CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Got a Ref Ticket Today

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-07, 05:28 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Guillermo, you got pulled over before for engine mods right? I remembered a while back there was a thread about it. Not sure though. Anyways, I want to pay for the infraction. There is usually on option on the ticket that allow you to pay the heavy fine right?? Or you Must go see the ref?? I'm still on sure on that.

Originally Posted by guillermo
just pay the fine,
you can try fixing the other infractions,but if you do that they will send you to the ref good luck
Old 11-19-07, 05:29 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Socal Cops are dicks.. This guy even compliment my car before he gave me the ticket. What a F*** Hater.
Old 11-19-07, 05:47 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesN
This guy even compliment my car before he gave me the ticket. What a F*** Hater.
OMG....this story just gets worse and worse. What a tool....
Old 11-19-07, 05:50 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Socal Cops are dicks.. This guy even compliment my car before he gave me the ticket. What a F*** Hater.
word??? man... thats cold!!! sorry to hear about what happened bro... good luck getting that worked out. and lets us know how it goes. do your lights lite up wht or red when you brake?
Old 11-19-07, 05:52 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the kind words guys. Thats why I love this community soo much.

My light is red when brake. But Turn signal is white. He got me for the turn signal.
Old 11-19-07, 06:28 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Thanks for the kind words guys. Thats why I love this community soo much.

My light is red when brake. But Turn signal is white. He got me for the turn signal.
what a d1ck!! so then how the hell did he go from turn signal to the engine bay?
Old 11-19-07, 07:00 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poor u..
well not ALL cops are dicks :\

my neighbor who is a cop.. hes really chill with my friends n i (all modified cars) one day while he was riding on his bike.. he saw all of us just chillin in front of my house and he just said on his loud speaker "FAST N THE FURIOUS" thought that was pretty funny :]...

then..
this other time.. after we finished a canyon run.. we went back to this.. outlet mall area to pick up my friend's truck.. a cop with ALL his lights off creeps up behind us.. i was the first to so see.. soo im like oh ****.. COP COP COP.. my friend tried to bail by just driving slow out.. but cop blocked all of us..

he was like "soo where u guys racing .. dont gimme that bull ****" my friend was like we were getting ready to go go kart racing (even though it wa slike 3AM).. and he gave the cops free coupons.. and so forth... and the cop was Super chill after that.. he was like just drive off.. drive safe.. and all :]

just MOST of the cops are bad.. while SOME others are nice n chill
Old 11-19-07, 07:26 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

This is why I do subtle mods to my car (still look stockish). The attention and hassle is never worth it for me
Old 11-19-07, 09:55 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

just pay for the ticket James.. I think it should be 500-600 bucks or so for your first time. Price might double if you get caught a second time.

To prevent you from getting another ref ticket, you should install the stock intake so they wont know that you have a different motor. I'm sure a 1jz intake would work with the 2jz..

OR

If you want to keep your aftermarket intake, I would try to slice open a stock intake tubing to wrap the aluminum intake and make an airbox with a ram air scoop drawing air from under to cover up the cone filter.

Or just paint the Intake and charge pipes in a wrinkle flat black finish with an airbox covering the cone filter.
Old 11-19-07, 10:12 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by juiSCee
what a d1ck!! so then how the hell did he go from turn signal to the engine bay?
Didnt you know that CA cops can legally tell you to pop your hood? My friend got pulled over in Pasadena b/c of his big exhaust, and then told him to pop the hood. My friend knows his laws and everything was legal in his car. I think the cop was pissed off because he couldnt get him for anything and decided to follow us for about 3 miles.
Watch out for those biker cops... they got lidar too.
Old 11-19-07, 10:27 PM
guillermo
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Guillermo, you got pulled over before for engine mods right? I remembered a while back there was a thread about it. Not sure though. Anyways, I want to pay for the infraction. There is usually on option on the ticket that allow you to pay the heavy fine right?? Or you Must go see the ref?? I'm still on sure on that.

yes im on my 8th ref ticket lol.........
you will receive a notice in the mail just like a reg. ticket.......you have the option to pay the first one usually starts a 300bucks second starts around 450-600,3rd one starts at 550-800,4th start850-1600 lol
yes i have paid the fines on all of them i would lose more money taking time off of work and trying to fix everything with the ref..and still end up paying 800+
Old 11-19-07, 11:36 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Didnt you know that CA cops can legally tell you to pop your hood? My friend got pulled over in Pasadena b/c of his big exhaust, and then told him to pop the hood. My friend knows his laws and everything was legal in his car. I think the cop was pissed off because he couldnt get him for anything and decided to follow us for about 3 miles.
Watch out for those biker cops... they got lidar too.
yeah, i knew that... i was just wondering if maybe he gave a reason as to why he popped the hood. but hey, i guess the car looked modded so.... that was prob reason enough... either way, sucks... cops are getting crazy, last time i saw they had like mobile smog testing machines, just posted up randomly.
Old 11-20-07, 12:33 AM
CyberSC4
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry man. I'm always around West Covina and the Heights. That's exactly why I painted my magnaflows and piping black. Only time I had trouble was when I didn't have my front plate driving on the West side.

Not worth the hassle of being pulled over, so my plate stays on now.
Old 11-20-07, 05:56 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Jealous baby... most cops dont have Lexus and some are just jealous of what you have and when it is all fixed up. So to give citation is an expression of their jealousy/anger/power.

Last edited by Lextreme; 11-20-07 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-21-07, 09:19 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I hate lidars =(

Quick Reply: Got a Ref Ticket Today