. That particular group of people have done really poor business practices in the past.

Good luck
Old 10-18-07, 09:54 AM
sgv_bum
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i came cross his address on google by type in the contact # he has on his website.... i dont know if i should post the address up .. dont want to get in trouble

Quick Reply: Scammed?