CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

windshield chip repair needed.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 05:42 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield chip repair needed.

have a spider web chip need to repair before it gets worse. im in the 714 westminster area. someone has to know a place in bolsa that will do it for fair price. looking to spend about $30 max. i have 2 cars that needs to be done so thats double the cash for that person.
Old 01-02-08, 05:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't know if 30 bucks is too cheap? i got a chip on mine and quoted around, they are all around 60 bucks. i searched (forgot the shop names off the top of my head) on larger more reputable shops
Old 01-02-08, 08:05 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't know if 30 bucks is too cheap? i got a chip on mine and quoted around, they are all around 60 bucks. i searched (forgot the shop names off the top of my head) on larger more reputable shops
last time i had a chip fix it cost me $20 but that was a while back. times change prices change but i didn't expect it to cost $60, thats like half the price of replacing the whole shabang.
Old 01-02-08, 08:37 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Call your insurance company. They will fix it for you for FREE. No deductible. Its more like a courtesy service they provide. They dont wanna pay full price for a new windshield in case it shatters totally or when you get into an accident. Give them a call, set up a date and place and they will come to you and fix it on the spot. My insurance did and i had 21st Century.

Tommy
Old 01-02-08, 08:58 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Call your insurance company. They will fix it for you for FREE. No deductible. Its more like a courtesy service they provide. They dont wanna pay full price for a new windshield in case it shatters totally or when you get into an accident. Give them a call, set up a date and place and they will come to you and fix it on the spot. My insurance did and i had 21st Century.

Tommy
what type of coverage do you have?

im insured by mercury. liability only.
Old 01-02-08, 11:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by BlueKush86
last time i had a chip fix it cost me $20 but that was a while back. times change prices change but i didn't expect it to cost $60, thats like half the price of replacing the whole shabang.
well, consider replacing the windshield on my car would cost over 2 grands? i take 60 bucks as a huge bargain

tommy, it depends on insurance. i know of cases where insurance fixed it for "free" but later on raised the premium. yes, that was repair, not replace
Old 01-02-08, 11:25 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Originally Posted by BlueKush86
what type of coverage do you have?

im insured by mercury. liability only.
I have full coverage. I dont think it matters.. Doesnt hurt to call and ask.. Worse they can say is NO

Originally Posted by rominl
well, consider replacing the windshield on my car would cost over 2 grands? i take 60 bucks as a huge bargain

tommy, it depends on insurance. i know of cases where insurance fixed it for "free" but later on raised the premium. yes, that was repair, not replace
Henry: I asked before i needed to repair the windshield on my Eclass. They said they wont raise my premium. In fact my premium got cheaper this year. I would definately call the insurance co. and ask. I know most big insurance company like 21st, AAA, mercury, state farm, farmer, etc. will repair the windshield for free. If you have a 100 buck deductible case, then i will get the whole damm windshield replaced. My deductible is $500 so i just went ahead and have them repair it.
Old 01-03-08, 12:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

I have full coverage. I dont think it matters.. Doesnt hurt to call and ask.. Worse they can say is NO

Henry: I asked before i needed to repair the windshield on my Eclass. They said they wont raise my premium. In fact my premium got cheaper this year. I would definately call the insurance co. and ask. I know most big insurance company like 21st, AAA, mercury, state farm, farmer, etc. will repair the windshield for free. If you have a 100 buck deductible case, then i will get the whole damm windshield replaced. My deductible is $500 so i just went ahead and have them repair it.
actually my friend did ask before repair as well and they said won't raise. but a yr later? they raised it and when he checked, they said "yes, due to the record saying you had a windshield repaired". so it became a his say her say thing

i agree it doesn't hurt to ask, but for 60 bucks i can probably afford it. now if the repair is over my "threshold", then i will be more motivated to dig further
Old 01-03-08, 09:45 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Henry, i'm sorry to hear your friend went thru a bad experience and got screwed. I think its time to change ins. company. I have no problems with 21st century.. I've been their customer since i was 18.
Old 01-03-08, 10:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Henry, i'm sorry to hear your friend went thru a bad experience and got screwed. I think its time to change ins. company. I have no problems with 21st century.. I've been their customer since i was 18.
yeah, all these "weird" hidden stuff on insurance is really painful... he did switch insurance. maybe it's time for him to crack his windshield again
Old 01-03-08, 12:16 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

we do them from 20-30 but im too far for you. also we are not mobile. mobile guys charge a little more.
Old 01-03-08, 01:53 PM
BlueKush86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIPtint
we do them from 20-30 but im too far for you. also we are not mobile. mobile guys charge a little more.
how far is far? im willing to do a little driving.