CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Southern California evacuations

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 05:08 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post Southern California evacuations

Hi,

A thought for all the people that have been forced to leave their home in the San Diego area to get away from the fires.

I my case, we pack the whole family, 2 kids and 3 adults in the bigger car, a Mercedes GL and took the road up north leaving the Lexus and the home behind... Right now we are safe in a hotel in the LA area waiting for the blazes to cool down.

We were very fortunate and far-sighted to leave before the evacuation order come down so we could avoid traffic and confusion on the road.

The fire do not seem to have reach our home, so we are still good. But the flames are still ragging all across the San Diego area and we are still not at peace.

A lot of people didn't get as fortunate, and plenty of homes and few lifes have been lost.
Old 10-22-07, 05:14 PM
BKE420
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just glad to hear you and your family got out safely....Lexus is replaceable....your family isn't. I hope you make it back home soon with no damage to your home....and of course....your baby in the garage.

God forbid there be a next time....but pack the wifey and kids in the Benzo...and you follow in the Lexus:-)
Old 10-22-07, 05:31 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

I though about that, wifey and kids in the Merc and me in the Lex, but that was not an option, only I can drive the Merc off road, and that did help quite a bit driving around the traffic and not getting stuck for hours on the 5 like most people did.
Old 10-22-07, 05:32 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Glad you're safe man. I'm still waiting to see if I need to evac soon or not. Foothill Ranch/Rancho Santa Margarita aka Santiago Canyon fire...
Old 10-22-07, 05:46 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad that you got out ahead of time and are safe.

This is some crazy stuff going on - half of California is burning away and it's a "State of Emergency" in 7 counties already.

The 101 fwy is a huge mess right now, I just saw 4 fire trucks (with a news van right behind it) trying to go down the freeway. I don't know how I'm going to get home, I might just hang out and get some dinner then go home later.
Old 10-22-07, 05:57 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you leave the Lex on the street/down the driveway
Old 10-22-07, 06:01 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuan92129
Did you leave the Lex on the street/down the driveway
Yes, with the doors open... and the address is...
Old 10-23-07, 12:48 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i hope we get some humdity and lower wind.
Old 10-23-07, 01:14 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by timeToy
Yes, with the doors open... and the address is...
glad you kept a sense of humor throughout this ordeal.

Good thing you guys got out fast, if you need any help in the LA area, us CL members would be more than glad to help in anyway we can possible!
Old 10-23-07, 10:13 AM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the help offering, at this point we are chilling out in a nice hotel with oceans view, so we are all good, actually given that the fire is relatively far from our home we are not too concerned and we are trying to make the best out of this forced vacation.
Old 10-23-07, 10:23 AM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

A business acquaintance lost a barn and storage area yesterday in Canyon Country. No horses or pets lost but he let his six horses loose before the fire started. He did stick around and was able to douse embers that flew onto his rooftop (saving the house and garage that has a classic 1957 T-Bird and 1955 Eldorado). His barn lit up because a eucalyptus (sp?) tree ignited like a match. Before he can run over to the other side of his house where he had a hose line already connected (he was pumping water out of his pool), it was too late.
Old 10-23-07, 12:28 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the help offering, at this point we are chilling out in a nice hotel with oceans view, so we are all good, actually given that the fire is relatively far from our home we are not too concerned and we are trying to make the best out of this forced vacation.

Keep your head up. Its amazing how positive you seem to be
Did you bring pictures, memorabilia, and other non-replaceables with u?

Originally Posted by Bushwack
A business acquaintance lost a barn and storage area yesterday in Canyon Country. No horses or pets lost but he let his six horses loose before the fire started. He did stick around and was able to douse embers that flew onto his rooftop (saving the house and garage that has a classic 1957 T-Bird and 1955 Eldorado). His barn lit up because a eucalyptus (sp?) tree ignited like a match. Before he can run over to the other side of his house where he had a hose line already connected (he was pumping water out of his pool), it was too late.
Man sorry to hear about your friend. Another thing overlooked in this ordeal are the pets. Poor things must be tripping out. Make sure you guys watch over them. Eucalptus tress are about as flameable as kerosine. The leaves are packed with oils and the embers stay lit and carry for miles and miles.

Our best hope is to pray for the winds to die down; rain, i'm afraid, is not likely to be seen.
Old 10-26-07, 01:59 PM
timeToy
Lexus Test Driver

Hi everyone, I'm back in my house, the house is indeed still here, as is the Lexus, everything is fine, albeit a little ashy, but nothing that a broom and a garden hose can't handle.

Thanks for everyone support.
Old 10-26-07, 04:55 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi everyone, I'm back in my house, the house is indeed still here, as is the Lexus, everything is fine, albeit a little ashy, but nothing that a broom and a garden hose can't handle.

Thanks for everyone support.
Thanks goodness everything turned out o.k.