CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Stupid Scammers

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-07, 04:23 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Stupid Scammers

I have been looking for a car these past few weeks and there are some that seem like a good deal, but when they reply back to my emails, I seem to be getting the same message.

"Hello,

I'm the owner of the vehicle which you've recently show interest. The car is in excellent shape and in perfect running condition and it has a clean title. I am located in Orlando (Florida) now and the car will be shipped from here on my expense.
The transaction will be made through buySAFE Company for our own protection. You will have 7 days to inspect and test drive it upon arrival with no obligation to buy. Should the car not be exactly as described, you can cancel the deal, and get a full refund of your money. If you wish to go on, please get back to me and give me your full name and your address. I am waiting for your response with any questions you may have.

Thanks in advance!
Sincerely,"

The funnies one was a guy claiming he was in London because he was in the military, but the car was in Florida, but since he was in the military he could ship for free using millitary planes, ect... All I asked was what type engine was in the car and he replied with this type message
and they are posted in socal classified sections

I always reply with " I will be in that city for business this week, please provide info of where I can look at the car. If all goes well I can drive it home"
just as expected, I never here from them again. I Wonder why

Why can people just work hard and make a decent living without trying to scam people.

CL members stay alert

Last edited by GS FONZy; 11-02-07 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-02-07, 04:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

see that way too often
Old 11-03-07, 02:08 AM
cbrasian
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah same problem when i was shopping for another motorcycle I got that from as far as germany and japan