CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

fix it ticket?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-08, 02:16 PM
Allenchang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix it ticket?

Long story short, i parked on the street by a hospital i work at...got a fix it ticket for out of date tags?...and i walk to the back of my car and its still there...im confused...

what the heck is going on....first fix it ticket ive gotten so i got home and went to my local Glendora pd...lady tells me itll be 20 bucks for a cop to sign it off, and she continues to say that if i go get it signed off at the local city pd that the ticket was issued it will be free to get it signed off...so thats what i did this morning. When i got to San Gabriel PD, some lady there tells me itll be 19 dollar exactly, now im wondering what the heck is going on. So i presume to tell her that Glendora pd told me to its free, she continues to tell me no , nothing is free. At that point i kinda got fed up and just agreed to pay the 19, so i look in my wallet and find a 20 and as im handing it to her, she goes " NO, i said NO, only 19 dollars exactly.".....at the point i just gave up and left.....

furthermore, she explains that i have to pay an addition 10 dollar even if i get it signed off??

can any help me or give me a idea what the heck is goin on?

also...couple weeks ago my cousin got a fix it for tint on her car which came like that out of the dealer, well she forgot about it and recently traded in her car for a diff car. She foudn the ticket couple days ago, and applied for an extension....is there anyway to get her tix written off?

if anyone is kind enough to write off these tix for me or help me with them...i have a couple hid ballasts id be willing to give as a thankyou?

Last edited by Allenchang; 01-14-08 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-15-08, 02:11 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Allenchang
Long story short, i parked on the street by a hospital i work at...got a fix it ticket for out of date tags?...and i walk to the back of my car and its still there...im confused...
I'm confused as well. What do you mean by, "i walk to the back of the car and its still there" What's still there? Your tags? Are you saying you were ticketed for having expired tags and they are NOT expired? Please clarify this part as it's somewhat vague.

When i got to San Gabriel PD, some lady there tells me itll be 19 dollar exactly, now im wondering what the heck is going on. So i presume to tell her that Glendora pd told me to its free, she continues to tell me no , nothing is free. At that point i kinda got fed up and just agreed to pay the 19, so i look in my wallet and find a 20 and as im handing it to her, she goes " NO, i said NO, only 19 dollars exactly.".....at the point i just gave up and left.....

furthermore, she explains that i have to pay an addition 10 dollar even if i get it signed off??

can any help me or give me a idea what the heck is goin on?
That "lady" obviously wasn't trying to help you even in the slightest way. And I believe she gave you misinformation. There should only be a single admistrative fee involved with a fix-it ticket, and not multiple admin fees. One fee to get the officer behind the desk to sign off on the back of the ticket and stamp it, they then fill out paperwork regarding the ticket that they keep for their own records. You then mail (or bring to court) the signed off ticket to the court address on the ticket and that's that (always make sure to make a front and back copy of the ticket before you send it in in case it gets lost). There shouldn't be any $19 fee, then another $10 fee. That's bogus.

Also, if you were ticketed in error you can recoup your admin fees through the court, but it will take a bit of time...but you will get your money back, again, if you were ticketed in error and can prove the car was indeed validly registered at the time of the citation.

also...couple weeks ago my cousin got a fix it for tint on her car which came like that out of the dealer, well she forgot about it and recently traded in her car for a diff car. She foudn the ticket couple days ago, and applied for an extension....is there anyway to get her tix written off?
All she can do is pay the fine as it stands now, or ask to see a judge, explain the situation, and advise them she no longer owns the car. Hopefully they will just make her pay the admin fee and be done with it maybe, maybe not. In this case if I were her I'd ask to see the judge, explain the situation, and ask if it's possible to just pay an admin fee. Hopefully she has a reasonable judge who doesn't want to waste the court's time with a matter such as this. Good luck.

Last edited by mikeloc24; 01-15-08 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-15-08, 02:54 PM
dk0515
Pole Position

Some sign off stations (PD) will charge to sign off your ticket. I go to the local CHP office where there is no charge to have them sign off any ticket. Next time try calling your local CHP office and ask them if there is a charge. After they sign off on the ticket, you have to pay admin/court fees which cost $10.

The admin/court fees are mandatory so you have no choice but to pay it.

As for your sister, I would do what mikeloc stated. See the judge and explain your situation.
Old 01-15-08, 03:08 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The Arcadia PD is free, take it there and they'll help you. Much nicer and helpful too. Get it signed off, take the ticket to court, and pay the 10 dala court fee.
Old 01-15-08, 03:09 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

or you can mail it in after it's been signed, I think. It worked for SD County.
Old 01-16-08, 03:03 PM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by aznxenon
The Arcadia PD is free, take it there and they'll help you. Much nicer and helpful too.
I don't believe you. Cops don't actually help people, do they??
Old 01-18-08, 07:40 AM
Allenchang
Driver

thks for hte help guys...and yes to answer the previous questiong, i got a ticket for expired tags when my tags werent and they were on the back of the car....

ill give arcadia pd a call...thankyou
Old 02-19-08, 08:36 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

some PDs charge if you are not a resident... Montebello PD charged 10 dollars for sign off if you are not a resident, and its free if you are a resident. hope that helps. Ive been to CHP in east la and they signed off a ticket for free.. might want to check with them;
Old 03-17-08, 02:54 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

so if i go to arcadia, or montebello, they will just sign it off? i have a tint and a no front license plate. but im just scared to just drive up to there office, thinking i might get another ticket. Which arcadia or montebello pd is it, i want to go to the right one.
Old 03-17-08, 05:08 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

anyone?...
Old 03-17-08, 10:36 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

at montebello pd they usually send out a parking enforcement lady to sign off your car, so more than likely she wont catch it, twice i have gotten tickets signed off by them and they sent out a parking enforcement lady and man
Old 03-18-08, 12:59 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

some police depts, just have the front desk staff sign it off. i took my car once a long time ago to the CHP to get something signed off. they signed it off and while i was leaving some CHP officers walking by said your turn signals and no front plate are illegal, you should fix it before you get ticketed, but kept walking.