CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Most Bogus Ticket You Have Ever Heard Of!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-07, 04:46 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if you truly believe your ticket is bogus, then fight it.

i recommend doing it in writing - trial by declaration - than getting a court date and having the officer show up. i fought a bogus ticket a few years back by trial by declaration, and the judge ruled in my favor.

YMMV.
Old 12-31-07, 06:53 PM
Sc dRifta
*****Do not buy from this member until further notice *****

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he probably wrote u for unsafe speed.... regardless if u were going 70 or not its his judgement what is unsafe. basic speedlaw i ate 2 tickets for sliding through a corner i won the red light ticket but no matter what he will lie in court and u will lose ur speeding ticket its cool though mine was a $90 ticket and i made payements lol
Old 12-31-07, 06:55 PM
esucaris1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ron_is350
basically, im going to go into the courtroom and say that the officer pulled me over because he was cold and needed to stop for a little break. then they are going to think that it is such a ridiculous statement, and i will then continue to mention that i said that for a reason, and that statement has just as much validity as what the officer has to say. and with that reason no story brought up in court has enough credibility to make me guilty. since it is not guilty until proven innocent, i will ask the judge to consider what i just said.

just for the record, i have a clean slate with no moving violations, ever!

the last ticket i got was a seatbelt violation when i didn't even have my license. i was a passenger in a car. this was when i was in 11th grade
Your Briliant... I am in awe...
Old 12-31-07, 10:27 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by esucaris1
haha, people are saying it wouldn't work though. im scared.
Old 01-01-08, 03:34 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Get two extensions, then show up for the final third ext. in court, and if your lucky he wont be there...

Works more with LAPD and other larger departments, smaller departments show up more often.
Old 01-01-08, 12:10 PM
YupImJOee
Lexus Test Driver

so you said you were going about 45mph, he was about a lock behind, maybe he read 70mph on his speedo because he was trying to catch you?
Old 01-01-08, 01:00 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 19psi
he's certified to estimate your speed. that's all the court needs. his certification and his estimate of your speed. boom, you get to pay all the fines. it doens't really matter what you say. you're a young person driving an expensive car; in the court's eyes, you have much to learn and they will help you start now, by by making you pay your fines for your speeding ticket.
Man that sucks. That means if I was doing a 40 in a 35 and the cop can say I was doing 100? Just cause he needs money... Ouch
Old 01-01-08, 02:34 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by esucaris1
+1
Old 01-02-08, 09:21 AM
T-Rex06
Ho Motorsports

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I understand that you're frustrated with the situation. You might not be going as fast as he stated in the ticket. However, you mentioned that you might be going about 45 mph on a 40 mph limit. Just so you know, if they want to be ****, you can get pulled over for making 5 mph over the limit. The fact is that you went over the limit. When you made a quick turn without slowing down made him assume that you were practicing unsafe driving habits.

He might not be accurate with the speed he determined you were driving. However, I don't think his reason for pulling you over for speeding is unfair especially if he spotted you squealing your tires into the residential area.

Originally Posted by ron_is350
basically, im going to go into the courtroom and say that the officer pulled me over because he was cold and needed to stop for a little break.
I sincerely wish you luck with that. What makes you think you can receive a sympathetic opinion from the judge with that kind of opening statement?

Terrance
Old 01-02-08, 09:28 AM
hectik
Rookie

aahh this has happened to me ... i fought the ticket and they arranged a hearing with the judge , the cop and me. the cop didnt show up so i won the case, i later found out that almost 80% of the time the cop who issued the citation wont appear in court to discuss the ticket.
Old 01-02-08, 09:45 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by hectik
aahh this has happened to me ... i fought the ticket and they arranged a hearing with the judge , the cop and me. the cop didnt show up so i won the case, i later found out that almost 80% of the time the cop who issued the citation wont appear in court to discuss the ticket.
brilliant-er!
Old 01-02-08, 09:46 AM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Originally Posted by T-Rex06
I understand that you're frustrated with the situation. You might not be going as fast as he stated in the ticket. However, you mentioned that you might be going about 45 mph on a 40 mph limit. Just so you know, if they want to be ****, you can get pulled over for making 5 mph over the limit. The fact is that you went over the limit. When you made a quick turn without slowing down made him assume that you were practicing unsafe driving habits.

He might not be accurate with the speed he determined you were driving. However, I don't think his reason for pulling you over for speeding is unfair especially if he spotted you squealing your tires into the residential area.

I sincerely wish you luck with that. What makes you think you can receive a sympathetic opinion from the judge with that kind of opening statement?

Terrance
thanks Terrance, i was definitely not going to open it like that. i would first emphasize the importance of the lack of evidence in the case, and state that i was just normally driving. then bring up that whole episode later on.
Old 01-02-08, 01:17 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hectik
not a proven fact.
proven fact after discussing with broad range of peace officers, they will go to majority cases to debate a citation; their ultimate incentive = OT. think about it, wouldnt you want to get 1.5x your hourly rate if you were making say 60k-70k/annually, and you need to feed a family and put a roof over your family's heads?
Old 01-02-08, 03:25 PM
juiSCee
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YupImJOee
so you said you were going about 45mph, he was about a lock behind, maybe he read 70mph on his speedo because he was trying to catch you?
this is what i was thinking. really, if you have the time, I guess you can try to fight it in court. I dont have any personal experience with fighting tickets so I wouldnt be able to give you any tips. Simply, if its not worth it, just pay up and get over it. It might even be cheap, or maybe not since he did write you up for 70 in a 40... GL either way you choose to go
Old 01-02-08, 05:42 PM
Downfall75
Lead Lap

Based upon personal experience and my consultation with an attorney, the cops word will ALWAYS be over yours. I take it from reading your story that he was 'pacing' you. It is true their speedometers are calibrated to damn near perfect. In fact, I think being pulled over for speeding by a radar is easier to fight than when the cop paces you. There will be no sense in fighting the court for it because in the end you will lose (not to mention get on the judge's bad side for pushing the trial even longer).
It is not true that the cop WON'T show up. The cop can actually receive a subpoena for not showing up to a court. You could file a Trial by Declaration ahead of time http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/fillable/tr205.pdf (reasons why you shouldn't be charged for it and why you feel you aren't guilty) and if the cop does not respond with his own Trial by Declaration, then you will win the case.
My ticket is more severe than yours (105 on the fwy) but yours is almost as bad as mine. I doubt bald tires will mean anything. If you had bald tires, you shouldn't have been driving at that speed (assuming that you did) due to the danger of losing control of your car. There are a million things you can be charged for (reckless driving) , and even the squealing of your tires could be charged as exhibition of speed. They are all 2 point convictions. In my honest opinion, you should just go in and plea for a lenient sentence, perhaps a cheaper fine and traffic school. Just today I saw cops pull over 5 people all within a 10 minute duration. I hear that they need to meet their 'quota' for the year and need to pull people over for the dumbest reasons for their money.

If you need anymore info, feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: Most Bogus Ticket You Have Ever Heard Of!