CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

**3rd Annual SoCal Holiday Meet, Sunday Dec 9th - Official thread (Reg. CLOSED)**

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 02:13 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

just refresh often and wait+hope someone drops their spot.
Old 12-06-07, 08:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
if the registration is closed.. does that mean we cant attend?
i believe liz mentioned before, you can still come but no guaranteed parking (you can park somewhere and come) and no guaranteed room for lunch / raffle
Old 12-06-07, 09:00 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is parking going to be based on model & color ? I think that would be nice.
Old 12-06-07, 09:06 AM
D1GP
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
read several posts above, liz able to find more spots. that's the rule of the game, you just got to check back often
i totally understand about checking back often, but shouldn't there be a waiting list?? I just thought it will be the most fair way to conduct..
I will still be there this Sunday, but just thought it will be nice if we all can park together. Thats all.
Old 12-06-07, 09:22 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i believe liz mentioned before, you can still come but no guaranteed parking (you can park somewhere and come) and no guaranteed room for lunch / raffle
Wait I thought additional people weren't allowed because the 1) the parking lot is full and 2) the max number of people in the banquet room is 80ish?

Edit: Reread earlier posts: parking isn't guaranteed, not on the list means you can't enter the raffle and I believe you can't actually enter the banquet room (because of being at capacity)

Last edited by Allen K; 12-06-07 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-06-07, 09:41 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Is parking going to be based on model & color ? I think that would be nice.
hartawan, I believe the goal is to group each model together. however, to break it down even further may be a challenge since cars will be arriving within a 1.5 hr window. we'll do our best.
Old 12-06-07, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

well i am no organizer of this event, but just trying to help out. of course liz has all the last say

allen, to me that's a parking lot. liz can rope off certain section for people who are registered. other people, i don't see why they can't park somewhere else and walk to to meet with people and talk. it's a public place, i am sure there are parking elsewhere, on the street or whatever. for sure the banquet room won't fit and won't be eligible for raffle, i believe i read it before.

D1GP, yup i agree it would be nice to have a waiting list. i haven't really said much on the whole registration on this event even though i read so many complaints, but i will tell you what.

i was one of the head organizers of EOS, people know it's one of the biggest meet in the nation with over 100 cars constantly. we had 5-6 core people working 5-6 hours a day for 4 months for it, including an online signup process. but guess what? there was NO waiting list, never. once we reached capacity? we shut down registration. no waiting list, no swap list, etc...

organizing a meet isn't easy, and this time liz is doing it all by herself. i can see the amount of stress she has over the past month working on all the details. keep in mind this is not the normal get together parking lot meet at starbucks. she has to work on parking, talk to restaurant, coordinate with vendors, maintain signup list, and all the other logistics.

it's a lot of work. i had been there before so i know. i am not siding with liz, but i just hope everyone to be more considerate and appreciate what liz has done here. there are always things to improved, and by all means any of you can do your own meet to the level of what liz is doing or even EOS scale. i for sure appreciate very much what liz has done here

this is not finger pointing to any of you, so please don't take it offensively. but it's just a general observation i see over the past couple of weeks. i dealt with a lot more ugly crap when i was the organizer, it's no fun
Old 12-06-07, 12:23 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 748 Likes on 518 Posts

Yeah, I just misread/incorrectly remembered what was said earlier in the thread. Liz is really working her tail off trying to get things to go somewhat smoothly, and some people don't seem to realize it.
Old 12-06-07, 01:26 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well said romnil...it is what it is and the rules haven't changed, I commend Liz on sticking by her guns and working real hard to make it as fair as possible.
Old 12-06-07, 02:56 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

i'll be there just before 12 so save me a spot with the 2GS's or you can put me next to tony in his SC
Old 12-06-07, 03:09 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by D1GP
I was #51 & #52 on the list awhile back and i was told the registration closed @ #50?? how come there are 54 spots now?! !!!
This was from page 13!
i totally understand about checking back often, but shouldn't there be a waiting list?? I just thought it will be the most fair way to conduct..
I will still be there this Sunday, but just thought it will be nice if we all can park together. Thats all.
Actually, Kari and Chris were #51 and #52 on thread page #8.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...30#post3047330

I closed registration on page #9

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=316795&page=9

There were a ton of people who posted prior to you - you just didn't know that registration was closed and added yourself to the list.

Also, you and I have had pm exchanges. I urged you to keep checking back as it's first come first serve for sign ups.

A couple days ago I did a final head count for Club Lexus members and sponsors attending and realized I had room for 4 more people. I hope this clears a few things up.
Old 12-06-07, 03:14 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by zoomtt
Thanks to reamemiya.
He messaged me that I can have his spot. He also said he will post after this to vouch for me
I replaced his name on #34 with mine.

34. ZommTT - Edsel - 2IS
I got it and master list has been updated in post #2.
Old 12-06-07, 04:43 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Please update my name to t.is350.h-thuyen-2IS. Thanks.
Old 12-06-07, 05:01 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
Please update my name to t.is350.h-thuyen-2IS. Thanks.
Updated.
Old 12-06-07, 05:16 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Talking

2 more days to go!!!!

A few last minute reminders:

Please drive onto lot carefully and quickly. The local cops are fairly cool, but let's not do anything to call too much attention ourselves.

Be careful in the parking lot! This is a shared lot with Costco and other businesses plus our group, so there will be lots of cars driving around. The last thing we need is a fender bender.

Please check in as soon as you arrive to get a nametag and raffle ticket. We will assist you with parking.

Bring CASH for lunch.

**If you aren't on the list, you can still come to the meet and hang out in parking lot, but please don't park in our designated area.**

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE THERE!!!!

Quick Reply: **3rd Annual SoCal Holiday Meet, Sunday Dec 9th - Official thread (Reg. CLOSED)**