CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Wow. Times have changed w/ the TINT law.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 05:52 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 771 Likes on 539 Posts

My brother got one about a month ago and it was still a fix it
Old 03-13-08, 06:22 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by augdogg
Yes, That is true. Popo's will no longer be issuing Fix-It Ticks for tint and other infractions. These citations will and do against your driving record affecting your point system.
Are you sure? From what I know, it has to be a moving violation to count against your driving record. Parking, fix it, seat belt, ect... are not moving violations.

I just paid a $160 loud music ticket and a $80 for no seat belt, no points on DMV.
Old 03-13-08, 08:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Are you sure? From what I know, it has to be a moving violation to count against your driving record. Parking, fix it, seat belt, ect... are not moving violations.

I just paid a $160 loud music ticket and a $80 for no seat belt, no points on DMV.
agree, i thought only moving violations will put point in your record
Old 03-14-08, 11:04 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The City of LA has a $50 Million Dollar deficit this year. And by the next fiscal year, will be up to $200 Million. The State of California is in debt in the billions. They are cutting away city, county, and state jobs, especially in education. The only place they are recruiting are the police departments/sheriff departments/highway patrol. What does that tell you?

They say that more police on the ground will lower the crime rate, and with all the gang/random shootings happening, that is probably a good thing. But they are also used as an irreplaceable revenue source. Tickets, bail money, etc. are a HUUGE source of free money. I'm really not surprised.

I work in K-Town on Wilshire. You should see how the meter maids and city tow trucks are hustlin. IT IS INSANE. They are just lined up ready to haul away your car AND give u a parking ticket simultaneously.

Just watch your asses. Don't speed, or park illegally, pay your meter, keep your front plate on, keep your exhaust note low, get your new blue registration sticker on, and when you see po's, ROLL DOWN YOUR WINDOWS.

Good luck out there fellas.

Old 03-16-08, 12:54 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, That is true. Popo's will no longer be issuing Fix-It Ticks for tint and other infractions. These citations will and do against your driving record affecting your point system.
Umm, do you even check your facts before posting? Please provide us evidence that minor infractions such as tint, and other like infractions will be counted as moving violations because I'm sure you couldn't.

It seems like common sense is lost on the internet sometimes. I have close friends in both the CHP and the Sheriffs dept and they both confirm that such "fix-it" tickets are not counted against you on your driving record. Although in some cities, those tickets are fine only and uncorrectable, they do not, in any circumstances add points to your driving records.
Old 03-17-08, 07:48 AM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
Umm, do you even check your facts before posting? Please provide us evidence that minor infractions such as tint, and other like infractions will be counted as moving violations because I'm sure you couldn't.

It seems like common sense is lost on the internet sometimes. I have close friends in both the CHP and the Sheriffs dept and they both confirm that such "fix-it" tickets are not counted against you on your driving record. Although in some cities, those tickets are fine only and uncorrectable, they do not, in any circumstances add points to your driving records.
Oops! did I say that? I apologize for my misprinting of the facts, especially when people here have "close friends in both the CHP and the Sheriffs dept and they both confirm that such "fix-it" tickets are not counted against you on your driving record." as a matter of factly. So what did you do, wait till someone misposted so you can come in and rescue the thread? A simple mature approach would have been more honorable in my opinion, so thanks for the correct info and i'm sure I see you posting around. BTW, Thanks FONZY for doing so in that manner.

Last edited by augdogg; 03-17-08 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-17-08, 12:26 PM
ISFTW
Driver

Originally Posted by eric_r_ho
Not sure if any of you fellow ClubLexus members have been as unlucky as I have been w/ cops. I got a tint ticket on the 25th of Feb. and I just received the paperwork for the citation in the mail today. It says on there, BAIL AT $133. A hundred and thirty-three dollars are you kidding me?

I mean, am I seeing things or is this for real? About 2 yrs ago I got the same citation and all I did was go to a sheriff station, the cop peeked out the window and said "IS THAT ONE YOURS?" And he signed it off, I paid $10 and that was that. Not only that but it says on the ticket that I'm to show up to
court which is in freakin' Downtown Los Angeles because I was cited there. Any way around the fine or showing up to court? I've really no time for this BS..and he gave me a NO FRONT PLATE ticket too..but that's still an easy correctable $10. Anyone?
Would you mind telling me for what percentage tint he gave you a ticket for? I'm currently running Madigo Charcool 55% all around and never get hassled, but plan on re-doing my front/rear windows 35% since some punkass decided to break into my car just to steal my Ipod.
Old 03-17-08, 05:10 PM
GenuineKid
Driver

i have 2 tickets right now, one for tint and one for no front plate, both fix-it tickets.
Old 03-17-08, 08:12 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BTW, Thanks FONZY for doing so in that manner.

Honda boys forget they have moved up in class and must act according JK, but on the real Dougspeed, that was uncalled for.
Old 03-17-08, 08:34 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Wow did the price of donuts go up or something?
Old 03-18-08, 03:34 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Oops! did I say that? I apologize for my misprinting of the facts, especially when people here have "close friends in both the CHP and the Sheriffs dept and they both confirm that such "fix-it" tickets are not counted against you on your driving record." as a matter of factly. So what did you do, wait till someone misposted so you can come in and rescue the thread? A simple mature approach would have been more honorable in my opinion, so thanks for the correct info and i'm sure I see you posting around. BTW, Thanks FONZY for doing so in that manner.
No need to get butthurt, I was just stating the facts, it IS the internet you know. I just find it annoying that people on this forum post any kind of response without checking the facts first. It isn't aimed at just you, but it keeps happening so consider it a tough love response. Maybe others will think before posting their replies in the future..
Old 03-18-08, 03:44 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GS FONZy

Honda boys forget they have moved up in class and must act according JK, but on the real Dougspeed, that was uncalled for.
Honestly, I just think people try to be waaay to pc and my style is just "in your face" both in person and on the net. It may offend people but as long as they get the message, it makes no difference to me. I try to be anti-la in the sense that I won't fake it like many of the people I meet here in Cali, especially here in the Westside of SoCal. If I disagree with something or someone, I'll just say it. Not one to beat around the bush even if it does come our rude sometimes. And hey, I didn't personally insult him in any manner so to me, I did keep it professional.
Old 03-18-08, 03:49 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

No need to get butthurt, I was just stating the facts, it IS the internet you know. I just find it annoying that people on this forum post any kind of response without checking the facts first. It isn't aimed at just you, but it keeps happening so consider it a tough love response. Maybe others will think before posting their replies in the future..
Butthurt...lolol. Haven't heard that one in a long while. Funny that small correctable things annoy you, and BTW we all know it's the internet. Tough love? What are you the Polizi of the internet realm? Just too much to ask to be mature and respectable, but so easy to come off as a jerk. Must suck to be that way....but go on w/ your bad self fam..

Last edited by augdogg; 03-18-08 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-18-08, 04:02 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Well, let me ask you this, what is mature? I see that term thrown around alot but it gets to be meaningless after awhile when it's used for everyone who gets offended by another who doesn't respond the way they THINK they should be responding. Please point out to me exactly where I was being immature because it seems that there is a rather broad definition of maturity. Again, it's the internet, you can't hear my tone of voice or what my expressions so relax, no need to judge me as I haven't judged you..
Old 03-18-08, 04:11 PM
augdogg
Lead Lap

Well, let me ask you this, what is mature? I see that term thrown around alot but it gets to be meaningless after awhile when it's used for everyone who gets offended by another who doesn't respond the way they THINK they should be responding. Please point out to me exactly where I was being immature because it seems that there is a rather broad definition of maturity. Again, it's the internet, you can't hear my tone of voice or what my expressions so relax, no need to judge me as I haven't judged you..
Let's get back to the topic for those interested Doug....you cool w/ that?

Quick Reply: Wow. Times have changed w/ the TINT law.