CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

UCSD Students/Organizations

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-11, 07:37 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bumping an old thread, looking to see whos still on the boards at UCSD haha. Currently a 3rd year at ERC. Last quarter of MMW ftmfw! I live in the Village currently and will probably move out to an apartment near campus hopefully if I could find roommates in time. Holla if you see me at school!
Old 05-08-11, 07:41 PM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

class of 06 here. Great school to study lol. They built so many new building since I left.
Old 05-08-11, 07:54 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost went there...then decided to go to SDSU instead. I planned on playing football then blew out my knee...oh well. I work by UCSD at scripps hospital on torrey pines rd. I heard about the car show/meet they had back in the day.
Old 05-09-11, 06:57 PM
DSheeezy
Rookie

im going to ucsd next year also. c/o 2015 lol. im going to sixth though. anything i should know about that?
Old 05-09-11, 10:51 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DSheeezy
im going to ucsd next year also. c/o 2015 lol. im going to sixth though. anything i should know about that?
If you're going to live in the sixth college dorms, I'm sorry to tell you but you will be living in a ****hole and I'm not even exaggerating lol. I visited my female friend there and even her room was like a jungle. Not because she was messy (she was a little) but the whole complex is just old, musky and mildew infested. Just hope that the cleaning service (the freshman/sophomore dorms get cleaning service weekly) does a good job because I felt like the house was a cave ahahaha. But after you have orientation and get settled in, come check out Imports@UCSD. I'm not in the club yet either since I didn't have a car until like 2 weeks ago, but they host shows, meets and gatherings with other UC/CSU campuses to have joint events. Heres the link to the forum, you can sign up here.

http://www.importsuniversity.com/forums/index.php

What car do you drive?
Old 05-09-11, 10:55 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

1st year here at revelle (HUM series sucks)

glad to know theres people on CL going to UCSD

sucks living in the dorms cause you cant work on your car at ALL
Old 05-10-11, 03:44 AM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HellaG35
1st year here at revelle (HUM series sucks)

glad to know theres people on CL going to UCSD

sucks living in the dorms cause you cant work on your car at ALL
Yup I live in the Village near ERC. Left my car in Norcal for most of the year, I brought it down just 2 weeks ago haha parted most of the car out before I left, but the mod bug has bit me again ...

Btw, where do all of you guys get your car detailed near La Jolla? I'd do it myself but I don't have a place to do it. I'd prefer a place that at least uses the two bucket method. Most of those random car washes just use a random sponge with a black bucket of water thats been used for all the cars during the day.
Old 05-10-11, 07:08 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stevoe88
Yup I live in the Village near ERC. Left my car in Norcal for most of the year, I brought it down just 2 weeks ago haha parted most of the car out before I left, but the mod bug has bit me again ...

Btw, where do all of you guys get your car detailed near La Jolla? I'd do it myself but I don't have a place to do it. I'd prefer a place that at least uses the two bucket method. Most of those random car washes just use a random sponge with a black bucket of water thats been used for all the cars during the day.
why the part outs? for details, i feel like any car wash in La Jolla would charge you major... everything heres unfortunately overpriced.

We should have a small CL meet sometime. My car right now is back at home too due to not wanting to pay the hefty 600-700 parking permit and not have guaranteed parking!

and not to mention all the tiny *** spots and horrible people that cannot drive... ive seen/heard so much parking fail at UCSD and hit and runs to avoid bringing it up. but ill def bring it if we have a meet

plus, ive been out to the imports@ucsd and they are very exclusive to each other. didnt feel really welcomed and some of them (not to mention anyone) really tried to show off revving in the parking garages, etc.

driving the cars they were driving i would have expected different.

oh wells!
Old 05-10-11, 03:22 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

why the part outs? for details, i feel like any car wash in La Jolla would charge you major... everything heres unfortunately overpriced.

We should have a small CL meet sometime. My car right now is back at home too due to not wanting to pay the hefty 600-700 parking permit and not have guaranteed parking!

and not to mention all the tiny *** spots and horrible people that cannot drive... ive seen/heard so much parking fail at UCSD and hit and runs to avoid bringing it up. but ill def bring it if we have a meet

plus, ive been out to the imports@ucsd and they are very exclusive to each other. didnt feel really welcomed and some of them (not to mention anyone) really tried to show off revving in the parking garages, etc.

driving the cars they were driving i would have expected different.

oh wells!
In that case we'll just have our own meets LOL if you live on campus, it shouldn't be too hard to find parking since once you find a spot, you can just bus it everywhere like I do. I'm currently putting on a bunch of parts to make it in time for hellaflush 8. If you guys are interested, we should set up a caravan or something.
Old 05-10-11, 10:21 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Im too ashamed to drive my car to Hellaflush as its mostly stock!
Old 05-11-11, 04:27 AM
DriftSC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its kinda strange to hear people that are intimidated by the Imports club. I recently joined and I've been heading to the meets every monday night now, and everyone there is friendly. We like to goof around, hear each other's exhaust, etc. etc. Stop by and talk to one of the members, most everyone likes to talk about their car haha. Also, not everyone's car is baller enough to end up on Library walk, most of the guys there are stock though there are a couple of heavily modified cars.

As for me, I'm in ERC, and there are too many MMW classes. I guess they finally lowered it to 5 now that I finished them all.
Old 05-11-11, 09:43 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DriftSC
Its kinda strange to hear people that are intimidated by the Imports club. I recently joined and I've been heading to the meets every monday night now, and everyone there is friendly. We like to goof around, hear each other's exhaust, etc. etc. Stop by and talk to one of the members, most everyone likes to talk about their car haha. Also, not everyone's car is baller enough to end up on Library walk, most of the guys there are stock though there are a couple of heavily modified cars.

As for me, I'm in ERC, and there are too many MMW classes. I guess they finally lowered it to 5 now that I finished them all.
You drive your sc to the meets?

Last time I went it was in gilman structure and didn't see one Lexus

saw a stang, evo, wrx, e92, gt3000, a 350z and a baller *** audi
Old 05-11-11, 01:19 PM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm currently UCSD Med, I've never been to the imports at school but there's local meets in Clairemont all the time. There's already a caravan to HF I think, check out the socal forums for the thread.
Old 05-11-11, 02:29 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Im too ashamed to drive my car to Hellaflush as its mostly stock!
Stock or modified, it's your presence that counts! I'd rather have people having fun together at a meet, than everyone just there to win awards and competing or what not.

Originally Posted by DriftSC

I'm taking MMW-6 right now, we finished up the prospectus a couple weeks ago and working on our final draft for our research paper. I can't wait until it's over ...
Old 05-11-11, 03:21 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Once I bring my car I'll head out to the meets

we could keep this as a UCSD Cl meet haha

Quick Reply: UCSD Students/Organizations