CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus Collision Center in Cerritos.. Some Comments

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-08, 04:31 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus Collision Center in Cerritos.. Some Comments

Well, I wish I knew about Backyard Creations, I took it to Lexus Collision Center in Cerritos, and I am still not quite happy...

well basically i was hit on the fender side, cerritos replaced it and repainted it, but when they oversprayed to blend or something (sorry dont know much about paint), they didn't do a good job and it started looking cloudy.

i went back once and they said it was polish, they polished and buffed, I left since it was too dark and the next day it was still cloudy. I was nice about it since I am pretty nice guy.. hehe.. and they told me that it was the crappy paint job from before that is interacting with the new paint. so they sort of indirectly implied that it was the other painter's fault, so they offered to fix it if i paid them to strip the hood. being the nice guy i am, i agreed but in addition I wanted rock chips to be removed from the side fender (other side with additional costs of course). so they gave me a very decent price, and did what they said.

i also had them install the OEM nozzles back since I had aftermarket ones before, but they only had one in stock so they gave me a used one (no charge), but I paid for the other nozzle. when i tried turning it on after i got my car, one side didn't work. he took the car into the back, and i don't know what they did but it started working again, but it was shooting low. he tried adjusting it by sticking a paper clip into the nozzle and prying it up (damaging the nozzle as well). he did it several times to finally realize they were not adjustable. being the nice guy i am , i told him I didn't say anything which i know i prolly should but i am not a confrontational guy at all, i said "thanks". he offered to send a new one to me to replace myself without charge so that was nice.

the unhappy part is other than the mutiple trips to this place without getting it right the first time, when they stuck the side molding back on to the fender, it looks loose with some noticeable gap (maybe too thick of a double sides tape?? i have no idea). i have no clue about how to fix that yet and i sort of dont want to drive from pasadena to cerritos again for my 4th-5th time to tell them. beacuse if i do, i am sure i will start having engine trouble if i dont already.... the service advisor is cool, but the productions guy just was not. he seemed frustrated that i was finiding his mistakes or something.

but anyways...

i wish i knew of BC. thanks.. or maybe i am just picky like a woman with shoes... oh well...

oh I was told by is.net members to try Top Werks since i need some other work done. I have never went to them any suggestions or experience.

basically i have a broken tab on my rear bumper that Sam from Top Werks said I would need to reaplce the whole bumper. i am not sure about prices or whether i need to replace the bumper, any thoughts or comments?

oh this is for an is300... thanks. any ideas on how much as well?? structurally the bumper is fine.. thanks.