CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do Not Go To Longo Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 06:24 PM
GS300kicks
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all inputs. I will probably try glendale in my next service. I wonder if it will do any good to contact Lexus corporate customer relation. Heard they are in Torrance.
Old 01-24-08, 06:57 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Puhaha, does anyone else go to Cerritos Lexus? It's so small but I live like 2 blocks down so it's pretty convenient.
Old 01-24-08, 08:24 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Next time either ask for Paul Mills (service writer) or go to another dealership.

You can complain to a manager or even ask for a manager to assist you but they'll simply pass you off to another service writer.

Paul Mills is good though and ask for Bob Jersey (mechanic) to work on your car. Those 2 guys are a good team.

Next closest dealers to Longo is Glendale and Cerritos. If you want to travel a bit further there's Westminster which is south and Keyes which is more north.

Most people don't realize this but service works on commission too.

Good Luck.
Thanks! i will soon be at LONGO to get my FUEL pipe replaced, and i know its going to be a PAIN IN THE @SS with my car
Old 01-24-08, 08:50 PM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds like this service advisor is pretty bad....

Glendale is pretty good for service. Longo is good too, just make sure not to go through the same guy.

Hope this doesn't happen again.
Old 01-24-08, 11:21 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny i know someone who works for an auto insurance company and at their office they get a lot of complaints about longo lexus and their crappy customer service
Old 01-24-08, 11:56 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
at keyes i know the master tech so he's the one who works on my car.
Ah, the famous Keyes master tech...a great person to know
Old 01-25-08, 12:08 PM
xravexboix
Lead Lap

LOL! The "eye guy" is Armando.

There are definitely different types of advisors. It'll always come down to your personal preference to which one(s) may suite you better than others. The best thing is to demo (where ever you go) and find one you like. After that, just request the same guy over and over.
Old 01-25-08, 05:10 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

despite being the closest lexus dealership to where i live, i personally would NOT go to longo for service. it's not because i've had to put up with the service department (the sales department is another issue); it's just a conclusion i've arrived at based upon the horror stories i've heard and read about.
Old 01-26-08, 01:58 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

The only reason why I would stick with a Lexus for my next purchase is the car's reliability, and that's all there is to it. In my opinion, the more humble you act, the less courtesy you will receive from some of the Lexus salesmen.

I was at Longo Lexus just a few days ago inquiring about a new GS to replace a 06' 325i and there was no sales attendant wanting to help. I eventually found two talking outside of the building and as I approached to ask for help, they had the audacity to tell me to just go to a receptionist because they're on their smoking break.

These guys need to realize that if it weren't for the products they are selling, no customer is going to appreciate this type of behavior and attitude.

The best salesmanship I've ever encountered was with Bewley Allen Cadillac in Alhambra. When my family bought a new Cadillac from them in the early 90s, the service was wonderful even long after the car's warranty had expired. It's always warm coffee and donuts the first thing before you even sit down in the lobby for service. Christmas cards from the salesman continued years after years until the year the guy retired. Even the service manager would tell you whether I should get the car fixed there or elsewhere.

I've had good customer service with Penske Mercedes as well.

Jon
Old 01-26-08, 02:47 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by t0e
Thanks! i will soon be at LONGO to get my FUEL pipe replaced, and i know its going to be a PAIN IN THE @SS with my car
Phil Russel has always been great to me at Longo through the years.. That was when I owned 2001 IS300
(under warranty 02'-05')..
He had a great team of techs back then..

I am not sure of the techs on his team currently, but overall I give Phil an A+ ..!!
If I ever need warranty work on my 2008 IS350, Phil will be the guy I call at Longo..

Joe Z
Old 01-26-08, 04:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
The only reason why I would stick with a Lexus for my next purchase is the car's reliability, and that's all there is to it. In my opinion, the more humble you act, the less courtesy you will receive from some of the Lexus salesmen.

I was at Longo Lexus just a few days ago inquiring about a new GS to replace a 06' 325i and there was no sales attendant wanting to help. I eventually found two talking outside of the building and as I approached to ask for help, they had the audacity to tell me to just go to a receptionist because they're on their smoking break.

These guys need to realize that if it weren't for the products they are selling, no customer is going to appreciate this type of behavior and attitude.

The best salesmanship I've ever encountered was with Bewley Allen Cadillac in Alhambra. When my family bought a new Cadillac from them in the early 90s, the service was wonderful even long after the car's warranty had expired. It's always warm coffee and donuts the first thing before you even sit down in the lobby for service. Christmas cards from the salesman continued years after years until the year the guy retired. Even the service manager would tell you whether I should get the car fixed there or elsewhere.

Jon
lol aer you serious? man that's some crappy services from the sales. totally remind me why i didn't go there
Old 01-26-08, 08:30 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Seriously man.

I am sure a lot of us will make a better salesman compare to the ones they hired at Longo.

Might as well as give the Lexus retail rights to Walmart. I may be happier this way.

Jon

Originally Posted by rominl
lol aer you serious? man that's some crappy services from the sales. totally remind me why i didn't go there
Old 01-27-08, 01:32 PM
khoongy
Driver

i think the service department is okay. the collision center is horrible though. never again will i take my car there.
Old 01-29-08, 12:15 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3

Jon
Reminds me of when i was looking for an is350 and those idiots told me they would not discount more then 500 off msrp when every other dealer in the area was at least ofering 2000 off msrp or more. then told me that if i wanted a is350 no other dealer can probably get it since they are the biggest, blah blah. screw them. ill never buy a car from them ever.
Old 02-01-08, 12:17 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Well I have nothing but great things to say about Longo. Bought my 3rd Lexus from them in December. I had 2 terrible experiences with service at Cerritos, went to Longo (Man Wong) and he took care of a warranty item that Cerritos declined. I have no problem referring friends/family to Longo for both sales and service. As for Cerritos, I wouldn't recommend their service dept, not even for warranty work. . .

Quick Reply: Do Not Go To Longo Lexus