CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Do's Auto Body & Paint in Midway City

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-08, 11:08 AM
Hudini
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do's Auto Body & Paint in Midway City

I recently ran over a tire on the freeway and so my l-sportline front end needs to be redone. I was referred by Son from Dynamic to go there so I am fairly confident that the work will be good. I was just seeing if anyone here has taken their cars there and your experience.
Old 02-21-08, 03:24 PM
mrhappi
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AutoSports
i just hope Do's autobody isnt dont autobody!
LOL! I'm with autosports on this one.
Old 02-21-08, 05:02 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VIP autobody, A++ work. there only a few building down from dynamic. there has been a few show cars that came out of there. myself included.. get a qoute from them first.
Vip Autobody
714-896-8301
Van
Old 02-21-08, 05:21 PM
dayvers
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hudini
I recently ran over a tire on the freeway and so my l-sportline front end needs to be redone. I was referred by Son from Dynamic to go there so I am fairly confident that the work will be good. I was just seeing if anyone here has taken their cars there and your experience.

i was referred to do's autobody by Son as well. i got my front end repainted because of all the rock chips through the years. they did a good job actually.
Old 03-30-09, 10:18 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry for bumping this old tread up, but did anyone go to Do's?
Old 04-14-09, 10:13 PM
wjimmy
Driver School Candidate

yeah did anyone go?
Old 04-17-09, 11:26 AM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

My Toyota Tacoma is there right now for some repairs on the right side. I know I know, its no Lexus but I will post before and after pictures and some afterthoughts when I get it back, hopefully late next week.
Old 04-17-09, 11:46 PM
stooky
Pole Position

they do terrific work i used to take my s2k there they painted my hardtop and fixed my car after a hit and run.
Old 04-19-09, 12:39 PM
stooky
Pole Position

their pricing is great taking into account the good work they do, i was referred to them by a good friend of the owner so i think i got hooked up but go and check it out. not sure if they still remember me but im pretty sure i was the only GPW s2k to have done my mugen hardtop there.
Old 04-20-09, 08:50 AM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

I can tell you that they were the cheapest of all the estimates I got for my truck. I got 4 quotes ranging from $3200 to $4600 to fix my truck. There was significant damage to my right rear door, slight damage to right door, and really significant damage to the rear pillar of my cab ( 4 door 2003 Tacoma). Price-wise, they were much lower. For me, yes, money was the immediate draw since I'm coming out of pocket on this one. But out of all the estimates I got, Do's was the most thorough and complete, and he really took the time to go over what the repair plan was, instead of just shoving in numbers into the repair estimate software. So really, besides the price, I just felt the most comfortable leaving my truck there.
Old 04-20-09, 09:43 AM
Rich27
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the update! I will probably drop by after work to see what they can do for me.
Old 04-30-09, 03:43 PM
psd112
Driver School Candidate

Ok, so I got my truck back this week.

Overall, I feel pretty good about the cost/value of this shop. The repairs included: replacing a door, repairing dents in another door, repairing damage to my cab, swapping all the door guts(glass,plastic,rubber), painting of all items, etc turned out really good. The color match ( they did some blending) is spot on. They tried to fix my runningboard, and given the damage that was caused by the accident, it looks about 90% good. This was the cheapest option as replacement running boards are over $300. Ok, so far so good.

BUT........

The damage I brought the car in for was on the RIGHT side of my car. The paint, clear, texture of the repairs is great. The one thing I didn't notice was the the LEFT side, the TAILGATE, and my HOOD were all covered in overspray. I didn't really notice this at the time of pickup, as I was more focused on looking at how well the repairs went. Yes, its my fault for not noticing.

Luckily for my car I do my own detailing, so the oversray, despite being on 60% of the car was taken care of by Mr. Claybar and then a good synthetic wax. This tooke me about an hour and a half, and now the paint is smooth and clean all the way around.

Also, they say the car was "detailed" , but no, it really wasn't, there was a noticeable amount of dust inside the cabin invarious places, so no, the car wasn't detailed, as detailed implies being cleaned thoroughly and no "detail' being overlooked. I ended up re "lexol-ing" the whole interior and also vacuuming the truck. I also had to clean the glass, and claybar the glass a little as there was overspray on some parts of the glass as well. The bed of the truck was extremely dusty, and there was also a straw in there, which I know for a fact was not there when I dropped it off.

I have a feeling that if I had addressed this with the shop, they would have probably taken care of these things for me. However, really, if they had taken care of it to begin with, I would have no need to complain, right?

Well, thats my experience with this shop. Would I recommend it? Yes. But keep an eye out for some issues.
Price: Excellent
Refinishing work: Excellent
Customer Service: Good
Overspray on your car: Yes
Not really detailing it: Yes
Not really giving the entire car a walkaround: Yes

Last edited by psd112; 04-30-09 at 03:55 PM.