CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Positive Experiences with Peter Kong of Lexus of Glendale

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-07, 08:53 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Positive Experiences with Peter Kong of Lexus of Glendale

Just want to leave a few good words for Peter Kong and his assistant David of Lexus of Glendale. We bought two new Lexus from them in the past 3 months and we are extremely pleased with their services.

Peter works in the fleet department of Lexus of Glendale. Me and my wife have been to the dealership several times before we bought our cars, and we have been very impressed with their new buildings, very luxurious and high class, easily one of the best Lexus dealership I have been to. But our purchase experiences were even better.

Given that we have been in the Lexus market for so long, I think we do know a bit about Lexus. I have to be honest and say that a lot of the sales people we have met are sub par at best. Some of them are so ridiculous and arrogant. So many times we are so pissed that we just turned around and left, imho those people don’t deserve the slightest respect from us. However, Peter and David have been tremendous

- They are both always very polite. To us that’s very important. They remember our names, always asks if we need anything, etc…

- They talk when they need to. No BS, no lies. You have no idea how many lies I have heard over the past 6 months during our search for our cars. Peter is always frank and friendly, and tell me exactly what’s going on, no matter if it’s good or bad news

- They have the best prices. We always price around, probably about 6-8 dealerships. Peter has always been able to give me the best price. There were times where I got quoted lower from others, but after checking, he either matched it or explained to me the reasons.

- They listen. Some other sales, they don’t listen careful to your requests, they just talk what they want. For what it’s worth, I am the one buying the car, I will let you know if I need to hear BS. Otherwise, listen to me carefully instead

- They are very easy to work with. Our LS460L took 3 hours to take delivery coz’ of some paper work error (on my side). But our GS350, it probably took 2 hours at the most. And most of the time we were checking out the car

- They follow up on everything. Every time we request something, they always get back to us promptly. I think one time Peter forgot to reply me, when I called again, he sincerely apologized and called me back with answer in 5 mins. That’s services. A lot of other sales, they gladly forget about you

- They are happy to do things over the phone. All other sales just keep on telling you “when can you come to the dealership? I will get you a good price” even though we insisted that we don’t need to check out the cars anymore (we only want a price), we only want to go there once and take the car. Obviously they must regret now they lost sales on us

- If there are problems with your car, they will do what they can to help you fix it. We are pretty picky on the condition of the cars when we take delivery, they are very understanding and work with us to get things fixed. Some other sales I am sure they would brush us off on the problems

Overall we are just extremely pleased with the services, prices, and the ease of purchase experience Peter and David gave us. They made us feel like we are being served correctly for buying luxury cars. It will probably be a while before we buy another Lexus, but for sure Peter is high up on our list.

And of course, Elizabeth (AsianGirl007) has been very helpful in hooking us up with Peter as well, big props to her too.

December to Remember for 2007 has started, there are some very nice deals on IS, RX, and GS350 I believe. Call Lexus of Glendale and ask for Peter Kong, I am sure he’d be more than happy to help you out. We got some great deals on both our LS460L and GS350, we are extremely happy.

PS. It’s pretty cool to have 2 cars with Lexus of Glendale plates in the garage I guess. My wife says she likes the Glendale dealer place cover

Old 11-26-07, 09:29 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin' good there Henry!
And I'm always happy to help you and Ritsa.
Old 11-26-07, 09:52 AM
kingkong5
Lead Lap

Great choice of cars Henry, and I'm glad to hear that great Lexus service still exists.
Old 11-26-07, 10:34 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i picked up my is from peter and david back in june 06 and i was very impressed with their service. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone that's in the market for a new lexus. in fact, i'm typing this at the laptop in the waiting area of glendale lexus hahah. and david, if you're reading this... are you selling your is350? i see one outside for sale and it looks just like yours.
Old 11-26-07, 10:36 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Great choice on colors henry!!! hahahahaa Good luck!!
Old 11-26-07, 10:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i picked up my is from peter and david back in june 06 and i was very impressed with their service. i wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone that's in the market for a new lexus. in fact, i'm typing this at the laptop in the waiting area of glendale lexus hahah. and david, if you're reading this... are you selling your is350? i see one outside for sale and it looks just like yours.
hehehe, he has a new car already

thanks everyone. kong, yeah, great services from peter and david for sure. but i am telling you, there are a lot of bad ones out there too.

soon i will be posting a very bad experience. it's nasty
Old 11-26-07, 10:48 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

+1 for Peter, although I didn't buy my car from him (the parents were cosigning and they wanted to go to Longo) when I went in for a test drive he was very accommodating. On the elevator ride back down after the ride I asked him a few questions about the LS 460 and here is a rough transcript:

me: What do you think about the LS?
him: It's a good car, but not for you.
me: Why is that?
him: You aren't old enough, if you get one you might as well age 30 years. You're still young, get something more fun to drive.

Awesome
Old 11-26-07, 10:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

BTW, I'd also like to give props to the service advisor, Kin, as well. I think he works pretty closely with Peter. When we took delivery of our LS460L, there were couple of issues that they had to take care of, and I was sent to Kin

Again, Kin is a super polite guy, very helpful, and very prompt. Everything was explained clearly and we were very satisfied.

If you go to Lexus of Glendale for service, give Kin a try! Just tell him Henry with the LS460L refers you
Old 11-26-07, 12:20 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Originally Posted by Allen K
+1 for Peter, although I didn't buy my car from him (the parents were cosigning and they wanted to go to Longo) when I went in for a test drive he was very accommodating. On the elevator ride back down after the ride I asked him a few questions about the LS 460 and here is a rough transcript:

me: What do you think about the LS?
him: It's a good car, but not for you.
me: Why is that?
him: You aren't old enough, if you get one you might as well age 30 years. You're still young, get something more fun to drive.

Awesome
BWAHAHAHAHA...if you only knew how old Henry is.
Old 11-26-07, 12:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
BWAHAHAHAHA...if you only knew how old Henry is.
hey hey hey, you promise you won't say i look old in the car again!

though i have to say, when we picked up the ls460l (first time i met peter), he was shocked i am so young @_@
Old 11-26-07, 02:13 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

That's a nice looking stable. So when are the mods coming?
Old 11-26-07, 02:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by ChrisES
That's a nice looking stable. So when are the mods coming?
you mean what came?
Old 11-26-07, 03:31 PM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Holy cow, what a grand re-introduction Henry!

No offense, but weren't lexus of glendale a sponsor at one time?
They already had the exposure from CL which means they have to keep up with their reputation otherwise it'll grow like a wildfire here

And 2 lexuseseses from the same dealership? Oh he better treat you nice

Congrats on the 2 black beauty
Old 11-26-07, 03:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

yup, they were a vendor here once, but they dropped it due to some other reasons i believe. still, after dealing with a lot of people stupid sales, peter and david really impressed me
Old 11-26-07, 04:15 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Ok, now that you referred me over from the GS forum, give me the 411 on your GS. Invoice, invoice + or under invoice ? Did you lease or buy, and if you leased, what were the terms ? I'm strongly considering a trade-in for a GS, so anything you can share will be appreciated ! TIA.

Quick Reply: Positive Experiences with Peter Kong of Lexus of Glendale