CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Pinkberry in OC...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-07, 09:04 AM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are they opening a pinkberry at the irvine spectrum??
Old 10-18-07, 09:07 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

^yes - it's planned in the near future.
Old 10-18-07, 09:52 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been to Yogurtland in Irvine (Walnut/Jeffrey) 5 different times at different hours and have never had to wait more than 15-20 mins. I haven't been to Pinkberry's but I've heard that it's more expensive than Yogurtland and you don't even get to choose/make your own yogurt cup. At Yogurtland, you choose your own yogurt and toppings and they charge $.30/ounce with unlimited toppings. I don't think any of the other places do that. So to Yogurtland.

There is also a Kiwiberry that'll be opening across from Yogurtland in Irvine, just an FYI.
Old 10-18-07, 11:11 AM
Hi im SHON
Pole Position

yeah diddy reese, i also went to pinkberry in westwood, had a hard time finding parking late night.

pinkberry+hooka! in westwood
Old 10-18-07, 12:36 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

haha pinkberry.

Pinkberry should have sold it's franchise when there was a huge offer for it. They over-valued their product and brand name.

Now it has to put up with all these look a likes, this is going to force prices to go down. It's great for consumers.

and btw, pinkberry and the like gets played out, especially when there is one on every block now.

Last edited by mikemareen; 10-18-07 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-18-07, 01:45 PM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

I don't see how people can wait more than 10 minutes for fricken yogurt!

Has anyone tried Mochilato in Irvine on Culver? Yum!
Old 10-18-07, 02:30 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

waiting 20 minutes to pay 4 dollars for a yogurt ? did it once, felt like a fool.
Old 10-18-07, 02:40 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
ur talkin bout diddy reese.. pretty good.. hmm isnt there a pinkberry in like laguna beach? or newport? i wanna go where the scenery is dope.. and maybe get on MTV, haha

Diddy Reese is bomb. Too bad they raised their prices

Originally Posted by AM1
been to that place. pretty good. is pinkberry really that good?
Yes.

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
I've been to Yogurtland in Irvine (Walnut/Jeffrey) 5 different times at different hours and have never had to wait more than 15-20 mins. I haven't been to Pinkberry's but I've heard that it's more expensive than Yogurtland and you don't even get to choose/make your own yogurt cup. At Yogurtland, you choose your own yogurt and toppings and they charge $.30/ounce with unlimited toppings. I don't think any of the other places do that. So to Yogurtland.

There is also a Kiwiberry that'll be opening across from Yogurtland in Irvine, just an FYI.
You should try Pinkberry.

Originally Posted by Hi im SHON
yeah diddy reese, i also went to pinkberry in westwood, had a hard time finding parking late night.

pinkberry+hooka! in westwood
My homegirl works at Gypsy..

Originally Posted by mikemareen
haha pinkberry.

Pinkberry should have sold it's franchise when there was a huge offer for it. They over-valued their product and brand name.

Now it has to put up with all these look a likes, this is going to force prices to go down. It's great for consumers.

and btw, pinkberry and the like gets played out, especially when there is one on every block now.
Thats what they said about Starbucks.
Old 10-18-07, 10:29 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mikemareen
haha pinkberry.

just ran across this....

Maveron leads $27.5M investment in yogurt chain

Maveron LLC, which was co-founded by Starbucks Corp. Chairman Howard Schultz, led a $27.5 million Series A financing of Los Angeles yogurt chain Pinkberry.

Pinkberry has 33 yogurt stores in Los Angeles and New York.

Dan Levitan, co-founder of the Seattle-based Maveron venture capital firm, said the investment was a "remarkable opportunity."

"As consumers look for new ways to satisfy their appetite for healthier food, we believe that Pinkberry's products, environment and culture deliver the recipe for success," Levitan said in a statement.

Schultz, founder and chairman of Seattle-based Starbucks (NASDAQ: SBUX), said Pinkberry is a "cultural phenomenon."

src : http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/pro...016&id=7638889
Old 10-18-07, 11:43 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

remember when boba places were everywhere? and notice how many of them are closing down? yea that's what it will be like for these yogurt places eventually. coffee is different.
Old 10-19-07, 12:08 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

it will last as long as TCBY
Old 10-19-07, 12:21 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Technically its not yogurt because yogurt can only be made at the retail location. Pinkberry brings their product in from some outside source. Had to write about this for my Business writing final last semester.

I have heard its good though.
Old 10-19-07, 12:48 AM
TheMole
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pingu
Technically its not yogurt because yogurt can only be made at the retail location. Pinkberry brings their product in from some outside source. Had to write about this for my Business writing final last semester.

I have heard its good though.

I remember reading an article about how real yogurt has to have a certain amount of bacteria to be considered yogurt. Pinkberry's did not meet the criteria so its not actually "yogurt".