CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Recommendations for Staples Center Parking?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-08, 04:15 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recommendations for Staples Center Parking?

I'm going to a Lakers game on Tues at Staples and would like some recommendations for parking. I was just going to get myself one of those pre-paid parking tickets for $20-25 but thought I'd give CL a shot to see if anyone has better tips for me.

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

TIA
Old 04-12-08, 04:39 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i don't know if it's the best, but last time we were a bit late and just randomly drove around staples center, people with waving flags left and right telling us there are parking. we ended up paying like 10 bucks, pretty cheap. it was in a back parking lot though
Old 04-13-08, 12:11 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

park at the convention center. take 110 north, 10 west exit 9th street i think it is. go to the end of the street, there is a convention center parking lot there. unless it is full it is usually 10 bucks, then just park there and its a quick walk to staples center it also where the limos park and drop off celebsand such. might even see jack after the game going to his limo.
Old 04-13-08, 12:17 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Go LAKERS

KOBE = MVP
Old 04-13-08, 01:11 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I've yet to try this but there's a hotel (forgot the name) directly across from Staples Center that people have recommended to me that you can go there about 2 hours prior to the game and park in their lot for free. Apparently, you just have to hang around the lounges and enjoy a few drinks before going to the game.

I am not sure it'll work 100% but it doesn't hurt to try and if it doesn't work, there's $10 and below parking about 1/2 mile from Staples. I went there once for a Clippers game (they played my Warriors ) and overall I enjoyed the night.
Old 04-13-08, 05:09 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

park at the convention ctr. well, thats what i did when i went to the lakers game. but for me, i dont like to park in those dark lots, even though there are tons of ppl out. but conv ctr parking = $$$!

have fun!
Old 04-13-08, 12:55 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for all the tips, guys!

I still have til Tues so keep 'em coming.

ps. I hope the Lakers win!! (pretty sure they will since they're playing the Kings).
Old 04-13-08, 01:39 PM
Big Steve
Pole Position

hmm both times i've gone to laker games and to nokia center, i parked directly across from the fox sports grill for $20, and it was safe, i noticed a lot of higher end cars in there too like a rolls royce twice! haha.
Old 04-13-08, 03:50 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

$10.00 parking behind Just Tires on Olympic Blvd is a decent spot to park if you don't mind walking a block away..

$20.00 parking diagonally across Staples Center is another good spot.. after the game before you cross to go back to the parking lot, you can wait for the Lakers players to drive out of the parking lot..
Old 04-14-08, 02:27 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
$10.00 parking behind Just Tires on Olympic Blvd is a decent spot to park if you don't mind walking a block away..

$20.00 parking diagonally across Staples Center is another good spot.. after the game before you cross to go back to the parking lot, you can wait for the Lakers players to drive out of the parking lot..
that lot diagonally is a good place if it doesnt fill up quick. i still say convention center where its 10 bucks and you can park by where the limos park and wait to pick up celebs. AS for waiting for the lakers, easier to see them down in the tunnel.
Old 04-14-08, 10:33 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29

Originally Posted by AM1
that lot diagonally is a good place if it doesnt fill up quick. i still say convention center where its 10 bucks and you can park by where the limos park and wait to pick up celebs. AS for waiting for the lakers, easier to see them down in the tunnel.
Yup. If your coming from the Westside going eastbound on Olympic, its on the left corner of Olympic right when u hit Fig.

If not, just park at the Convention Center. I think its 12-15 bux. You get nice indoor parking. Cuz some of those out door lots are shady. They triple stack cars to within inches. Personally, I park across Chick Hearn Ave. at the Nokia Center parking structure for $20 bux. Its the closest and gives you plenty of indoor parking and gives you the quickest escape from the post game traffic. If you think about it 20 bux is just two large domestic beers!
Old 04-14-08, 11:00 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Make It Easy $20 Right In The Staple Center Parking Structure..*

<--Im A Regular
Old 04-15-08, 08:02 AM
truce209
Driver

Have a great time Kari!! Go Lakers!!!
Old 04-15-08, 12:56 PM
milky
Lexus Champion

Be ready for a great game tonight if the Hornets dont lose to the Clippers first!

GO LAKESHOW!!
Old 04-15-08, 12:58 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by truce209
Have a great time Kari!! Go Lakers!!!
Thanks Truc! I bought the tix as a surprise for my bf since he said he's always wanted to go to a Lakers game & have never been. I'm going to reveal the surprise to him in approx 3 hours. Can't wait to see his reaction!

Quick Reply: Recommendations for Staples Center Parking?