CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Bad sales experience (start with Beverly Hills Lexus)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-07, 09:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts
Default Bad sales experience (start with Beverly Hills Lexus)

So most of your know we were car shopping for couple of months for our LS460L and GS350. While talking to a lot of dealerships, some of them are just horrible at best. Here are some stories.

Top one is about our bad experiences with Angela (internet sales) and Sefi (sales manager) of BH Lexus about their poor sales tactics and services. They should be ashamed of themselves.

We were looking for GS350, and we talked to Angela of BH Lexus. We wanted to look for 2007 GS350 first. Angela claimed they found a 2007 GS350 from another dealership, and they are willing to do a dealer trade. Angela also sent us all the purchase price, lease terms, payments, etc… which we agreed on.

It was on 11/8 that we agreed on the deal, and the same day we filled out all the paper work and credit application. They said the trucking company should be dispatched the next day and we should expect our vehicle to arrive on Sunday 11/11 (we had to pay for trucking).

We requested updates from Angela on Saturday 11/10, and she gave us the disappointing news that the trucking company will “wait” for several cars to be transported together, so our vehicle will not be here until 11/17. That’s one week late. While not happy, we were fine with that. But the same day we did confirm with her SEVERAL times that the vehicle was ours already and it will NOT be sold to anyone else.

On Monday 11/12, we received calls from the sales manager of, Safi, regarding the bad news that the other dealership “SOLD” the vehicle, so we don’t have the car anymore. It’s highly unacceptable and we got involved in phone calls with both Safi and Angela about the ridiculous situation.

The sales manager “offered” us some options but none of them were remotely acceptable. Regardless, we promptly rejected all of them. Some might say they weren’t completely at fault, they had no control. But we consider those excuses, especially when they PROMISED and CONFIRMED that the car was ours.

1. We were confirmed over and over again (on 11/8 and 11/10, in more than one occasions) that the vehicle was on dealership trade, the other dealership can NOT sell the vehicle, and the vehicle was already OURS (we were asked to be charged on a deposit). How is it possible for the other dealership to sell the car like that? It’s a completely lack of responsibilities, and we are especially disappointed in Angela and her manager since they gave us the “promises”. They claimed later that they had no control until the car became physically with them, so now they changed their stories? Bad move.

2. This could not be the first time they do dealer trade. If the promise was 2 days to transport the vehicle, how could they “find out” 2 days later than it will actually take more than a week? That’s another sign of poor judgment and failure on communications.

3. Angela and Safi had no intention to fix the issue. Instead of the much more attractive 2007 pricing, Safi offered $500 over invoice for a 2008 GS350. Given the situation where they were at fault, they were still trying to sell a car at a profit. This shows absolutely no respect at all to us. By selling us a 2008 GS350 at 500 over invoices, they would still make over $1000 off us. And the sales manager said there are no cars in the whole region, etc… which was a lie since I knew of SEVERAL of them within driving distance.

4. After the incident, I emailed Angela to ask if they had run credit check on my wife (they got our applications already) and whether our cc had been charged. NO REPLY (which never happened before when we were looking for cars, btw). Somehow that didn’t come too surprising, but that shows you how disrespectful she is.

In any case, BH Lexus left us nothing but some very bad taste. I know someone here recommended Angela before, but our experience with her (and her manager) had been nothing but jokes. There is no way we would ever go back there. We want cars, not lies.

There are some other stupid stories with other dealerships on cars, but Angela and Sefi, you guys top it all. We ended up getting the GS350 from somewhere else with FAR better services. Although price was a bit higher, but we were more than happy to spend that.

Last edited by rominl; 11-29-07 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-29-07, 09:58 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Hmmm, ok, cross them off my list for any future business.
Thanks for sharing Henry. Baller!
Old 11-29-07, 09:59 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Second story is about Internet sales of Longo. She really pissed off my wife badly.

When we were shopping for LS460L, we were actually looking for TWO of them. I got referred to Longo by couple of people, but after several emails for price inquiries, no reply. Even after follow up, no replies. So I wasn't too happy already.

After my friend learned it and gave a heads up to them, she finally got in contact with me, so I called and talked to her. It went something like this:

L - sales, R - rominl
R: so can you give me a price on the car?
L: what color combo are you looking for?
R: ls460l, blk/blk, lwb, 85k msrp
L: that's a very rare car, we don't have a lot of lwb. but we do have one in stock
R: ok good, so what price can you give me on that?
L: well, actually with a car like this, it will really sell by itself. you know, even without discount, the car will just sell coz' it's rare, etc.....
R: so are you telling me you will sell it at msrp? i am already being quoted at least 5k off msrp at other dealership
L: oh, when will you want the car?
R: probably in a week or so. but i want a price now so i know where i am heading to when i am ready
L: well you know, a lot of other dealerships, they tell you the price but they don't have the car and they don't have it coming, so a lot of times those prices are useless, etc....
R: well, as a matter of fact, the dealership who quoted me 5k under msrp, they have the same car sitting in the lot
L: oh ok, well why don't you let me know when you are ready and i will try to get you a price
R: ok, and you think you can give us better pricing if we get two cars? two exact same ls460l
L: oh, you know, let's leave that for later. i really don't count on it. i would be happy to sell just one now. a lot of times people come and tell me they want two cars but ended up only getting one. i am ok with just selling one...

At that point I was pretty much ready to hang up.

1) I just want a damn price, A PRICE. is it that hard for them to give me? And that's the internet sales department, supposedly make everything easier.

2) so she thought i was LYING to her about getting two ls460l? she thought i was bluffing her and was using the tactic to get "a better price"? she could think that way, which i could understand. but under NO circumstances should a sales talk to the customer like that, calling the customer out as a liar. that's a big no-no.

Eventually we did get TWO LS460L, both of them not from her. And she missed our GS350 sales as well.
Old 11-29-07, 10:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

there are some other stories, but it's just too painful to post about. bottom line, i thought with the internet sales booming, buying a car should be less headache and more straight forward. but guess our ls460l and gs350 purchase didn't go all that well the first shot.

please understand though, all our issues are against dealership / sales, not against any other members here. it's just our stories to tell. i know someone posted about angela of BH lexus before, and of course couple of people referred us to Longo.

personally i really appreciate help and information from those members. either things didn't work out between us or we didn't seem like serious customers to them at all. just like how some people told me so-so experience with glendale. after all it's up to members to read and judge for themselves.

i can only give out warnings from my stories since i don't want any members here to follow the same path as we did

car shopping should be happy after all, i think
Old 11-29-07, 10:04 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Hmmm, ok, cross them off my list for any future business.
Thanks for sharing Henry. Baller!
lol, lee, baller, no, debt-ful, yes
Old 11-29-07, 10:42 AM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were you able to contact anyone higher than the sales department to let them know how you were treated? I'm sure they get some sort of bonus for getting positive remarks... but how about negatives?
Old 11-29-07, 11:03 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
Were you able to contact anyone higher than the sales department to let them know how you were treated? I'm sure they get some sort of bonus for getting positive remarks... but how about negatives?
i don't know what would happen to them for negative reviews, but for BH lexus, we did file official complaint with lexus corp and also sent a letter to the GM. not sure if it would do anything, but we think that's the right thing to do
Old 11-29-07, 11:46 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

I love this Henry!! The truth comes out!!
Old 11-29-07, 01:38 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

nice review henry. Do you had any experience with Lexus of Cerritos ? just curious if you got some bad experience with them.
Old 11-29-07, 02:39 PM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know what would happen to them for negative reviews, but for BH lexus, we did file official complaint with lexus corp and also sent a letter to the GM. not sure if it would do anything, but we think that's the right thing to do
Nice Henry, you should do the same w/ the internet salesman from Longo. And I would give them additional info like your track record with Lexus vehicles, your current purchase(s), and your moderator status on CL.

Sorry about your bad experiences, Congrats on your new Lexos!!!
Old 11-29-07, 05:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

lexus of cerritos was ok. the internet sales wasn't too responsive, i asked for price and they didn't get back to me. me and my wife ended up calling them and asked for pricing, but they didn't have what we wanted and price wasn't right

actually, internet sales of longo knew what lexus we have had already, and i am pretty sure she knows i am moderator here. but i didn't want to use that for any kind of "leverage" on my negotiations, that's not right.

however, before i hung up with BH, i did tell angela that she will be hearing from lexus and i will post about my experience here. she was scared i guess

oh and about longo internet sales? let's just say one day we drove the two ls460l TOGETHER to longo, parked the car together, and when my wife ran into the internet sales, she said "hello" to her. so they know we got two ls460l indeed
Old 11-29-07, 10:49 PM
GS3Tek

Received 167 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
oh and about longo internet sales? let's just say one day we drove the two ls460l TOGETHER to longo, parked the car together, and when my wife ran into the internet sales, she said "hello" to her. so they know we got two ls460l indeed
Nice
I quote from Pretty Woman, "BIG MISTAKE!!!"

Well, sucks for the salesperson who thought you weren't serious about buying.

I don't understand these sales people. You're there to sell cars, not judge people. She could've had a nice fat commission right there
Old 11-30-07, 12:28 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree the people at BHlexus are lazy....fritz if he still works there is pretty good, my parents bought an LS from him. that story about Longo pretty much sums up my experience with them when i was looking for an IS350. them BSing about how they refuse to move on price, how the car sells itself, blah blah. even the fleet manager only offered 500 off MSRP for the IS350 when ever other dealer in town was at least giving 1500 off MSRP, then had the nerve to tell me if i could do better, why not call another dealer. Fckn them, ill never buy from them ever.
Old 11-30-07, 02:23 AM
Heng350
Lexus Test Driver

dang i thought u only got 1 LS460L lol.........hella ballin on debting :P
Old 11-30-07, 09:59 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

You're not the first person to have this kind of experience with Jim Falk Lexus in Beverly Hills... I tried to buy a car there two years ago and they basically laughed me out of the dealership

Joe Z's experience w/ Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

Another "less than stellar" sales experience with Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills

I'm sure there are others on this forum, these are just two that I was involved in or knew about.

Congrats on your new cars Henry!!!

Javier

Quick Reply: Bad sales experience (start with Beverly Hills Lexus)