CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Bad sales experience (start with Beverly Hills Lexus)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-07, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i was talking to my friend and forgot this other incident. it's with Crown lexus at ontario.

he was shopping for a ls460l and found the combo that he wanted at the dealership. on the phone the sales confirmed everything and 5k off msrp, BUT the car had 500 miles?! my friend asked if it's new and why so many miles, he siad yes it's new, just come over to see, it was dealer trade, and he will have a confirmed answer what happened to the car.

so we got there, and after pushing them several times, they said the previous buyer bought the car but finance didn't work out so they had to re-po the car.

wait a min, then the car is USED, NOT NEW. then crown lexus started to play stupid and say yes the car is used, but they are selling as new. wtf is that? would the title say new or used? the title would say used. then it's freaking used. used is used, new is new, nothing like selling used as new, dumb....

so we were all pissed and ready to leave, and they started to lower the price "automatically" to invoice price. my friend decided to check out the car... guess what we found, trunk carpet was wrong, the front bumper had been removed AND repainted, rear bumper damaged underneath, etc...

stuff that normal people won't see but couldn't escape our eyes. in the end we bailed, and when they tried to keep us, my friend confronted them and showed them all the proofs of the car being abused and damaged. they had nothing to say but apologize

so much about honest business
Old 11-30-07, 10:07 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by javyLSU
You're not the first person to have this kind of experience with Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills... I tried to buy a car there two years ago and they basically laughed me out of the dealership

Joe Z's experience w/ Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

Another "less than stellar" sales experience with Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

I'm sure there are others on this forum, these are just two that I was involved in or knew about.

Congrats on your new cars Henry!!!

Javier
yeah indeed, and did i say they need a renovation badly? maybe i am spoiled with dealerships like glendale or newport, or at least the new longo. walking into BH lexus felt even worse than walking into a toyota dealership

but anyway, maybe someone should forward all these to BH lexus and let them have some fun
Old 11-30-07, 10:11 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Damn....sorry to hear your buying experience with these dealerships was a PITA.
Happy that you did find your combos.

In addition to the Pretty Woman thing...this:
Attached Thumbnails Bad sales experience (start with Beverly Hills Lexus)-simpsons_nelson_haha2.jpg  
Old 11-30-07, 11:13 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely stay away from Crown Lexus in Ontario. I am surprised myself did not file a formal complaint to Lexus Corporation for their dishonesty sales tactics.

If I recalled, I was once asked about the number of dealer applications vs actual approval from Lexus Corp. The result was stunning so you would think the Lexus dealerships out there should be the best represented in the industry. Guess that thought has begun to demolish.

As a royal Lexus customer myself (owned total of 4 Lexus since 1997), its harder and harder to find myself with a trust worthy Lexus dealerships as time goes by. I used to be passive about the new car survey based on the request of the sales or the sales manager who wanted nothing less than 100% satisfactory feedback on the survey form. Now, I am being more critical on this and hope this will increase the awareness of Lexus Corp. as to how the dealership is conducting its business.

Its sad to state that, Lexus dealership sales experience has gone south since my first purchase back in 1997. Of course, I don't expect Lexus Corporation to revoke any of their existing dealership even ones that are consistently getting complaint by the customers. At least what we can do is to let this online community knows who are the bad apples.
Old 11-30-07, 11:20 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark and Henry, your previous sales experiences the "bar" was set too high.
Old 11-30-07, 11:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Mark and Henry, your previous sales experiences the "bar" was set too high.
lol, that's probably true, i was definitely spoiled a bit before. but then i think that's a reasonable standard though
Old 11-30-07, 12:21 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, that's probably true, i was definitely spoiled a bit before. but then i think that's a reasonable standard though
Well suuuuure.....if you think a "reasonable standard" is your previous salesperson showing up at dealership at 6:45 am to personally make sure no license plate holes were drilled on front bumper.
I know some people are not a "morning person"....
Old 11-30-07, 01:29 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Maybe one day we'll be able to order them on Amazon.com.

Well suuuuure.....if you think a "reasonable standard" is your previous salesperson showing up at dealership at 6:45 am to personally make sure no license plate holes were drilled on front bumper.
I know some people are not a "morning person"....
Pampered Lexus buyers.
Old 11-30-07, 02:59 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dang Henry, I leave the CL for a few months and now all these changes? What happened to the SC430? A new LS??? Nice. And a GS350??? Thought you didn't like the 3G GS?

Sorry to hear about your crappy sales experiences. I've had a few myself. I'll send you a PM for some advice, since I'm looking to replace my GS430 pretty soon.
Old 11-30-07, 03:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Dang Henry, I leave the CL for a few months and now all these changes? What happened to the SC430? A new LS??? Nice. And a GS350??? Thought you didn't like the 3G GS?

Sorry to hear about your crappy sales experiences. I've had a few myself. I'll send you a PM for some advice, since I'm looking to replace my GS430 pretty soon.
lol welcome back jay

read my "positive experience" thread here in socal, and read my thread in the gs350 and ls460l forum on the cars and reason why

sc430? returned already
Old 11-30-07, 06:42 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow congrats on the purchase .

Personally, I think you guys set the standard too high when walking into a dealership. My family own like 6 Lexus over the years and everytime we purchase a new car we don't expects to have our *** kiss or be treated like royalty. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable about that. All I care is just get a good deal on the car. There service will be determine once I get the Lexus survey.
Old 11-30-07, 07:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by JamesN
Wow congrats on the purchase .

Personally, I think you guys set the standard too high when walking into a dealership. My family own like 6 Lexus over the years and everytime we purchase a new car we don't expects to have our *** kiss or be treated like royalty. Personally, I would feel uncomfortable about that. All I care is just get a good deal on the car. There service will be determine once I get the Lexus survey.
i NEVER EVER expect my *** to be kissed or treated like i am the president. however, that doesn't mean i have to take any lies or treated disrespectfully. most people are in for good deals, including me, i will admit that. but i will never take lies and disrespect any day, and i don't think that's high standard. i call me simple moral (my principle)